HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Individual 5v5 shot attempt leaders on the Maple Leafs this season:

Auston Matthews - 133
Morgan Rielly - 128
Tyson Barrie - 127
Jake Muzzin - 115

If three of your defensemen have 24% of your team's total shot attempts, you have a problem.

Should be spend more money on better forwards ?
:sarcasm:

Reactions: bikemike66

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yeah, the problem was Babcock thinking that the best strategy when you have the most talented offensive core in the league is endlessly passing back to the point for muffin shots on net.
Doesn’t seem to have stopped at all under Keefe. That’s what happens when your forwards won’t go to the net, perimeter back to the D. Still same thing.

Reactions: BayStBullies

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Doesn’t seem to have stopped at all under Keefe. That’s what happens when your forwards won’t go to the net, perimeter back to the D. Still same thing.
I disagree, and that's clearly not the strategy Keefe wants. It's obviously not going to be an instant 180, but our forwards are holding the puck and using each other a lot more. We've gotten a lot more slot chances. I'm pretty sure the numbers support that; somebody posted some during one of the last game threads.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I disagree. It's obviously not going to be an instant 180, but our forwards are holding the puck and using each other a lot more. I'm pretty sure the numbers support that; somebody posted some during one of the last game threads.
Reilly had 6 shots last game, isn’t even on the first PP, Barrie 5 game prior.

I still see lots of shots from the point, again we curl away to the soft areas and back to the point.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017

Yeah but our mayne Tavvy gon murda that ass tonight mayne. Treal hard. He bout that money. We gon WIN tonight big tyme. They gon show everythang they got. On the pp, on the pk and on the goaltending appartment. Mayne we gon get those TWO POINTS HARD! We already got it down! 2-5 is my thang on the result, invest hard!!!! :pump:

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
If I recall correctly the Leafs have had a shitty record in St Louis for the better part of the last two decades.

And given how they've played recently...

giphy.gif

ICBM

Apr 8, 2009
When I see reilly-barrie tandem, I remember 90's and Liverpool FC coached buy Roy Evans. In his last game as a coach he started with just 2 dmen and substituted one of them with forward during the game. I sense same level of desperation here. But those days were fun, football was still watchable.

Last edited:
Reactions: dubplatepressure

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Reilly had 6 shots last game, isn’t even on the first PP, Barrie 5 game prior.

I still see lots of shots from the point, again we curl away to the soft areas and back to the point.
At least 2 of those Rielly shots last game were him pushing up ice and getting good closer scoring chances. Pretty much all of the D shots while Babcock was here were soft wristers from the point.

The stats were actually posted in the pre-game thread by Nithoniniel:

"Under Mike Babcock for 23 games this season, the Leafs produced the 26th-most inner slot shots on net in the league with 97. Under Sheldon Keefe for seven games they have produced a league-high 51.

The Leafs were 11th in completed passes to the slot with 222 before the coaching change, and since then they lead the league with 102."

TBN-9-Leafs.png

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
If I recall correctly the Leafs have had a ****ty record in St Louis for the better part of the last two decades.

And given how they've played recently...

giphy.gif
I remember one Saturday not sure how long ago it was but the leafs blew like a 5-1 lead against the blues.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad