GDT: [Game #30] Dallas Stars vs. Seattle Kraken – 7:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
So why was suter not bought out? A roll of pennies worth of cap space is far more valuable than keeping suter.
Because the cap savings wouldn‘t let you go do anything but sign another Hanley to take his place.

Thanks for the win Duchene. This team would be f***ed without him this season.
I like how Duchene paused for a second. I think he was not really sure he was seeing what he was seeing because the Eaves guy was making no effort to defend Harley.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
man, i just wish pdb would stick to playing suter in a more limited fashion

none of this would be the issue it has become, but i guess thaaaats due to Nils not looking good enough or inspiring confidence

i think we'd be better served by a barely serviceable Nils.. at least trying to pump him a little before you ship him elsewhere.. but i also feel like the hate-hype is worse than reality

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I wouldn't bother me so much if there wasn't a double standard due to veteraness. Suter should be scratched next game cause of his poor play. Same as Jani with both Hanley and Nils in. If you're going to hold the kid accountable then the vets should be too cause both of those 1st two goals were given up because of atrocious defense.

Some kind of rotation fine, but when you only blame one and say it's all his fault but don't hold the others to the same standard its insulting to not just Lundqvist but to the fans as well.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
On the fourth line they are rotating all players. Time to rotate more on defense. Pretty sure Suter would benefit from some extra rest as well and maybe suck a bit less. No need to play Suter 20+ in all 3 games of a 3 games in 4 nights. The guy turns 39 in a few weeks . Play him less.

Btw Jamie with the secondary assist on the Harley goal has now passed Neal Broten for 2nd leading scorer in franchise history with 868 points.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I wouldn't bother me so much if there wasn't a double standard due to veteraness. Suter should be scratched next game cause of his poor play. Same as Jani with both Hanley and Nils in. If you're going to hold the kid accountable then the vets should be too cause both of those 1st two goals were given up because of atrocious defense.

Some kind of rotation fine, but when you only blame one and say it's all his fault but don't hold the others to the same standard its insulting to not just Lundqvist but to the fans as well.

Precisely. Suter is consistently one of the worst players on the ice. He's also one of the oldest. There's no excuse for not making him sit every several games.

Reactions: Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Suter is not getting scratched. He's currently carrying the second longest consecutive games played number at 401. He's played every game since the beginning of the 2018 season.

Suter will never be scratched.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Suter is not getting scratched. He's currently carrying the second longest consecutive games played number at 401. He's played every game since the beginning of the 2018 season.

Suter will never be scratched.

At least don't play him that many minutes especially not 5on5 . I know its the least since his rookie season but its still 2nd most on the Stars. There is just no need for that especially during stretches with lots on games in few days .

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The thing with Suter is i'm almost certain reaching 1500 games played is one of the things he wants to archive ( he will if he plays most of the games remaining on his current contract ) and unless you're have an absolute dickhead like Mike Babcock as coach usually coaches will allow players to reach those type of milestones. He should just play less minutes reaching 1500 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad