Pre-Game Talk: GAME 30 - Let's Get Wild | Toddmas | 7:08 PM ET | NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SNO, SNE, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
What the f*** is wrong with them

We have no centers and you're sending your one promising rookie center to go off for 3 weeks and risk injury at the f***ing little league world series?
I agree somewhat, I think if Geekie didn't show decently at C for the last week then they wouldn't have sent Matty P to the Worlds but Geekie showed value at C so this may be a win win type of thing ...when Matty comes back though there might not be a C position for him though save for injury ..good problem to have? maybe.

I wish him luck and confidence..he already has the skill.

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans

We have no centers and you're sending your one promising rookie center to go off for 3 weeks and risk injury at the f***ing little league world series?
Jeez dude, Zacha is back and Geekie can cover center. Just ask Marchy how special it is for players to rep their country in these tournaments.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I agree somewhat, I think if Geekie didn't show decently at C for the last week then they wouldn't have sent Matty P to the Worlds but Geekie showed value at C so this may be a win win type of thing ...when Matty comes back though there might not be a C position for him though save for injury ..good problem to have? maybe.

I wish him luck and confidence..he already has the skill.
Geekie has performed well at center, but considering Zacha is coming off an injury it's playing with fire to let one of your centers go for 3 weeks. We're stuck with Jesper Boqvist if anything happens in the interim.

And the Bruins assume all risk, what if he gets hurt during some round robin game in Sweden?

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany

I think Geekie's recent play at center made this possible. There is always the risk of injury. He could have played the next game against Minnesota and could have get hurt. Poitras play hit a wall and his confidence is low. I think the positives of this outweighs the negatives. I hope he plays a great tournament and comes back with a lot of confidence. Pasta and McAvoy did great back then as juniors and it paid dividends for the Bruins. What happened to Lysell last year is the exception.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Geekie has performed well at center, but considering Zacha is coming off an injury it's playing with fire to let one of your centers go for 3 weeks. We're stuck with Jesper Boqvist if anything happens in the interim.

And the Bruins assume all risk, what if he gets hurt during some round robin game in Sweden?
It is not without risk that is for certain, but the last minute change of tune by the Bruins could have been Sweeney negotiating what Matt's role will be on the WJ Canada team .... making sure Matty P get's what he needs there in terms of usage and situations which could benefit him whenhe comes back ..other GMs have done that for their players they release from NHL rosters to play in this tournament, they don't just give them up cart blanche to be used as the national team sees fit ..so it could benefit our player and his development. Life is balancing risk and reward, Bruins seem to value the potential reward in this situations.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Frederic can play center. It would not be Boquist.

Is the risk of Poitras getting hurt really greater at the junior tourney than playing NHL games?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Bruins in the WJC.

If you use this, credit me.

full

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022

Sounds like they want to be super big down the middle in the near term.

I do agree somewhat though, It's like going from D1 to play a 5th year in HS.

He really was doing all the little things, I don't think his confidence was shot. What I don't want to see is him sitting out when he gets back.

Reactions: Gordoff

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

Guy gets to rep his country. Chance of a lifetime. The bruins will survive. I think they are rewarding him in allowing him this opportunity.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022

I'm thinking this team isn't all that interested in winning another President's trophy and good on them for that. This will make him a better player. Bruins will be fine for 3 weeks without him and his chances of injury there are much less than from the way teams target him in the NHL already.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I think Geekie's recent play at center made this possible. There is always the risk of injury. He could have played the next game against Minnesota and could have get hurt. Poitras play hit a wall and his confidence is low. I think the positives of this outweighs the negatives. I hope he plays a great tournament and comes back with a lot of confidence. Pasta and McAvoy did great back then as juniors and it paid dividends for the Bruins. What happened to Lysell last year is the exception.
..and a Gold medal :thumbu:

Reactions: TobanWest

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm thinking this team isn't all that interested in winning another President's trophy and good on them for that. This will make him a better player. Bruins will be fine for 3 weeks without him and his chances of injury there are much less than from the way teams target him in the NHL already.
True, he has been taking a beating out there

Reactions: Ladyfan

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Not a fan of Poitras going to the WJ's. However if Sweeney has got assurances that he will play a key role on the team ( top 6 and #1 PP unit ) then it might work out for him. Anything less then that I don't think really benefits him or the Bruins. I just worry that he hasn't been exposed to these Canadian coaches and might get the short end of the stick from them.

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Some of those hits were dirt ball hits and the team should have responded.

I'm noticing Bruin's are not responding as often and as quickly as opponents
We all know the reason. They brought back Looch for this and they have no one else to fill that void. Don't think there's an easy fix out there either. Nobody like that on the trade block right now.

Reactions: Gordoff and hrdpuk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad