GDT: Game 33 12/21 7:07 PM - Bruins try to shoot down high flying Jets | NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So, Armageddon scenario and Marchand, Nash, and Spooner can't go.

Who the hell is left to play? Are they allowed to call bodies up from Providence now as a precaution?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
So, Armageddon scenario and Marchand, Nash, and Spooner can't go.

Who the hell is left to play? Are they allowed to call bodies up from Providence now as a precaution?
Seems like Jordan Szwarz is on his way. Boston already has Frank Vatrano on the roster. If all 3 ill players can't go tonight, I assume the Bruins will dress 7 defensemen. Paul Postma did lead the after morning-skate stretch today.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
The sickest I can remember being as an adult was due to a food bug about four years ago. That was three days of absolute misery. I don't think I was more than five steps from the bathroom most of the time. Hope whatever they have didn't spread any further than those three.

Reactions: BMC and PB37

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Illnesses leaving Bruins shorthanded - The Boston Globe

Brad Marchand, Riley Nash, and Ryan Spooner are questionable for tonight’s game against Winnipeg because of similar illnesses. The Bruins are concerned that a sickness is working through the dressing room, so the three forwards were excused from the morning skate.
Because of the illnesses, the Bruins may have to recall players from Providence on an emergency basis. Frank Vatrano is the only extra forward. It’s possible they could also dress Paul Postma and play seven defensemen. Postma has been a healthy scratch for eight of the last nine games.
David Krejci (upper body) will miss his third straight game. Krejci did not skate this morning. Adam McQuaid has yet to be activated, but is a possibility for Saturday’s matinee against Detroit.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
They may be saying "food bug", but a lot of those supposed "food bugs" are actually just your ordinary norovirus aka "stomach flu"...it's more common than food poisoning, and can be easily transmitted via objects (laundry hamper in the locker room) and shared food/drink sources (water bottles).

The bad news is that, unlike a typical food bug, which generally isn't passed person-to-person, norovirus is pretty contagious.

Not looking forward to more Providence call ups, but hey, we weren't that awful the first bout of injuries...

Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Is it bad that I'm excited to see Vatrano?

I'm guessing something like:

DeBrusk-Bergeron-Pasta
Heinen-Backes-Bjork
Schaller-Kuraly-Acciari
Vatrano-Czarnik-Schwarz

No. He's still young and has potential. Just not sure he would provide enough tonight to earn another game over someone (if everyone is back).

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
They may be saying "food bug", but a lot of those supposed "food bugs" are actually just your ordinary norovirus aka "stomach flu"...it's more common than food poisoning, and can be easily transmitted via objects (laundry hamper in the locker room) and shared food/drink sources (water bottles).

The bad news is that, unlike a typical food bug, which generally isn't passed person-to-person, norovirus is pretty contagious.

Not looking forward to more Providence call ups, but hey, we weren't that awful the first bout of injuries...

I'd look forward to Providence call ups if it weren't guys like Szwarz. I'd prefer a JFK, Blidh, and/or Czarnik.

Edit: Hm....Maybe someone new, actually. Colby Cave has been a pretty steady producer for Providence. Put up 35 points last year and is on a higher PPG pace this season.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The sickest I can remember being as an adult was due to a food bug about four years ago. That was three days of absolute misery. I don't think I was more than five steps from the bathroom most of the time. Hope whatever they have didn't spread any further than those three.

Same with me, 4 years ago right before Thanksgiving. I literally crawled from my bed to my bathroom, and stayed in there for what felt like hours and lost 20 pounds in two days. My house then had a sink right in front of the toilet which was...umm...convenient since there was no rhyme or reason on which way stuff wanted to leave my body

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Same with me, 4 years ago right before Thanksgiving. I literally crawled from my bed to my bathroom, and stayed in there for what felt like hours and lost 20 pounds in two days. My house then had a sink right in front of the toilet which was...umm...convenient since there was no rhyme or reason on which way stuff wanted to leave my body

I don't want to laugh at your misery but this gave me an... interesting mental picture

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
postma sabatoging the bruins water bottles to get himself into the line up to show the jets they shlda played him more when he was here!! that sneaky snealy postman!!

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I believe I have found the source:

The 'man flu' may be real. But many women, and even men, don’t want to believe it. - The Boston Globe

Jason Feldman, the founder of Unwind Social, a social networking platform, has fully embraced his gendered illness.
“The ‘man flu’ got me really bad this year,” he said. His throat felt like it had been attacked by razor blades, he had chronic migraines. “My glands were golf balls.”

When the guys in the apartment downstairs offered him tickets to the Bruins — fifth row, on the corner, behind the net — he managed to rise from his sickbed to go to TD Garden and watch part of the game, an activity that took his mind off his maladies until the Washington Capitals started “killing” the Bruins, he said.
“Then the man flu came back tenfold.”

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not going to lie, not a hell of a lot. Glimpses here and there... that's it. I have no access to Providence games at all.

My question wasn't meant as snarky, as I have not seen him play much either. I don't have an excuse seeing I live about 20 minutes from the Dunk. However, from the scouting reports I've read on Cave, he sounds like a guy similar to Blidh, maybe not as physical. I posted a tweet from our own @BruinsNetwork above.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad