GDT: Game 32 Bruins @ Oilers 12/12/13 9:30PM NESN

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but the Bruins now have more wins in regulation/OT than any other team in the NHL.

And three of those wins have been with half the Providence team in the line up (okay not really but our bottom 6 is filled with kids from Providence right now).

Miller IMO is looking good-if he has to clear waivers going back down I think he may get taken.

Bruins are finding ways to win and IMO that is what makes a team elite verses just being a good one.

Hopefully the team will he over the flu by Saturday-Canucks have been playing fairly well and even with struggles they are better than the Flames and Oilers.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I was really surprised at how quickly the Oilers move the puck (not just speed, but how quickly they move the puck to each other). Eberle, Hall, RNH are obviously great at it, but the entire team is really good in transition and working it around in the o-zone. The amount of times they turn it over in their own zone or fold on a strong forecheck is pretty ridiculous though.

member 96824

Yeah, i shook my head when the Oilers drafted Yakupov, not because i thought he was going to turn into a bust, but because it wasn't the best use of the pick. I don't know if they talked to any of the teams drafting 5-10 about moving down and picking up an extra pick or a veteran or not, which would have been my play.

It's truly umbelievable because that draft was stacked with D.

Murray, Reinhart, Rielly, Lindholm, Dumba, Pouliot, Trouba, Koekkoek all in the top 10.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Doesn't have to be young. In fact, they should forget about getting younger and go for two dmen in their prime.

The Oilers biggest need is a number 1 dman followed by a top pairing shutdown dman. After that, a better coach. I think Dubnyk will be fine with a better defensive structure around him. A lot of the Oilers forwards cheat on D and don't support in their own zone. Passing lanes are like freeways.

This.

Personally I keep Larsen as a bottom pairing guy, Ference as your veteran presence. Aside from them the defense needs to change. Schultz you can maybe keep, if you stick him with a shutdown dman, or he learns to play defense better...then you're right, they need two prime dmen. Might be hard to find, but with their pieces on offense they should be able to get it done.

Manny*

12/12/13
EDM-BOS
(Even-strength, close-score) zone entries:

BbZKESPCAAAF4rL.jpg

SA are shot attempts generated from either type of entry. WZER is Weighted Zone Entry Rating.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I only watched the first period last night....but this team continues to win with a depleted & injured line-up...hope they crush the canucks....but it has been a very good week for them IMHO !!

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
Well Mr. Clode had done it
The Boston Bruins won it
Brad Marchand clucking all the while
Chris Kelly's tragic illness made us smile
While Loui lay unconscious on the parquet tile
We're talkin' hockey
Maine to San Diego
Talkin' Hockey
Paille and Greg Campbell
Seidenberg's grotesquely swollen jaw
Shawn Thornton and his run-in with the law
We're talking Dougieeee, Bergy, and Caron

Barney - And I say Sweden's greatest defenseman is Nik Hjalmarsson!
Loui - Alex Edler!
Barney - NIK HJALMARSSON!!!
Loui - ALEX EDLER!!!
Barney - Okay, you asked for it Eriksson!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad