GDT: Game 32: Coyotes @ Sabres - 12/13 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
Game Preview: 12/13/18 vs. Arizona

Source: SabresDigitalPressBox.com

LAST GAME
Tuesday, December 11
Los Angeles 3 at Buffalo 4 (OT)
Goals: Girgensons, Eichel, Larsson, Skinner
Goalie: Ullmark (26 saves/29 shots)
PP: 2/8; PK: 4/4; Shots: Buffalo 47 – Los Angeles 29

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 119)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 31 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 31 games
Marco Scandella (upper body, Nov. 27; injured reserve) – 7 games
Jake McCabe (upper body, Nov. 29; injured reserve) – 5 games
Casey Nelson (upper body, Dec. 8; injured reserve) – 2 games
Patrik Berglund (illness, Dec. 11) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/7: Recalled D Matt Tennyson and G Scott Wedgewood from Rochester (AHL); Placed D Casey Nelson on IR
12/12: Assigned D Matt Hunwick to Rochester (AHL) on a conditioning loan

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Dec. 15: Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Dec. 16: Buffalo at Boston, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 18: Florida at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 21: Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 22: Anaheim at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
COYOTES at SABRES

• This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Coyotes this season.
  • Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Arizona 3-0 in Arizona on Oct. 13
  • The Sabres are 7-2-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Coyotes; 5-3-2 at home.
  • This is the 80th game all-time between Buffalo and Arizona/Winnipeg; Buffalo has a 47-23-9 series record.
  • The Sabres are 25-8-7 at home against the Coyotes/Jets all-time.
THIS DAY IN SABRES HISTORY
  • The Sabres are 8-10-3 all-time on December 13.
  • December 13, 1972: The Sabres defeat the Boston Bruins 7-3 in a game which featured 154 penalty minutes, including 76 by the Sabres alone. Among the penalties was the infamous fight that featured Sabres defenseman Jim Schoenfeld crashing through the zamboni doors with Bruins forward Wayne Cashman.
  • December 13, 2008: Thomas Vanek scores the 10,000th goal in franchise history in a 4-2 win at New Jersey.
THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW
  • Jack Eichel enters tonight’s contest with five goals in his last three games, marking his longest goal streak since March 3 to 7, 2016.
  • Rasmus Ristolainen has totaled 11 points (1+10) in his last 11 games.
  • The Sabres are 7-2-1 against the Pacific Division this season, including a 4-0-1 record at home.
  • Buffalo is 13-3-1 in its last 17 games against Arizona, including an 8-2-1 record since the beginning of the 2013-14 season.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Please give me a great game that sets up for Saturday against the Caps. I'm so looking forward to seeing a Sabres game again in person.

Putting on the old blue and gold Saturday night?

I used to travel ALOT to the N. Va/DC area and it's been a few years since I attended games at the Cap Center (think it was MCI and Verizon when I attended games). It used to be easy to score a good seat - like near center ice 20 rows up - when the Sabres and AVS came to town. Probably not so easy now.

The DC crowd back then was pretty cool about visiting fans. Unless - as a fan told me - they were from Pittsburg or Philadelphia. Philly fans were the most obnoxious fans ever. I told him you just never had to deal with know it all Red Wing or Toronto fans !:laugh:

I hear our fans can be pretty irritating down in North Carolina however.

Reactions: sabremike

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA

I used to travel ALOT to the N. Va/DC area and it's been a few years since I attended games at the Cap Center (think it was MCI and Verizon when I attended games). It used to be easy to score a good seat - like near center ice 20 rows up - when the Sabres and AVS came to town. Probably not so easy now.

The DC crowd back then was pretty cool about visiting fans. Unless - as a fan told me - they were from Pittsburg or Philadelphia. Philly fans were the most obnoxious fans ever. I told him you just never had to deal with know it all Red Wing or Toronto fans !:laugh:

Yep...I'll be wearing my white Miller Jersey! And yeah, the fans there HATE Flyers fans more than anyone else. We got complimented last time I was there that as Sabres fans we were really "pretty cool" and that we were nothing like Flyers fans.
Tickets are harder to score, and way more expensive, but we have good low corner seats where the Sabres will shoot twice. Caps rolled over Detroit last night, so this is going to be an interesting game.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Im excited for hockey again!

If they go down by a goal i'm checking out of the GDT though.

I was at the game tuesday and skimmed that thread afterwards. Man that thing was toxic

Reactions: searoc and Fezzy126

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

I used to go every year, and for a while the Canes video crew would constantly taunt Sabres fans with edited videos mocking the Sabres, the fans, the city of Buffalo, "yankees", everything under the sun... I'm a pretty tame guy at games, but it would bring the "redneck" out of home fans, and get the Buffalo people POd, and start crap between eager to drink fan bases. There's a bit more to it, but I shouldn't post it here. I can fairly state that it went both ways. The inciting videos were greatly reduced eventually.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I'd like to see Okposo get back on the board... he was playing well for a while ..now he seems to have disappeared.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd like to see Okposo get back on the board... he was playing well for a while ..now he seems to have disappeared.

That half-toe drag move where he scored may have been his last goal. It's been a month (11/13 against the Bolts). Time to get something greasy.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Yea, I’d like to see Okposo, Thompson, Mitts, or Berg grab a goal tonight. Hell, let’s get greedy and say Dahlin too :wave:

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I’d like to see Pominville up with Jack ‘n Jeff again. Not that Reinhart has been bad (he’s actually been fantastic), but the 3 of them together make this team a 1-line threat. Let the 3 J’s do their thing, and then put Reinhart with Mitts, and Okposo can go f*** himself wherever else. At least try to spread it out a bit and create a second threat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad