GDT: Game 31: Toronto @ St Louis | 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
^^^ yes... grandmother. the tweet above is referring to John Tavares's uncle who is also named John Tavares.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Tonight is a sim forward auto loss, I'm afraid. Won't be any less painful and disappointing knowing ahead of time, but I don't think this team has a chance.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs really need a win here.

Can't say I'm having any real warm and fuzzy feelings of success here as this is the current Cup winner and playing as a top 5 overall team.

Really need the big boys to light up the scoreboard and contribute significantly.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I think in the end we will easily make the playoffs in our division. It was supposed to be a good division but outside of Boston, every team is varying levels of shit this year. All we have to do is be the least or second least shittiest team from here on out and we are in.

Florida gets shit goaltending, Montreal is terrible too and has no offense on most nights and Price isn't that good most nights either, Buffalo only shows up against us and plays like the crap they are against all the other teams. Ottawa and Detroit don't matter.

Tampa is likely going to be 2nd in the division and we'll be third. I am sure we'll go on a hot streak soon and by the end of January we'll be above a 75% chance to make the playoffs.

The doom and gloom likely comes from watching the wild card spots...the Metro is way better than the Atlantic. The 3rd spot in the Atlantic will definitely have fewer points than likely both wild card spots.

ratbid

Feb 18, 2012
Hey, just wondering if it's known yet if Tavares is playing tonight or taking time with his family?

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Wow, the Blues are missing Tarasenko & Steen to injury, and yet they still keep on winning. I wish I knew how that felt. Now that we've finally got our top 4 all playing, let's start putting together some wins and starting against the Blues (in their barn) is a great statement game.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Aberg gets a chance to bring his hot offensive hands (good start in the AHL) to the top line. If that doesn't click early, we'll probably see Soup or Engvall get a shot on that line. Whoever helps that line go will stay on it.

Also I'm liking the chances of Liljegren replacing Ceci at some point in the before the trade deadline.

Reactions: stickty111

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
You don't like to see players hurt but Johnsson has been useless this season. I'd rather not see Aberg there but something different for Matthews and Nylander can possibly help them get out of their slump.
Johnsson and Kapanen are 2 of the players we can trade to balance the roster a bit.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
You don't like to see players hurt but Johnsson has been useless this season. I'd rather not see Aberg there but something different for Matthews and Nylander can possibly help them get out of their slump.
He was clearly the worst player on the line, but he wasn't useless. I also don't see any better options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad