GDT: Game 30: Winnipeg Jets(20-9-1) @ Seattle Kraken(16-10-3) - 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nice win.

Sure would like to be in Buenos Aires right now, though.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Jets didn’t had much left in tank after a brutal schedule. Still great comeback after from the 2 pp goals against.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
To throw out some positive vibes…

Game 30, the Kraken win their 17th game and have a record of 17-10-3.

Last season… Game 56!!!!!!!! 17-34-5

The Kraken are going to have to lose 26 straight and only 2 in OT to be as dogshit as last season at 56 games. Things are definitely looking way up.

It wasn’t perfect, but the Jets are good and beating good teams is key, even if they are on the second of a back to back.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I missed most of the game...good to see Donato tied and McCann the man winning it...That losing streak was hard to take,glad the Kraken halted that nonsense

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Good win against a good team that was on a tough stretch in their schedule.

Grubauer was good again and we were able to get the win while working through some troubles during the game.

Next one will be on Tuesday against the Blues before we play the final game before the christmas break on Thursday in Vancouver.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Also….

Jared McCann! Anybody else not bummed about him being around for 5 years? Lol. Rad!
Most, if not all, of the McCann naysayers were on the main boards. People were questioning the sustainability of his goal-scoring pace last season when he ended up with 27 goals in 74 games, but he is on a higher pace this season.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Most, if not all, of the McCann naysayers were on the main boards. People were questioning the sustainability of his goal-scoring pace last season when he ended up with 27 goals in 74 games, but he is on a higher pace this season.
I was happy with the McCann pickup while not expecting this kind of production. Pickup of the expansion draft probably. I actually would have liked for the Pens to keep him. Wonder who the Kraken would have taken between him and Tanev if Pens didn't deal him. I think McCann.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
I was happy with the McCann pickup while not expecting this kind of production. Pickup of the expansion draft probably. I actually would have liked for the Pens to keep him. Wonder who the Kraken would have taken between him and Tanev if Pens didn't deal him. I think McCann.
There was a deal there. Kraken take the Tanev contract off Pens and get McCann to boot. I know McCann was dealt to the Leafs but that was all fluff

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
There was a deal there. Kraken take the Tanev contract off Pens and get McCann to boot. I know McCann was dealt to the Leafs but that was all fluff
Yes that is definitely true. My question purely was wondering which player the Kraken would have taken if not for the fluff. I believe it would have been McCann. Worked out great for the Kraken!

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Yes that is definitely true. My question purely was wondering which player the Kraken would have taken if not for the fluff. I believe it would have been McCann. Worked out great for the Kraken!
Yeah, I don't think there is any doubt it would have been McCann.

The only other player that they drafted in the expansion draft that was a legitimate NHL center at the time was Gourde, and he was rumored to be out for months.

Geekie was a prospect that projected as a center, and Blackwell and Jarnkrok could play center in a pinch, but McCann had solid metrics playing Center, and I think that made him a primary target.

Reactions: brewski420

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad