Post-Game Talk: Game 31: Canucks 0 - 4 BLACKHAWKS | Kane's Streak Continues. Crow with another SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Rasmussen is a nice addition, solves the 3rd C dilemma. Now they can keep that 1st line together to build chemistry. Bickell looks like a guy who doesn't want to go back to the A.

Gotta like the forward group right now. Defense does have it's weak links (Rundblad :facepalm:) but TvR is decent and they've won cups before by basically riding that big 3 and giving the 3rd pair very limited minutes. If Q manages their minutes right before the playoffs, assuming the Hawks are a lock to get in at that point, there's no reason why they wouldn't contend again.

KA Olimb

Dec 11, 2015
Corey Crawford is god.

Mashinter is still terrible... but that one goal probably guarantees he's never leaving.

All he has to do is win board battles, make simple plays and not screw up (and hopefully be more of a physical presence when needed). He wasn't very noticeable which is a good thing. He's not playing 5-10 minutes a night on the 4th line to out-Kane people.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
the more I think about it, the more I'd rather have Mashinter play that 5-8 than Dano. Rather have Dano playing big minutes.

its gonna be Mashinter/Garbutt swapping games....for the love of god Q don't change these lines....

86-19-81
72-15-88
29-70-65

let them build chemistry

and keep 2-57, 4-7 and 6-5/32

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Troy & Judd just interviewed Bicks on post game show, sure is a classy dude.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...1st line had problems in our zone trying g to defend against Sedins...TT was OK. .but Toews and Hossa were chasing....certainly not dominating ...Hossa in particular not very good...slow to loose pucks and not good no the walls...Toews meh...2nd line was great ...creating g numerous chances and o-zone time...3rd line had some really good shifts and Rasmussen was very impressive 2 -ways and he looms to be a reliable 3C. ..like the size ,work ethic and play to the net..
With Shaw also playing with mission again and even Bickell start g to get some shots off ,it looks like the 3rd line has solidified...4th line 5x5 was OK ...but both Toews and Kruger kept losing g jey faceoff on the PK even though they won faceoff in 5x5 play ..and that was troubling as we lost too many PK possessions of the bat.

The play of line #1 still mystified. .I think TT is playing OK but Toews is not getting much offense done...and Hossa is a problem...He cannot do what he 9ne did in his you her days and really when average NHLERS now get to pucks ahead of him and when he cannot make clears and of course when he can no longer score much..it is a drag to the so-called top line...But what else can we do ?There is no one else to move up who can impact I that spot..and so that us why scoring from line #3 is going to be so important if we are to contend.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
Crow an absolute monster the last 4 games he's played. Holy cow. Loved the contribution from top to bottom tonight. Let's hope the guys can keep the pedal to the metal. Things be heatin' up.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
thought we played an all around great game and crow was excellent.

to nitpick

1. Our entries on the PP continue to not be that great.

2. Pk didn't concede a goal but was a little rough.

3. Toews does not look dangerous with the puck at all ever lately.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Wow, didn't realize but Hawks are now second in the division thanks to the Blues losing to the Avs.

Why does Minnesota have so few games played compared to the rest of the Central?!? Ugh.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Wow, didn't realize but Hawks are now second in the division thanks to the Blues losing to the Avs.

Why does Minnesota have so few games played compared to the rest of the Central?!? Ugh.

Ya the hawks have been creeping up the standings and the press and blues have been falling....

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
W.but both Toews and Kruger kept losing g jey faceoff on the PK even though they won faceoff in 5x5 play ..and that was troubling as we lost too many PK possessions of the bat.

They won a combined 23 face offs and lost but 8, so your eyes were likely deceiving you.

Chicago won 5/6 face-offs while short handed.

I'm sorry they lost that one for you.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Crawford's play of late isn't "cheap", either. Made a lot of strong saves and doesn't exactly have a lights out D core in front of him these days. He's earned it.

Is it just me or is he much more aggressive this season? I feel like he comes out much further and more often to challenge, and he's succeeding. If that has been said elsewhere, my apologies. Up until the last week or so I haven't seen very many full games this season so catching up a bit in some of my observations.

There's also little doubt in my mind that Panarin is a budding star. Just..wow.

galaxytrash

Mar 24, 2008
Thailand
Well...1st line had problems in our zone trying g to defend against Sedins...TT was OK. .but Toews and Hossa were chasing....certainly not dominating ...Hossa in particular not very good...slow to loose pucks and not good no the walls...Toews meh...2nd line was great ...creating g numerous chances and o-zone time...3rd line had some really good shifts and Rasmussen was very impressive 2 -ways and he looms to be a reliable 3C. ..like the size ,work ethic and play to the net..
With Shaw also playing with mission again and even Bickell start g to get some shots off ,it looks like the 3rd line has solidified...4th line 5x5 was OK ...but both Toews and Kruger kept losing g jey faceoff on the PK even though they won faceoff in 5x5 play ..and that was troubling as we lost too many PK possessions of the bat.

The play of line #1 still mystified. .I think TT is playing OK but Toews is not getting much offense done...and Hossa is a problem...He cannot do what he 9ne did in his you her days and really when average NHLERS now get to pucks ahead of him and when he cannot make clears and of course when he can no longer score much..it is a drag to the so-called top line...But what else can we do ?There is no one else to move up who can impact I that spot..and so that us why scoring from line #3 is going to be so important if we are to contend.

the sedins had nine points against us last game, i believe.

theyd better be chasing them.....!

come on fiddy....toews/hoss were at least partly responsible for shutting down 2 of the leagues top 12 scorers.

wouldnt hurt for you to suck it up and give them at least a bit of credit.

Last edited:

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
He's really aggressive when he's playing with confidence IMO. He'll sit back in his net alot more when he's unsure of himself/not playing well.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Crawford's play of late isn't "cheap", either. Made a lot of strong saves and doesn't exactly have a lights out D core in front of him these days. He's earned it.

Is it just me or is he much more aggressive this season? I feel like he comes out much further and more often to challenge, and he's succeeding. If that has been said elsewhere, my apologies. Up until the last week or so I haven't seen very many full games this season so catching up a bit in some of my observations.

There's also little doubt in my mind that Panarin is a budding star. Just..wow.

When he is playing with confidence, he is pretty aggressive.
When he has a few off games, he plays deeper in his net until he starts really feeling it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad