Pre-Game Talk: Game 30 - Maple Leafs @ Senators, Dec 7, HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckluck19

Registered User?
Oct 20, 2008
Courtice, ON
Calling on the power of the past, two souls no longer engaged in this never-ending war, to help us through this:

grabbo.jpg

Hoping for a big effort, carry the winning momentum from Thursday, and wreck those Senators. :yo:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
lets build a gap between these ****ers,

a win opens up a 9 point gap... early but that would be very hard for Ottawa to come back from

trickster

Maple Leaf Lane Forever
Mar 6, 2002
Leaf Nation
Expectations

With all of the injuries the expectations need to change.

Bolland, Lupul, and Bozak are massive parts of this team. The club was a contender to win their division with a healthy lineup, but they're not, and won't be for some time.

Provided that they can go .400 to .500 until guys get healthy, I think they might be able to squeak into 8th and give a first round opponent a run.

I just hope that rash moves are not made to try and save this season at the expense of future years.

If injuries continue to pile up, I'd rather the team have a good draft pick and as much cap space as possible.

If they lose to Ottawa, I think they will fail to go at least .400 in December.

They need a gritty win.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
With all of the injuries the expectations need to change.

Bolland, Lupul, and Bozak are massive parts of this team. The club was a contender to win their division with a healthy lineup, but they're not, and won't be for some time.

Provided that they can go .400 to .500 until guys get healthy, I think they might be able to squeak into 8th and give a first round opponent a run.

I just hope that rash moves are not made to try and save this season at the expense of future years.

If injuries continue to pile up, I'd rather the team have a good draft pick and as much cap space as possible.

If they lose to Ottawa, I think they will fail to go at least .400 in December.

They need a gritty win.

Injuries are an excuse. The Leafs didn't play well and were outshot even when there were no injuries.

We will likely be outshot and outplayed but lets hope we get the 2 points.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
God I hate the sens.

Me too. I have lived in Ottawa most of my life. Putting up with Habs fans was hard enough, but now, dealing with the darned Sens fans can be a full time job! :naughty:

I HATE the Senaturds with a passion!!! :rant:

Penalty Kill Icing*

Game 30: Maple Leafs @ ACC 2.0 - Return of John Michael Liles

With both Ontario teams sucking lately, Ontario is the new Alberta.

Must get the 2 points. :yo:

JML called up and it appears this time, he might make season debut.

Anderson expected to be the Sens starter.

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
Me too. I have lived in Ottawa most of my life. Putting up with Habs fans was hard enough, but now, dealing with the darned Sens fans can be a full time job! :naughty:

I HATE the Senaturds with a passion!!! :rant:

Never heard them called the senaturds before lol

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Good, Anderson has been terrible this year.

Hoping Fraser sits, dudes been brutal this year and hasnt shown any signs of improving.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Fraser-Liles practised today. So either them or Ranger-Rielly could be scratched on Saturday.

Penalty Kill Icing*

:facepalm:

There was already a Pre-Game thread. Can some mod merge this please? :help:

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Even with the Sens will probably follow the usual pattern of being outshot and falling back with a lead. But long as the goaltending stays where it has been certainly a winnable game for us. And with the schedule ahead the Leafs really do need to grab points wherever they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad