GDT: Game 32 Bruins @ Oilers 12/12/13 9:30PM NESN

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
For those complaining about not seeing players like Soderberg or Spooner on the ice late, Julien said he shortened the bench due to several players fighting illness.

Johnson and Marchand didn't use it as an excuse afterward, but both referred to it obliquely. I think that illness has hit the Bruins a lot harder than they've let on.

Gutsy win, in more ways than one.

acr*

Loui Eriksson fell into the Springfield Mystery Spot
Well Mr. Clode had done it
The Boston Bruins won it
Brad Marchand clucking all the while
Chris Kelly's tragic illness made us smile
While Loui lay unconscious on the parquet tile
We're talkin' hockey
Maine to San Diego
Talkin' Hockey
Paille and Greg Campbell
Seidenberg's grotesquely swollen jaw
Shawn Thornton and his run-in with the law
We're talking Dougieeee, Bergy, and Caron

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
The Boston Bruins won it
We're talkin' hockey
Maine to San Diego
Talkin' Hockey
Paille and Greg Campbell

/internet

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The Boston Bruins won it
We're talkin' hockey
Maine to San Diego
Talkin' Hockey
Paille and Greg Campbell

My god.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
That was such a bad game. Credit to the guys for hanging on with a lot of injuries/illnesses, but, a few standouts aside, that was a pretty awful display. On to Vancouver.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
BbVzlDSIYAAhJxA.jpg

Don't know if it got bigger.

Took me a few seconds to see it (I'm half asleep). Then I saw it and almost yelled out "Holy ****!"at work.

That looks painful.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
oiler fan here, just wanted to get some opinion from you guys, as obviously you guys are one of the elite teams in the NHL, and i would really value your thoughts.

what do you guys think needs to happen for us to get out of this never ending rebuild, and to finally get out of the NHL basement? i.e. if you are GM of the oilers what changes would you make or not make?

Goaltending (elite goaltending is hard to find but you need somebody better than what you have).

Defense-the defense is full of breakdowns and a lot of the forwards give up on the backcheck and tend to not get engaged much at the defensive end of the ice.

If I were the Oilers GM-I would trade one of the talented young forwards for a talented top tier defenseman and try to draft or acquire another one. But then maybe the defense is better than it looks and needs better coaching.

Not sure-I found myself biting my nails when the Oilers were in our defensive and or used their speed to push past the defense. Very talented corps of skaters and shooters but those forwards need to use their speed to play D in their own end.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
My god-Seids finished that game with his jaw swollen like a baseball? Only hockey players do that.

I hope it isn't broken.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Stop with your ********, factually incorrect agenda against Loui Eriksson. It isn't cute and it isn't accurate.

the bruins were bad without eriksson in october, but I dont think it was because he was out.

The guy just isnt missed right now.
I actually think this team with miss kelly more than eriksson this next month.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
the bruins were bad without eriksson in october, but I dont think it was because he was out.

The guy just isnt missed right now.
I actually think this team with miss kelly more than eriksson this next month.

Just like the team didn't miss Rask yesterday?

That's what happens with great team.

Hopefully, Loui has a great playoffs so all his haters find the Cup run less enjoyable...

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006
The Boston Bruins won it
We're talkin' hockey
Maine to San Diego
Talkin' Hockey
Paille and Greg Campbell

Sign off and make this your last post. You win the internet.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
The Boston Bruins won it
We're talkin' hockey
Maine to San Diego
Talkin' Hockey
Paille and Greg Campbell

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Yep. Really pisses me off seeing it from our own fans.
I'd say about 90% of the posts immediately after he got the 2nd concussion were either rolling their eyes at him being out again or using it to continue to whine about the Seguin trade. Barely anyone demonstrated any concern about him. Pretty ashamed to see one of our players treated so poorly by some of our own fans.

Also these last 2 games have been pretty atrocious for the majority of it. We don't get a win out of them against probably 3/4 of the league.

Sad thing is, it seems to be new. Like Crosby we're regressing. When Wheeler and Wideman were around people weren't reveling in their injuries.
Maybe it's just selective memory.

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
The Boston Bruins won it
We're talkin' hockey
Maine to San Diego
Talkin' Hockey
Paille and Greg Campbell
:handclap::handclap:
You pretty much need to last least change your name and avatar if you want to continue posting... Otherwise you'll always be the poster that was...

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
oiler fan here, just wanted to get some opinion from you guys, as obviously you guys are one of the elite teams in the NHL, and i would really value your thoughts.

what do you guys think needs to happen for us to get out of this never ending rebuild, and to finally get out of the NHL basement? i.e. if you are GM of the oilers what changes would you make or not make?

You have some great forwards but you may have to give one or two up in order to get an elite goaltender and at least one elite shut down defenseman [no you can't have Rask or Chara lol]. Either that or the team will have to break the bank to sign them. Otherwise the Oil will remain mired in suckage.

I don't know why the GM hasn't been fired- all he knows how to do is tank for the lottery pick :shakehead

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I think its quite simple, get a reliable goalie and trade one of the stud forwards for a big, young shutdown dman

Doesn't have to be young. In fact, they should forget about getting younger and go for two dmen in their prime.

The Oilers biggest need is a number 1 dman followed by a top pairing shutdown dman. After that, a better coach. I think Dubnyk will be fine with a better defensive structure around him. A lot of the Oilers forwards cheat on D and don't support in their own zone. Passing lanes are like freeways.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
thank you to all bruins fans for the insight.

I wanna say that i do agree we need to trade one forward and i believe that one to be Eberle...which i hate to say but he would bring back the biggest return while being the "easiest" to lose. Also to BMC, our GM did get fired (tambellini) this year we have a new gm he's currently in his first year, but has not been able to make drastic changes (although he did get perron)

hooked

Jul 6, 2005

Your team is in desperate need of a Jordan Caron.

Seriously, G and D.

Easier said than done but in the 2012 draft 8 of the top 10 picks were D. It wasn't as though the choice was Yakupov or trash. Picture Ryan Murray developing with RNH and Hall. Love Ference but he can't be on your top pair.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Yeah, i shook my head when the Oilers drafted Yakupov, not because i thought he was going to turn into a bust, but because it wasn't the best use of the pick. I don't know if they talked to any of the teams drafting 5-10 about moving down and picking up an extra pick or a veteran or not, which would have been my play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad