GDT: Game #32 - Anaheim at BRUINS 12/15 7:00 PM | NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I wouldn't mind that.

Randell had more goals (6) in 27 games last season than Belesky, Nash, Acciari, Hayes, Blidh, Kuraly, and Heinen have (4) combined in FOUR TIMES the man-games (114) this year.

But can't find his way into this lousy forward group. Even up against a group like Anaheim.

Blidh, Acciari and Randell should be in tonight. Hayes gone, Nash sitting.

No reason Randell isn't up on this team, he's Brett Hull compared to some of the forwards on this team.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Blidh, Acciari and Randell should be in tonight. Hayes gone, Nash sitting.

No reason Randell isn't up on this team, he's Brett Hull compared to some of the forwards on this team.

This organization wouldn't know what to do with Brett Hull, wasn't a good penalty killer.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
People need to get off the Randell wagon. He scored 6 goals on 18 shots. He looked mediocre in the games he was up except for the 6 shifts where he scored. He's not the answer. He threw only about 1 hit per game too. He's Shawn Thornton in the hitting department, not very good for his role.

That being said, anyone is better than Hayes.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
People need to get off the Randell wagon. He scored 6 goals on 18 shots. He looked mediocre in the games he was up except for the 6 shifts where he scored. He's not the answer. He threw only about 1 hit per game too. He's Shawn Thornton in the hitting department, not very good for his role.

Just looking at Randell as a goal scorer and extrapolating his ice time and games played vs Hayes' ice time and games played, and putting Randell at a normal shooting percentage he would still have averaged 10-11 goals vs Lil Jimmy's 2 goals over the same time, while Nash may bring a much better defensive game his offense is also comparable.

You are correct that his hitting is not where it should be for a fourth line energy/enforcer/grinder but that is his weak spot and goes back to his skating. For his limited ice time I still look at his NHL time vs some of the other current forwards and would take him on this team over a few in the bottom 6, especially against teams like Montreal, Anaheim, LA and Columbus.

Not saying he is a solution to the scoring problems at forward but he is a solution to the fourth line RW issue.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Yup hear Claude say this all the time. :shakehead

"back to back" and "mentality tired" was what he said last time after the Avs game.

you can go back and listen to the interview if you want

I guess since it's back to back, we should just expect that again.

but hoping for the best and no Hayes plz

Would love to see Bergeron score

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
I said it before someone needed to help Randell with his skating. He shown he can score which is rare but is a bit slow of foot and awereness. Those can be taught if the investment is worth it. He may have been passed bye on the depth chart and in claudes view. What about some of the bigger guys in the AHL, Hickman, Cave, Hargrove on Dee Grant, O'Gara

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Anyone know what Randell is doing this season?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
You want the Bruins fans to boo one of their own players. Very classy.

Did I say I wanted that?

I asked how long until it starts to happen? Its bound to. People go to the games follow this team at some level.. They see this plug in the lineup night in and night out doing jack. Alcohol gets flowing. You know the drill.

Stay classy, San Diego.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
Did I say I wanted that?

I asked how long until it starts to happen? Its bound to. People go to the games follow this team at some level.. They see this plug in the lineup night in and night out doing jack. Alcohol gets flowing. You know the drill.

I can't imagine that happening. Has it ever? I've heard mock cheering for simple plays when even the simplest plays seem to have eluded the team. I've heard the team get raspberries from the crowd for horrible play. I don't know that I've ever heard a single player get it. I'm not saying it's never happened. I'm saying I don't remember it.

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
I can't imagine that happening. Has it ever? I've heard mock cheering for simple plays when even the simplest plays seem to have eluded the team. I've heard the team get raspberries from the crowd for horrible play. I don't know that I've ever heard a single player get it. I'm not saying it's never happened. I'm saying I don't remember it.

Dennis Wideman :laugh:

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Randell's confidence is probably shot knowing that he sat half the season last year despite being better, and more productive than the entire 4th line we had. That said, i would like to see the Bruins add Reaves. He hits like a truck and is a damn good fighter.

Oh well, time to tune in and watch the Jimmy Hayes of the world go out, do nothing and collect some cash.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I think most of us promote Randell not because he's the answer, or that we love the player, but because the absolute, total lack of offense the group I mentioned above has given this team thus far. It's absolutely pathetic. 4 goals in 114 man-games. Holy sweet merciful that is bad.

Our promotion of Randell is more of an indictment of that sad sorry group of forwards than it is thinking Randell is going to be some sort of answer.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012

Wideman and he was at least an NHL caliber player.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Is it considered appropriate to serve duck during the holidays? Hope so. Sure some fans would be willing to have the players grab a couple for them to pluck.

Another tough game. Back to back so dig deep to find that edge.

Let's Go Bruins!

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I think most of us promote Randell not because he's the answer, or that we love the player, but because the absolute, total lack of offense the group I mentioned above has given this team thus far. It's absolutely pathetic. 4 goals in 114 man-games. Holy sweet merciful that is bad.

Our promotion of Randell is more of an indictment of that sad sorry group of forwards than it is thinking Randell is going to be some sort of answer.

You love to hate on Riley Nash, but you think that Randell, who hasn't scored in the AHL this season, is a viable option? People are delusional if they think he is better option than any current Bruin, besides MAYBE Jimmy Hayes, even then though....

Enough negativity in this thread though, let's keep it positive and hope for a solid game by the B's!!!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You love to hate on Riley Nash, but you think that Randell, who hasn't scored in the AHL this season, is a viable option? People are delusional if they think he is better option than any current Bruin, besides MAYBE Jimmy Hayes, even then though....

Enough negativity in this thread though, let's keep it positive and hope for a solid game by the B's!!!

I ran through a whole list of players, and didn't single out Nash in my OP.

But I will continue to call out the garbage hockey players dragging down this team, and that includes Zero-zone Nash.

But back to a more postive topic like you said.

Who is starting tonight?

If it's Khudobin here's to him having a strong performance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad