GDT: Game 30: Winnipeg Jets(20-9-1) @ Seattle Kraken(16-10-3) - 5:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 p.m. ET

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
After losing three out of four on their east coast road swing and five of the last six the Kraken are back home for two games.
Tonight they'll face the Winnipeg Jets who, despite missing important players, are near the top of the central division.
Last time around the Kraken lost 3-2 in OT against Winnipeg thanks to a bad penalty by Soucy that allowed the Jets to tie the game with only a couple of seconds left on the clock.

------------------------------------------------
Where?
Climate Pledge Arena, Seattle, WA
Exterior-Hero-Shot-1024x575.jpg

When?
05:00 p.m. PT / 8:00 pm. ET / 2:00 a.m. CET

How to watch?
ROOT-NW, TSN3
-------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Keys to the game

1) Play solid defensively

For some time the Kraken haven't looked like the team that played most of November and finished that month with a 10-1-1 record.
Because of that we've had good outings by Grubauer not bringing any results because he can't keep all of those high danger chances out of the net.

2) Penalty Kill, anyone???
Yep, here we go again.
Even though the team's usually able to play a solid defensive game, keep other teams to the outside and not allow too much as soon as they're on the penalty kill it seems like all of that goas out the window.
And as long as that's the case winning consistantly will be a tough thing to do.

3) Turnovers
The Kraken have fallen back into back habits of last season when it comes to turning over the puck and there are way too many occasions where the team doesn't clear the puck and turns it over.
That, for example, let to the first goal for the Canes on Thursday and puts way too much pressure(and minutes) on the defense .

-----------------------------------------------------------------

i

Top Scorers:
Andre Burakovsky: 10(G) - 17(A) ---> 27 points
Jordan Eberle: 7(G) - 17(A) ---> 24 points
Matty Beniers: 11(G) - 12(A) ---> 23 points

Work Load:
Adam Larsson: 23:53 TOI/Game
Vince Dunn: 23:45 TOI/Game
Alex Wennberg: 19:20 TOI/Game

Netminders:
giphy.gif

i

Top Scorers:
Kyle Connor: 13(G) - 21(A) ---> 34 points
Josh Morrissey: 5(G) - 29(A) ---> 34 points
Pierre-Luc Dubois: 14(G) - 19(A) ---> 33 points

Work Load:
Josh Morrissey: 23:24 TOI/Game
Neal Pionk: 21:38 TOI/Game
Mark Scheifele: 21:06 TOI/Game

Netminders:
Connor Hellebuyck: 16-7-1 / .928(SV%) / 2.33 GAA
David Rittich: 4-2-0 / .893(SV%) / 2.72 GAA
--------------------------------------------------

This will be an interesting one.
The Kraken will try to end their losing ways against one of the top teams of the western conference and will need to improve their game to do so.

The Jets are missing Wheeler, Schmidt, Ehlers etc. but have been abel to still stay close to the top of the central division which is remarkeable and shows how well they're playing as a goup.

Let's see if the Kraken, who'll have Oleksiak and maybe Schultz back for this one, are up for it and able to get another win for the home fans.

Anyways, let's hope the boys are up for it and of course....
giphy.gif

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I know people think it’s too much, but I feel strongly that Kraken fans in the Arena need to lean into yelling “see” (sea), “red glare” AND “wave”. I truly don’t believe another team in the league has as much anthem shouting opportunity as the Kraken do and it should be known to all.

Reactions: Fistfullofbeer

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
We should beat Winnipeg, anywhere, but especially at home.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Aside from the 5 on 3 goal, it was a promising period. Looked much more like the Kraken of this season…. But they can’t seem to get the bounces… or finish.

Sad People

Jun 4, 2021
What i would pay to see both Dunn and Larsson go GAMES without committing a penalty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad