Pre-Game Talk: GAME 30 - Let's Get Wild | Toddmas | 7:08 PM ET | NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SNO, SNE, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Not feeling good about this one.

Wild has been playing well under the new coach. Scored first goal last 5 games, coming out strong. Bruins, on the other hand, have been slow starters all season. Will get McAvoy & Zacha back, but perhaps that brings some complacency to the rest of the team. Wild seem to always give the B's fits.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Not feeling good about this one.

Wild has been playing well under the new coach. Scored first goal last 5 games, coming out strong. Bruins, on the other hand, have been slow starters all season. Will get McAvoy & Zacha back, but perhaps that brings some complacency to the rest of the team. Wild seem to always give the B's fits.
Wild played last night. We have a almost healthy team. Should be a good game

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I have mixed feelings about this (Poitras going to Team Canada) as I have always had.

Yes it is a tremendous honor to represent your country in your sport. I get that. However I am always concerned about injury & in Matt's case the effect it will have on his development. He's going from playing against NHLers to playing with & against lesser players on a larger ice surface. He's shown so much potential in his brief NHL career I'd hate for his development to be delayed or even screwed up.

Reactions: Gordoff

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Here it comes: 3-2 Wild. They do not have much of a team on paper, but they have a few finishers, speed, grittiness and size. I don't like the matchup. They are also getting the new coach bounce from Hynes of all people.
Could be 3-2 Bruins just as easily. I am hoping the Bruins start on time and play hard. Forechecking and finishing their checks will be key to winning this one. (Not something they particularly emphasize or do well.) Cause some turnovers and tire out their defense. No injuries would be nice.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Unless power is restored I will miss this game :cry:

Eversource is as usual being vague as to when they might get things running again.
WE had lots of wind and rain, so I am surprised the power stayed on. I have a generator, so it won't affect me.

Spent this morning baking for the guys who work for the Bs...(Don't tell anyone as I have to sneak the hermits into the Garden). I haven't baked for them since before COVID. I have made several things but they seem to like hermits best. My house smells like clove and cinnamon.

Also wrapped all but one gift.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I have mixed feelings about this (Poitras going to Team Canada) as I have always had.

Yes it is a tremendous honor to represent your country in your sport. I get that. However I am always concerned about injury & in Matt's case the effect it will have on his development. He's going from playing against NHLers to playing with & against lesser players on a larger ice surface. He's shown so much potential in his brief NHL career I'd hate for his development to be delayed or even screwed up.
Im sure we will be reminded when Canada beats up the Hungarian Kings 15-0 on what a great time Poitras is having and how we should be happy the kid is having fun. lol

Reactions: BMC

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
WE had lots of wind and rain, so I am surprised the power stayed on. I have a generator, so it won't affect me.

Spent this morning baking for the guys who work for the Bs...(Don't tell anyone as I have to sneak the hermits into the Garden). I haven't baked for them since before COVID. I have made several things but they seem to like hermits best. My house smells like clove and cinnamon.

My generator only powers the building's heat & hot water and also powers the office. I wish I could have afforded a larger one.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

Yummy!!!

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
If they finish their checks in this game it will be a season first, so I'm not holding out hope for it to happen! We need what we needed all season, and that's for our goaltending to be lights out.
Here it comes: 3-2 Wild. They do not have much of a team on paper, but they have a few finishers, speed, grittiness and size. I don't like the matchup. They are also getting the new coach bounce from Hynes of all people.
Could be 3-2 Bruins just as easily. I am hoping the Bruins start on time, and play hard. Forechecking and finishing their checks will be key to winning this one. (Not something they particularly emphasize or do well.) Cause some turnovers and tire out their defense. No injuries would be nice.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Healthy Wrap

May 15, 2014
Neely’s Kitchen
being mad about Poitras being the #1C for team Canada is certainly a take
Especially when we're talking about him missing a maximum of 9 games against the likes of Buffalo, Columbus, and Pittsburgh. Not exactly a bunch of world beaters.

The team can afford to lose an often healthy-scratched rookie (who's clearly hit a wall) for a few games. And if by some miracle, not having Poitras in the lineup sends them into some sort of downward spiral, who gives a f***? Did we not learn anything from last year? You can be literally the greatest regular season team in history and it all goes out the window come playoff time.

It's amazing to me that virtually everyone is on board with this decision, even the most ardent Sweeney detractors. And yet there still a few people who are acting like the sky is falling. Deep breaths, everything is going to be ok.

Reactions: FONZIE and lopey

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Especially when we're talking about him missing a maximum of 9 games against the likes of Buffalo, Columbus, and Pittsburgh. Not exactly a bunch of world beaters.

The team can afford to lose an often healthy-scratched rookie (who's clearly hit a wall) for a few games. And if by some miracle, not having Poitras in the lineup sends them into some sort of downward spiral, who gives a f***? Did we not learn anything from last year? You can be literally the greatest regular season team in history and it all goes out the window come playoff time.

It's amazing to me that virtually everyone is on board with this decision, even the most ardent Sweeney detractors. And yet there still a few people who are acting like the sky is falling. Deep breaths, everything is going to be ok.
And he'd probably get games off anyway here too.

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida
Speaking of power outages.

I live in Orlando Florida and have season tickets to the ECHL team here.

Sunday night, we showed up to the game and they kept delaying it. Apparently the power had gone out Sat night and the ice never re-froze. 2 hours in and players from both teams were walking around on the ice in their sandals showing how bad it was, it eventually got canceled.

Kinda the epitome of the Florida ECHL experience lol.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Speaking of power outages.

I live in Orlando Florida and have season tickets to the ECHL team here.

Sunday night, we showed up to the game and they kept delaying it. Apparently the power had gone out Sat night and the ice never re-froze. 2 hours in and players from both teams were walking around on the ice in their sandals showing how bad it was, it eventually got canceled.

Kinda the epitome of the Florida ECHL experience lol.

The old WPHL had multiple events like that over the years. One game in Austin it was so warm and humid out the playing area fogged up so bad they had to cancel the game- no one could see more than 5 feet or so.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
anyone watched any Wild games this year to give this fan an idea of the style we can expect tonight? Thx

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

That sounds awesome. How sweet.

Reactions: hrdpuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad