GDT: Game 30: Columbus at Detroit | 12/16 7:30PM EST

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
She's really cool too, we went to the Toronto game last March in Toronto and she came up to us because we were the only other Jackets fans at the bar and invited us over and his whole family was there and we drank with them for a few hours. She always comes over to hang out and have a beer when she sees us at R Bar when she's in town. Really great family.

Woah, that's awesome! Have you met Boone?

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
key for last night was we stayed out of the box...2 PIM may be a season low...

Well, earlier in the season, I think we only took 7 minors in the first four games. But I agree, discipline has been a major problem for the last while. Good to see them finally stay out of the box for at least one game.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
As one of the glass half-empty posters I feel it is my duty to point out that IF the Rangers continue at their pace they will wind up with 96 points. For the Jackets to top that they must get 69 points in the last 52.

That is a 6-3-1 pace for each of the next 10 game sets plus 2 ROW's . There are only a few teams in the league playing at that pace now.

When you look at it in those terms it seems a bit daunting, especially for a team that is struggling mightily to score 5v5. But as long as the team plays good overall defense and Bob keeps playing like Vezina Bob anything is possible, including the Rangers and Caps slumping a bit.

I guess if you're defining "last 10 games" as current pace, the standings would look pretty strange:

TORONTO 127.7 Points
PENS 116.8
NYR 108.2
FLA 108.2
DET 107
NYI 103.2
WAS 101.6
CBJ 100.8
BUF 98
TB 96.9
MON 87
OTT 71.6
BOS 68.7
PHI 68.6
NJ 63
CAR 39.8

Fortunately, we're playing a full season this year, although playing Toronto in first round would be kinda fun.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I think it will come out at some point that he's been playing hurt, he really looks to pass rather than skate the last 10 games or so, perhaps a little groin pull or something, maybe back.

He's been playing 20+ minutes a night for awhile. His previous high was last year at 17:39/game. Not surprised to see him hit a little bit of a wall. With Arty, Dubi, and Letestu all in and out of the lineup, he's been the only legit center on the team for the whole year as Foligno/Jenner have filled in at center and then Chaput/Cracknell playing there as well. It's been easy for defending teams to target him as there hasn't been too much of a threat from the other centers outside of Foligno's play of late and now Dubi getting back.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
We oughta cut back on Joey's ice time. Give him 10 minutes a game for a week, and keep his practices light. Between Dubi, Jenner, and Foligno, we really shouldn't have a problem covering those minutes.

Edit: those guys are all already playing 20 mins a night, but they can cover center and let other wingers play more.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
He's been playing 20+ minutes a night for awhile. His previous high was last year at 17:39/game. Not surprised to see him hit a little bit of a wall. With Arty, Dubi, and Letestu all in and out of the lineup, he's been the only legit center on the team for the whole year as Foligno/Jenner have filled in at center and then Chaput/Cracknell playing there as well. It's been easy for defending teams to target him as there hasn't been too much of a threat from the other centers outside of Foligno's play of late and now Dubi getting back.

I know he's been playing heavy minutes, it's just what I see when he skates, he isn't digging in and bent over when he skates, he's more upright and looks to pass right away, like he's nervous to get hit. Just my opinion as a former player noticing his mannerisms, it looks like he's nursing an injury that's slowed him a bit. It's not like there is a drop off as the game goes along, he seems that way from the opening face-off. He's got great hands obviously and is contributing and making some huge shootout goals, but something just seems off to me with his skating. Time will tell I suppose.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 2m2 minutes ago
Last night's #CBJ - #RedWings game drew a 2.47 household rating, making it the most-viewed game this season. That's roughly 22,500 homes.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio

Boone has played center his whole career. Being on the wing is where he has pitched in.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Joey is what 22? How the hell can he be exhausted playing an extra 3 minutes a game? And floating for a good portion of that time?

My guesses:

Not in shape
Nagging injury
Head case- still somewhat annoyed by his contract
Still emulating Nash.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Boone has played center his whole career. Being on the wing is where he has pitched in.

Didn't play center last year. He's moved back to LW anyway, perhaps because his hand made it hard to take faceoffs? Of course with the master tinkerer at the helm who knows.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Screeny-Shot-Dec-14-2014-8.43.18-AM-590x900.png

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Joey is what 22? How the hell can he be exhausted playing an extra 3 minutes a game? And floating for a good portion of that time?

My guesses:

Not in shape
Nagging injury
Head case- still somewhat annoyed by his contract
Still emulating Nash.

I agree with the first 2 for sure and after he tweeted his own shootout goal still shot last night with the caption "the boys are haawwt", he may be a headcase also...

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I agree with the first 2 for sure and after he tweeted his own shootout goal still shot last night with the caption "the boys are haawwt", he may be a headcase also...

If, as suggested in the post you quoted, he's too young to be "tired," then he is definitely young enough to be a dope on occasion.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

From what I've heard, Joey doesn't have a whole lot going on upstairs, but I don't think this tweet is that worthy of scorn.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
From what I've heard, Joey doesn't have a whole lot going on upstairs, but I don't think this tweet is that worthy of scorn.

No scorn, as long as they win 7 in a row, I don't care what they do and I don't mind the young guys showing some swagger! But I'm going to crinkle this up and put it in my pocket for future discussion if Joey's head swells too much...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad