GDT: Game 32 Bruins @ Oilers 12/12/13 9:30PM NESN

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
oiler fan here, just wanted to get some opinion from you guys, as obviously you guys are one of the elite teams in the NHL, and i would really value your thoughts.

what do you guys think needs to happen for us to get out of this never ending rebuild, and to finally get out of the NHL basement? i.e. if you are GM of the oilers what changes would you make or not make?

Stop relying so much on the kids. I'd trade one of them and get a nice return that way to start. Of course, I'm a Bruins fan so I'm used to seeing my team trade our most skilled forwards. :laugh:

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Tambo doing absolutely nothing for years to proactively make his NHL team better certainly didn't help the Oilers. I get tanking for a high pick or two and rebuilding but that guy literally did nothing but draft first overall. Is MacT gonna do a better job I have no idea, I didn't love the Smid trade but we'll see. Dallas Eakins bugs the hell out of me but I still think he might be a good NHL coach.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
The fact that a select group of people are rooting for him to fail is absolutely mind blowing. It's great we're on a 4 game winning streak, but why do you use that against your second line rw who's concussed? Are they happy he's hurt?

Absolutely idiotic.

I don't understand why anyone pays attention to dink posters. Put them on Ignore and be done with them.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
As an oilers fan I have so much respect for the Bruins. Not a team with a bunch of flashy players who score pretty goals, just a bunch of hardworking physical winners, a team the oilers need to model themselves after.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
The fact that a select group of people are rooting for him to fail is absolutely mind blowing. It's great we're on a 4 game winning streak, but why do you use that against your second line rw who's concussed? Are they happy he's hurt?

Absolutely idiotic.

Yep. Really pisses me off seeing it from our own fans.
I'd say about 90% of the posts immediately after he got the 2nd concussion were either rolling their eyes at him being out again or using it to continue to whine about the Seguin trade. Barely anyone demonstrated any concern about him. Pretty ashamed to see one of our players treated so poorly by some of our own fans.

Also these last 2 games have been pretty atrocious for the majority of it. We don't get a win out of them against probably 3/4 of the league.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
BbVzlDSIYAAhJxA.jpg

Don't know if it got bigger.

IrishBruin

Mar 17, 2011
Recife, Brasil
Well that was a tough one to watch. Wish they had of dominated throughout but a win's a win. Off to bed before the rest of the house gets up for work. Night Bruins fans

canoebears

Jul 11, 2007
salmon arm b,c,
oiler fan here, just wanted to get some opinion from you guys, as obviously you guys are one of the elite teams in the NHL, and i would really value your thoughts.

what do you guys think needs to happen for us to get out of this never ending rebuild, and to finally get out of the NHL basement? i.e. if you are GM of the oilers what changes would you make or not make?

I think its quite simple, get a reliable goalie and trade one of the stud forwards for a big, young shutdown dman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad