GDT: Game 31: Columbus vs. NY Islanders | 12/12 7PM EST

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think the Jackets deserved better. Just enough bad things happened to cost them the extra point.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Alright, it's been over a month and we are still tied for the fewest points in the NHL. Clearly Tortorella is not as good as I thought he was going to be. Why do you think he got fired from Vancouver after one year?

Because he's not that good of a coach. He had 2 good years (2004 and 2012) and that was it. Columbus made a mistake hiring him.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Alright, it's been over a month and we are still tied for the fewest points in the NHL. Clearly Tortorella is not as good as I thought he was going to be. Why do you think he got fired from Vancouver after one year?

Because he's not that good of a coach. He had 2 good years (2004 and 2012) and that was it. Columbus made a mistake hiring him.

Nice. Here we go (again)

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus

This team is so much better than when he was hired. It still is littered with garbage players though. And when he was hired we weren't tied for anything.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

His record is 11-10-3. After an 0-7 start with XHCTR. I think he is making progress. I think you are wrong.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm sorry I just had a rough day is all. This has been a season of disappointment to me after our amazing run to end last year.

All good. Most of us fell victim to it too. I know I did. But looking at the positives, now we know never to believe it again when they inevitably go on another late season tear to ruin their draft pick.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Like I said. Before Torts we couldnt even force it to OT now we're *****ing about losing in a close, hard fought game.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This team is so much better than when he was hired. It still is littered with garbage players though. And when he was hired we weren't tied for anything.

We have too many big money players not earning their paycheck. In fact, I can only think of three, maybe four, players that ARE earning it. Bottom line, we've only had ONE good GM on our payroll for this franchise's entire existence. And his name is Craig Patrick.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Just got home.. not a terrible time but certainly disappointing..

Call me crazy but the review was entirely too long - and I didn't see enough evidence to overturn. Just too close, especially when it was ruled a goal on the ice.

Regardless, no excuse for OT lapse.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
We have too many big money players not earning their paycheck. In fact, I can only think of three, maybe four, players that ARE earning it. Bottom line, we've only had ONE good GM on our payroll for this franchise's entire existence. And his name is Craig Patrick.

Wonder why no one ever brings this up. He certainly put Howson in a good position. Wasn't there a rumor that the league suggest we bring him on?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad