GDT: Game 31: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 3/20/21 7:00pm EST CBC, TVAS, SN1, CITY, TSN 690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
93b73e7eb3.jpg

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I’ve been saying mete has to stay in. He played 2 years ago at 20 years old on a 96 point Habs team. He can score much but his speed is effective and helps keep the flow of the game in Habs favour. People forget he’s 22 years old as well. Reason I want mete in is why I like lehky in the game as well. Hard worker good pker can chip in a few goals. And his speed keeps the flow of the game in Habs favour. We have to many slow guys. Mete and lehky stay in my opinion

Mete has been good tonight. He needs to bring this kind of commitment every game. That board battle he won against Horvat was a prime example. He fronted him then used his low center of gravity to not get pushed away.

Too often he relies on stick checks, or watches while trying to zone guys out & doesn't use his body. He showed tonight that he can be physically engaged. Both in battles in front of the net and on the boards.

It might never be a strength with him, but he can be a lot better at it than he has been. Being physical is exhausting work, but he needs to do it if he wants to play full-time.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Mete has been good tonight. He needs to bring this kind of commitment every game. That board battle he won against Horvat was a prime example. He fronted him then used his low center of gravity to not get pushed away.

Too often he relies on stick checks, or watches while trying to zone guys out & doesn't use his body. He showed tonight that he can be physically engaged. Both in battles in front of the net and on the boards.

It might never be a strength with him, but he can be a lot better at it than he has been. Being physical is exhausting work, but he needs to do it if he wants to play full-time.

He looks good when the neutral zone opens up. That's when you see his biggest asset shine.

I'm not sure if his game would be well suited against teams like Ottawa, and Calgary though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad