GDT: Game 32: Columbus vs. Tampa Bay | 12/14 7PM EST

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I just don't see a team that is coasting or not trying out there. If anything, I think they are trying too hard...gripping the sticks too tight or trying to make the perfect play with one too many passes. And I thought it was interesting that when they pulled Korpisalo and went 6v5, all six players on the ice for the first part of that shift were forwards with 41 and 13 on the blue line. Of course we need offense at that point, but I don't remember ever going with six F's at once? Seems to be a clear indication of what Torts thinks about the offensive capabilities of our D corps.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
I'll take the under here. I think he plays.

I agree after listening to Torts' post-game presser. Torts actually spoke pretty highly of Wennberg, even though he did acknowledge the two errors tonight that cost goals. Would be very surprised if he was scratched tomorrow (today).

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I had a blast at the game tonight!! I'm serious.

Sat down in row B in 116. Hadn't sat that close in a few years. Not much of a perspective on the ice on the other end , but I got a chance to see Wennberg's magic on the replays:laugh:

Thought that the guys played with good intensity. It's hard to gauge compete levels in the upper bowl, but on the glass, it's easier to measure. Also, Tampa seemed to pass with confidence while set up in the offensive zone while the Jackets were very tentative and attempted far too many low percentage passes.

Tampa is a huge team. The cheap programs don't list height and weight or stats anymore (hope the CBJs are saving a bundle on the ECHL quality programs:sarcasm:). Just checked their heights. Boyle 6'7". Bishop 6'7". Hedman 6'6". Sustr 6'7". Coburn 6'5". Blunden 6'4". Not a slow group either. If they hit like teams used to even 10 years ago, there would be a need for about 3 EMT crews at every game the Bolts played.

The Fat Lady has bellowed. I'm glad that I genuinely enjoy the game, because if the old quote of "winning isn't everything, it's the only thing" guided my hockey viewing, then my CBJ viewing would cease for the season. For the Jackets to reach 95 points, they'd need gain points at a 70% clip in their remaining 50 games to earn a playoff berth. And that just aint gonna happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad