GDT: GAME #31 - Saving Pvt. Hansen ("Reach the Beach") - Canucks @ Kings - 1:00 p.m., SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
If LA has the momentum, what do you think AV can do to change that? Sure he can shuffle the lines and tell the players what he wants, but ultimately it's up to the players to make it happen on the ice.

It's much smarter for AV to keep the Canucks playing safe when LA is turning up the heat at home, rather than tell the players to take risks in an attempt to score another goal.

But AV plays safe even when LA isn't bringing it. It's scared hockey.

Big Naissak

4 8 15 16 23 42
Mar 28, 2012
Edmonton, Canucks.
Barker was garbage down in the ahl and hasn't been that bad up here in his limited time. Connauton is much faster then barker as well and has about an equal shot, I'm sure Connauton is more physical then Barker as well.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
When I watched a few wolves games this year, connauton looks like he was great at rushing the puck and had lots of speed, could that not help the pp/5v5 breakouts allowing for him to be of more use then a Barker or a ahlberts?

tell me why I'm wrong Tiranis.

Considering they've had trouble with zone entries at the farm the whole year, you likely have a case of selective memory. Connauton's main asset is his big shot. He's below average defensively and he's merely average offensively. His first pass is also at best average, even by AHL standards.

Considering Canucks play even the worst of our D for about 12-13 ES minutes a night, Connauton is simply not a fit. He could easily cost this team a goal or two if he were given that much ES ice-time. Or you're double-shifting other guys which is not ideal either since it's more likely to cause injuries.

That's ignoring that we have to send someone down to fit him in and risk losing them.

CalgaryNuck

Jun 30, 2012
Considering they've had trouble with zone entries at the farm the whole year, you likely have a case of selective memory. Connauton's main asset is his big shot. He's below average defensively and he's merely average offensively. His first pass is also at best average, even by AHL standards.

Considering Canucks play even the worst of our D for about 12-13 ES minutes a night, Connauton is simply not a fit. He could easily cost this team a goal or two if he were given that much ES ice-time. Or you're double-shifting other guys which is not ideal either since it's more likely to cause injuries.

That's ignoring that we have to send someone down to fit him in and risk losing them.

never thought of that, good point. we certainly can't afford to lose anyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad