GDT: Game 32: Coyotes @ Hurricanes - 11 AM - FSAZ

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think Galchenyuk has been one of our best forwards this game. First game back after an injury too. Hope he's back with Keller/Schmaltz next game.

Good to hear Galchenyuk was back strong.

Where did they play him -- I couldn't believe that projected lineup in the OP where Galchenyuk was slated to play on the third line and not at center.

Was that on account of bringing him back slowly or something else? Why is he not playing center?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Good to hear Galchenyuk was back strong.

Where did they play him -- I couldn't believe that projected lineup in the OP where Galchenyuk was slated to play on the third line and not at center.

Was that on account of bringing him back slowly or something else? Why is he not playing center?
Schmaltz took his job at C. Still, I’d likely keep both Schmaltz and Galchenyuk at C. Move Richardson down to 4C and Kempe can play wing.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
11 games @ net zero...0 goals, 0 assists and 0 +/-

Garland is 5 games net zero.

Bunting is 3 games net 1...1 goal, 0 assists and is + 1

Team is -8 as a whole... this is not obviously bad numbers for any of them?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Team is -8 as a whole... this is not obviously bad numbers for any of them?

None of them have a sample large enough where I'd pay any mind (and I don't pay much anyway normally) to +/-.
They don't play a ton of minutes and they were getting the "easy' minutes as it were.

IMO both Bunting and Garland were pretty good for first call ups. I don't' necessarily have a problem sending one of them down if the goal is to let them play bigger minutes though.

I mostly just think Kempe is pointless unless we need a baseball slide on a goalie.

CNYCrunchfan1

Oct 10, 2017
Seems like this team is content to just be mediocre at best. Like pretty much every year since 96. Kempe, Garland, Bunting, Archibald, Panik, etc etc...does it really matter who is in? We have nothing extraordinary, never do, just years and years of mediocrity.

Switch them in, switch them out, rinse repeat...the names change but the lack of real game changing talent continues.

Reactions: Llama19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad