GDT: Game 31: Sharks @ Avalanche - Not An Emergency Thread (Unless We Lose) - 6PM

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Cogs is a monster, I don't know how you play like he does in a 4th line role and have as many games played as he does.

It's nuts, and he's a pretty unique 4th liner

Dude is getting older though. This might need to be his last year. I bet he'll be special in the playoffs if they can keep him healthy though.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Saw last 2 mins of the gm. Eez better arriving at the end of All the Small Things instead of a wake.

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Regarding RyJo, I’m happy he scored because I want all of our players to succeed, but he’s done nothing outside of scoring goals. I only noticed him twice tonight, his goal a turnover in the d-zone. I’m not generally negative, but RyJo just hasn’t done enough to make a positive impact out there. Seems Bednar feels the same too since RyJo has been centering the bottom 6 mainly and is getting 3rd line ice time.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Regarding RyJo, I’m happy he scored because I want all of our players to succeed, but he’s done nothing outside of scoring goals. I only noticed him twice tonight, his goal a turnover in the d-zone. I’m not generally negative, but RyJo just hasn’t done enough to make a positive impact out there. Seems Bednar feels the same too since RyJo has been centering the bottom 6 mainly and is getting 3rd line ice time.

Overload and get the lead, then try to hang on rotating the rest in seems to be the strategy. Actually works great against bad teams.

Less so against good teams. We're a f***in mirage this year unless that 2C slot gets fixed. It's crazy, you fix that this team is money.

Everything but Ryjo has actually worked well, no crazy standouts but they're fitting into the system and having an impact.

We could have had Ryjo work and had some failures, but they're not doing shit until the 2C is fixed. Again..

f***in dej a vu lol

Reactions: missionAvs

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I've got to say, Drouin is actually really fitting in here. We all worried that he would be really incompatible with Bednar because of his defensive deficiencies, but he is skating his ass off and working hard on the other side of the puck. You'd like to see more raw offensive production from him but he is at least playing Bednar's way.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I've got to say, Drouin is actually really fitting in here. We all worried that he would be really incompatible with Bednar because of his defensive deficiencies, but he is skating his ass off and working hard on the other side of the puck. You'd like to see more raw offensive production from him but he is at least playing Bednar's way.

He is, looks committed defensively, and just makes unreal passes here and there that result in goals.

He's looked good now with Mack, without, and playing in the bottom six. It's kind of impressive how he can play anywhere and is just consistently contributing on both sides.

If you dial in on him, it's interesting to watch.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Cogs is a monster, I don't know how you play like he does in a 4th line role and have as many games played as he does.

Dude is getting older though. This might need to be his last year. I bet he'll be special in the playoffs if they can keep him healthy though.

He can hang out on Helms viranda and share war stories

Reactions: John Mandalorian

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Even then the productions really coming around. Hoping it becomes a bit more consistent than it has been.

Kid night was f***ing adorable. That is all
I agree. It's fine 1 game a year and I think it's hilarious.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

Sorry it’s still a silver medal behind Kurtis MacDermid for me.

IMG_6857.jpeg

The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo
On that contract? Hard pass. Even if there’s retention, the term is atrocious.
Term needs to stop being such a boogeyman around here. If they can finally find the right guy for the job for the right price, term should be the last thing on their minds. The focus should be about the window, the now. Who cares about some garbage years during the inevitable rebuild?

Reactions: McMetal

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Term needs to stop being such a boogeyman around here. If they can finally find the right guy for the job for the right price, term should be the last thing on their minds. The focus should be about the window, the now. Who cares about some garbage years during the inevitable rebuild?
He’s seen as an elite goal scorer but only has 2 of 10 seasons netting 30+ goals. Throwing him a 8 year deal for 8mill when he’s already 30 is the sharks trying to have a bright spot in the lineup.

Term isn’t the boogeyman, that contract just sucks.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
After a tough opening 10 games, he's been scoring at a 47 point pace in the following 19 games.

For 850k you take that alllllll day.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

Lives and breathes hockey. It’s easy to say that but he’s the epitome of it. Has always been like that. He feels blessed to take every single shift in a National Hockey League game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad