GDT: Game 32: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 12/14 7PM EST

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
give me an early Christmas present

I want a post Game from Torts that make the mains and stays there for a week

If he doesn't go off after that piss poor effort than he has changed

Only good thing about this team is I don't have a ****ing dime invested in tickets this season......PUKE

Last edited:

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
really need to start thinking about who will go in the fire sale at the trade deadline at this point. there is no hope left this season.
It sucks that Hartnell could get traded because off his cap hit/length of contract/could maybe bring in something of value if teams aren't afraid of his contract. Why it sucks? Well because he is one of the few players that is putting up points. Trade him and one of the offensive threats is gone. I guess the same can be said about Atkinson. Imagine if Hartnell and Atkinson got traded. Leading point player(Hartnell) and 5th in points(Atkinson)/leading goal scorer(Hartnell) and 4th in goals(Atkinson) could be gone. Mind you, stats will be different come trade deadline. I guess, depending on what we get, could free up cap space for a UFA signing or a trade in the Summer. But I can't see teams picking up their contracts without sending some back to us.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Our age old need for a sniper is evident to me once again. If the garbage greasy goals go away we can't score to save our life.

Thought we played pretty well tonight except for their 2 goals and our inability to hit an open net.

Don't see tomorrow going well at all.

Ob la di, Ob la da

This is the worst team in the league by a mile. Two miles. No flair or skill dumb turnovers that always lead to goals. Crappy pp you name it. Problem is we'll play like an above .500 team for a stretch and get a craptastic 8th overall pick

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Lightning fan swinging by to chime in.

Hang in there guys... our offense is regularly as bad as yours was tonight.

Your offense was as bad as ours tonight....actually worse

We gave you both your freaking goals

Why I'm upset I have no idea........15 ****ing years and counting

Jarmo so suck a muffler in the parking lot, any one don't matter

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
It sucks that Hartnell could get traded because off his cap hit/length of contract/could maybe bring in something of value if teams aren't afraid of his contract. Why it sucks? Well because he is one of the few players that is putting up points. Trade him and one of the offensive threats is gone. I guess the same can be said about Atkinson. Imagine if Hartnell and Atkinson got traded. Leading point player(Hartnell) and 5th in points(Atkinson)/leading goal scorer(Hartnell) and 4th in goals(Atkinson) could be gone. Mind you, stats will be different come trade deadline. I guess, depending on what we get, could free up cap space for a UFA signing or a trade in the Summer.

I have a hard time believing they would both be traded

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Lightning fan swinging by to chime in. Brutal game tonight for both of us, Jackets waited too damn long to fire themselves up but they made up for that 50+ minutes with probably the toughest 10 minutes we've seen from an opponent all year.

Johnson's out, Drouin's out, Palat's out, Condra's out and now Vermin breaks his thumb a few minutes into the game and we play with 10 forwards for over 2 1/2 periods... and the poor Jackets couldn't hit water if they shot into a lake tonight. Just no luck for either of us.

Hang in there guys... our offense is regularly as bad as yours was tonight.

The tough part is OUR offense is also regularly as bad as it was tonight.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I wanna see
Hartnell-Johansen-Foligno our first line from last year was really good and has chemistry
Saad-Wennberg-Atkinson a playmaker that can hopefully put the two speedsters in space to get goals
Calvert-Dubinsky-Jenner two way play and can provide some goals

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
i'd take a blockbuster (Joey) and a couple minor dumps (Hartnell, Tyutin)
Will you(And you think management) be willing to eat part of Hartnell's or Tyutin's contract? Hartnell has value but you think Tyutin has any? If a team asks for a prospect/pick to be added on to Tyutin, would you, just to get rid of him(without eating salary)? What about Calvert? Seems like the last two years, the Jets had interest in him. If they do again, ship him? Rychel or Anderson can fill his role.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Will you(And you think management) be willing to eat part of Hartnell's or Tyutin's contract? Hartnell has value but you think Tyutin has any? If a team asks for a prospect/pick to be added on to Tyutin, would you, just to get rid of him? What about Calvert? Seems like the last two years, the Jets had interest in him. If they do again, ship him? Rychel or Anderson can fill his role.

Call me crazy, but I think Calvert is one of the best on the PK. I think his contract is of decent value.

Will have to add to get Tyutin taken in somewhere I would think. Hartnell's contract is...intimidating

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The tough part is OUR offense is also regularly as bad as it was tonight.

Foligno and Ry-Jo are a great start to what could be a great offense but it's not enough skill for a playoff team. I can't even imagine how mad you guys must have gone waiting for grinders to get all your goals night after night. Stamkos has been a total no-show for about 9 games now, getting assists by association. It's driving us nuts now and turning us away from hjm.

IMO Jarmo's gotta find a way to roll the dice unless the Jackets win the lottery. Unless it's Matthews and Chychrun, I pray to God the Jackets trade out of their pick and get a legitimate 30x30 to go with Ry-Jo and Foligno.

Torts isn't gonna bring you guys anywhere when you're waiting on guys like Calvert and Jenner to regularly supply your offense.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Call me crazy, but I think Calvert is one of the best on the PK. I think his contract is of decent value.

Will have to add to get Tyutin taken in somewhere I would think. Hartnell's contract is...intimidating
I like Calvert and his contract isn't big but I threw his name out if they plan on doing a major change with the roster. Calvert might be 1 of few players that teams would want from Columbus at the deadline because his contract his short and cheap. Plus he could be one of those unsung heroes for a playoff team.

Foligno and Ry-Jo are a great start to what could be a great offense but it's not enough skill for a playoff team. I can't even imagine how mad you guys must have gone waiting for grinders to get all your goals night after night. Stamkos has been a total no-show for about 9 games now, getting assists by association. It's driving us nuts now and turning us away from hjm.

IMO Jarmo's gotta find a way to roll the dice unless the Jackets win the lottery. Unless it's Matthews and Chychrun, I pray to God the Jackets trade out of their pick and get a legitimate 30x30 to go with Ry-Jo and Foligno.

Torts isn't gonna bring you guys anywhere when you're waiting on guys like Calvert and Jenner to regularly supply your offense.
Thing is, cap is a concern and they might not have any cap space to bring in a 30x30 guy. Sure guys like Bourque and hopefully Prout won't be back but their money will be used to sign players like Jenner and Murray. Then you also have RFA's like Karlsson(mind you, won't get a big raise) but his cap already is .925. Connauton is a RFA as well. If he doesn't get a qualifying offer, then use his money towards Karlsson. If he is back, his current cap is 0.683 but he is making .800 this year so add 10% raise on that to keep his rights plus whatever his agent is asking for on top of the 10% raise. Money is already tight amd I think a top 4 defensemen is more of a need then a 30x30 guy but we might not have any money for a top 4 defensemen. That all depends on what happens at the trade deadline/draft.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Yeah I think we can pin this loss on #41.

How was that one play not a penalty shot?

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Depressing to say the least. Wondering if this is the year they set the worst home record? We've gotta be on pace..

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
The only way to send a message is to stop giving your hard earned money to this dumpster fire. Get rid of your Nationwide insurance, don't buy any more tickets or jerseys. This is a compete embarrassment of a roster.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I don't care what Porty posted on Twitter, many nights the officials would have been quick to point to center ice when a player came in to cover the puck with the glove that blatantly. We got screwed.

I told myself I wasn't going to get pissed about this team anymore but damn tonight made me mad. I hate how we wait until the last 5 minutes to play with urgency. We play like that for 60, we score at least 3 times regardless of how good Bishop played. Korpisalo deserved a Win tonight and we did a great job screwing it up. Stayed for the 3 stars just so I could give the kid a cheer.

And yes, tomorrow will likely be an absolute Texas Massacre.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad