Post-Game Talk: Game 31: Canucks 0 - 4 BLACKHAWKS | Kane's Streak Continues. Crow with another SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Break up 72-15-88? Please no. It is not about Kane's streak. It is about how that line skates circles around their opponents every time they are on the ice and creates sustained pressure in the offensive zone. That line is so dangerous every time they are on the ice and is terrifying for fans of other teams to watch. I know none of the three scored a goal last night, but they did have a ton of grade A chances that they just didn't convert on. (They will find the back of the net if they keep up with those scoring chances).

I don't know why people are whining about the first line really; it's looked better lately with TT on it. I don't think the problem is Toews' linemates so much as it is Toews himself. I don't know what's up with him, be it fatigue or personal problems or whatever. Hopefully he will pick things up on his own but I don't think the solution is breaking up 72-15-88 in order to "get Toews going."

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Toews should be a lot better and it doesn't look like he is going to get the infusion he seems to need with TT on his wing. TT himself has shown flashes of brilliance (on occasion) lately but his game lacks consistency. I think both are a bit low in confidence right now and as has been said: any experiments by Q needs to happen sooner rather than later; and certainly shouldn't wait until the playoffs which Q has shown a tendency to do in the past. If it makes you feel any better, I doubt Q breaks up the 2nd line as long as the Kane streak is alive.

Seems to work.
Not saying I am against moving Panarin up and TT down..just saying.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Yeah. The numbers aren't really telling the truth when it comes to the PK. It's too passive for my liking, and too many failed clearing attempts last night. There is a saying that the goaltender is your most important PKer. CC made some nice positional saves on pucks I doubt he even saw.

We have struggled to clear the puck all year.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I just made the mistake of watching Q's post game interview which went quite well until the last question was asked - about Mashinter. Q liked the improvement in balance among the 4 lines so it looks like he will stick to what we saw. He also like the 3rd line's progress, but then he said with a straight face that he likes Mashinter's game. I see a player with a big body who has limited skill (to be polite). He can't use his size to his advantage because he typically arrives on the scene too late, and there's nothing else there that I have seen. This is John Scott all over again, and could actually be worse if that's possible. Has he even thrown a body check yet? Q is one of a kind, I tell ya.

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
I think this kane streak has helped knock the dust off of the hawks cup hangover they seem pretty juiced lately...

It also looks like that second line wont shoot until kane touches the puck first like they want to make sure he can get an assist at least...maybe thats just me but it seems that way.

hisgirlfriday

Jun 9, 2013
I think this kane streak has helped knock the dust off of the hawks cup hangover they seem pretty juiced lately...

It also looks like that second line wont shoot until kane touches the puck first like they want to make sure he can get an assist at least...maybe thats just me but it seems that way.

It has felt that way to me since about game 20 of the streak. maybe they will play looser after they got past the crosby milestone? that line still seems dangerous even as it seems like the guys are gripping sticks a little tight until kane gets a point on the board just with that added motivation.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I just made the mistake of watching Q's post game interview which went quite well until the last question was asked - about Mashinter. Q liked the improvement in balance among the 4 lines so it looks like he will stick to what we saw. He also like the 3rd line's progress, but then he said with a straight face that he likes Mashinter's game. I see a player with a big body who has limited skill (to be polite). He can't use his size to his advantage because he typically arrives on the scene too late, and there's nothing else there that I have seen. This is John Scott all over again, and could actually be worse if that's possible. Has he even thrown a body check yet? Q is one of a kind, I tell ya.

Mashinter is worse then Scott. At least with Scott the fear factor was there if you roughed up someone on the Hawks Scott and the jackhammer were coming out. There is no fear factor and no real talent with Mashinter. I have nothing against the kid, its just not something we need.

Thing is, I can't see him with the team long term. Eventually he will end up back in Rockford, certainly not a playoff guy.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Break up 72-15-88? Please no. It is not about Kane's streak. It is about how that line skates circles around their opponents every time they are on the ice and creates sustained pressure in the offensive zone. That line is so dangerous every time they are on the ice and is terrifying for fans of other teams to watch. I know none of the three scored a goal last night, but they did have a ton of grade A chances that they just didn't convert on. (They will find the back of the net if they keep up with those scoring chances).

I don't know why people are whining about the first line really; it's looked better lately with TT on it. I don't think the problem is Toews' linemates so much as it is Toews himself. I don't know what's up with him, be it fatigue or personal problems or whatever. Hopefully he will pick things up on his own but I don't think the solution is breaking up 72-15-88 in order to "get Toews going."

I was not whining about the current 1st line, it has improved with TT on it. What I said is I see Panarin eventually settling in on the top line and him and Kane getting split up. I can see Panarin producing a Kane type effect on that top line, he is a rare creator like Kane and could definitely spark that line while Kane still does his magic with TT and AA.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Am I the only person who has seen a change for the better in Shaw wuth Raz here?
Big part of it is Bickell I think. Shaw and Bicks are really good friends. Having Bicks on his line has to be a big motivator for him. He doesnt wanna see his buddy go back to RFD and his career die. Rassmussen has far exceeded my expectations though. He's playing really well. If he keeps this up, I really cant see him getting sent down. Need to keep this third line together. They were pretty darn noticeable last night.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Big part of it is Bickell I think. Shaw and Bicks are really good friends. Having Bicks on his line has to be a big motivator for him. He doesnt wanna see his buddy go back to RFD and his career die. Rassmussen has far exceeded my expectations though. He's playing really well. If he keeps this up, I really cant see him getting sent down. Need to keep this third line together. They were pretty darn noticeable last night.

Theories like this are so sophomoric. Shaw should be motivated because it's his job, because he wants to win championships, because he wants to cash in as a free agent...To theorize Shaw would be unmotivated by these factors but suddenly spring to life because he's worried about Bickell being demoted to Rockford is the opposite of compelling.

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Theories like this are so sophomoric. Shaw should be motivated because it's his job, because he wants to win championships, because he wants to cash in as a free agent...To theorize Shaw would be unmotivated by these factors but suddenly spring to life because he's worried about Bickell being demoted to Rockford is the opposite of compelling.

Not saying that's the only reason in the slightest. But all I can say is unless you've laced them up at a high level you dont really know what you're talking about as far as a "family bond" goes with guys you've gone to battle with and consider to be your family. Whether you realize it or not, it gives you an extra kick in the chops. You want you're brothers to be successful just as much as you want yourself to be successful. I just dont think its 100% coincidence that Shaw has been playing his best hockey since he got put with Bickell.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Not saying that's the only reason in the slightest. But all I can say is unless you've laced them up at a high level you dont really know what you're talking about as far as a "family bond" goes with guys you've gone to battle with and consider to be your family. Whether you realize it or not, it gives you an extra kick in the chops. You want you're brothers to be successful just as much as you want yourself to be successful. I just dont think its 100% coincidence that Shaw has been playing his best hockey since he got put with Bickell.

The appeal to authority is even less compelling.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Shaw has been playing his best hockey since he was put on a line where he actually fits. 3rd line RW. He isn't a 1st line LW, or a 4th line RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad