GDT: Game 32: Seattle Kraken(18-10-3) @ Vancouver Canucks(13-15-3) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After coming home and taking care of two tired opponents(Winnipeg and St. Louis) the Kraken are headed north of the border to play their closest geographical rival, the Vancouver Canucks.

The Canucks, so far this season, have been underwhelming and there's a lot of talk in Vancouver about starting a rebuilt or at least a re-tool of the team.

The Kraken, on the other hand, will be trying to finally beat the Canucks in their 6th ever matchup and gain a twelve point advantage on theim.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
cut.jpg

When?
07:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 pm. ET / 4:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, SNP
-------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Keep up the defensive effort

During those last two games the Kraken have been really solid defensively, helping out their goalies as well.
In order to get another win on the road the Kraken need to play this game with the same defensive approach in limiting shots, blocking shots and trying to keep things to the outside.

2) Penalty Kill, anyone???
giphy.gif

3) Keep the offensive flow
So far this season the Kraken have been able to score a good amount of goals thanks to rolling four lines and overwhelming opponents with it.
So let's just keep on doing this against a team that has a lot of troubles to defend and keep the puck out of their own net.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 10(G) - 18(A) ---> 28 points
Jordan Eberle: 8(G) - 17(A) ---> 25 points
Matty Beniers: 11(G) - 13(A) ---> 24 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 23:52 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:44 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 19:16 TOI/Game

Netminders:
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Elias Pettersson: 13(G) - 21(A) ---> 34 points
Bo Horvat: 22(G) - 9(A) ---> 31 points
J.T. Miller: 11(G) - 16(A) ---> 27 points

Work Load:
Quinn Hughes: 24:55 TOI/Game
Bo Horvat: 20:54 TOI/Game
J.T. Miller: 20:50 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Thatcher Demko: 3-10-2 / .883(SV%) / 3.93 GAA
Spencer Martin: 9-5-1 / .885(SV%) / 3.60 GAA
Collin Delia: 1-0-0 / .882(SV%) / 2.78 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

This will be an interesting one.
In their final game before Christmas the Kraken will try to end their losing streak of five against the Canucks and win their 19th game of the season.

The Canucks, on the other hand, still haven't been able to find any consistancy and as bad as our goaltending has looked so far in our franchise history, the Canucks goalies this season are pretty bad.

Let's hope the Kraken are able to take advantage of an opponent that seems to be on the verge of their GM blowing things up and starting all over.

Anyways, let's hope the boys are up for it and of course....
giphy.gif

wewantyoursoul

Oct 14, 2021
Happy Valley, OR
Thanks RCH!!! I was trying to avoid creating the thread...no bad juju. haha

As for your #2 key to the game...let's jump ahead of that and say "no dumb penalties". If we can cut those out, we won't have to worry about the PK.

Early x-mas gifts: two points, obviously!; Donato scores in his 5th straight; MattyB, Tanev and Sprong goals!

Reactions: RayMartyniukTotems

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Alright! Have s six pack of Sleigh'r and no work tomorrow. Going to watch the Flyers game that already happened to pregame, and then hopefully watch SEA take it to the nucks in their building.

Reactions: The Marquis

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Geekie is selfish he had Sprong a number of times and did nothing. I'd trade him when Wright gets back in less than a month's time

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
A great period that lapsed to merely good, but there were some juicy chances aside from the actual goal that make me feel like they can still come out and reassert themselves.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Kraken were the better team again for about 80% of the period. Goals like the one the acanucks scored happen all the time, but the one McCann scored…. Awesome.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Last game before the Christmas break. Would be nice to get a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad