Pre-Game Talk: Game 30 - Maple Leafs @ Senators, Dec 7, HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Injuries are an excuse. The Leafs didn't play well and were outshot even when there were no injuries.

We will likely be outshot and outplayed but lets hope we get the 2 points.

While I agree injuries are an excuse to a point, when was this time of no injuries of which you speak?

Have we had a single game where JVR, Bozak, Kessel, Lupul, Kadri, Clarkson, Kulemin, Bolland, McClement,and Raymond were all playing?

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Need a string of wins here, we fell behind in the standings. The habs are leading :shakehead

So according to Siegel, Kessel is dealing with aches and pains but should play tomorrow.

I think he should sit out vs the sens and heal a little. I know we could use him but I don't want him injured even more. He could slot in vs the bruins.

Last edited:

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Leafs are 15-8-1 in their last 24 vs. Ottawa dating back to 2009-2010. Sure beats the 8-0 beat downs from 06-08. We've had their number, Kessel and Kadri light them up, they are reeling, this should be a W.

BayStreetBullies*

Can we stop giving up 50 shots a game please? I would like to see just one game where the Leafs look the more dominant team.

Leafs 4 Preds 0
Wild 1 Leafs 4
Ducks 2 Leafs 4
Pens 1 Leafs 4
Leafs 4 Oilers 0
Islanders 2 Leafs 5

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Injuries are an excuse. The Leafs didn't play well and were outshot even when there were no injuries.

We will likely be outshot and outplayed but lets hope we get the 2 points.

To be fair, Ottawa gives up around the same number of shots, so we might actually have a chance to outshoot them :naughty: Anyway I hope Reimer starts this one, he's undefeated in Ottawa. Give Boston to Bernier. Oh and **** the Sens.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
The sens defense is flat out bad. Any pressure an they cough up the pick, yes that includes Karlsson. Don't let him get skating, rush him as soon as he has the puck, he is terrible in one-on-one battles.

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Whats it matter? If Dominance =/= wins, what is the point?

And dominance is extremely hard to quantify, so it is extremely difficult to gauge and support who dominated who.

A win is a win no doubt. However, if past performance is an indication of future performance, then this team is in trouble.

A system doesn't chance overnight. Our whole defense core wont be traded overnight

And if you are expecting our goaltending to bail this team out game after game, you are playing a dangerous game.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
A win is a win no doubt. However, if past performance is an indication of future performance, then this team is in trouble.

A system doesn't chance overnight. Our whole defense core wont be traded overnight

And if you are expecting our goaltending to bail this team out game after game, you are playing a dangerous game.

Not if you're correct about past performance being an indication of future performance. Goalies have been bailing us out all year. :D

Glenn Isildur Healy

Oct 8, 2013
CBC Studios
Not if you're correct about past performance being an indication of future performance. Goalies have been bailing us out all year. :D

Didn't bail us out against Columbus, Nashville, San Jose, Pittsburgh, Montreal.

Just sayin

Reimer and Bernier have been great game after game but they are going to have off games

BayStreetBullies*

So tell me what happened in each game?

For example, being outshot 16-4 by the Pens in the 2nd period. Very dominate by the Leafs?

How many great saves did Reimer have to keep the Leafs in the game?

As someone said, shots aren't an indication of dominance. And being outshot in one period sure as hell does not signify the Leafs were outplayed through the entire game.

If you want to play dumb and pretend you didn't know what happened in those games, that's fine by me. Anyone who watched those games would know the Leafs were dominant for the most part, and not fantasy-land "dominant for 60 mins" like some ppl on here expect of them.

BayStreetBullies*

Didn't bail us out against Columbus, Nashville, San Jose, Pittsburgh, Montreal.

Just sayin

Reimer and Bernier have been great game after game but they are going to have off games

Wow, you're saying goaltenders can't win them all? Golly gee whiz, I think you're onto something there Glenny boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad