Post-Game Talk: GAME 30 - BRUINS 4 Columbus 2

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Had to fly to East Coast .My mom will be heading up to watch Peter McNab and Milt play very soon. Happy Bruins won for her today even though she could not open her eyes to watch.I will take any happiness I can get at this point.Go Bruins!
wishing you and your mom all the best in challenging times

Reactions: Gordoff

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Am having a blast watching this team this year, especially after what my expectations were coming into this season! Can still have an opinion on crap when I see it. I’d say he had a better day than Jeff Saturday did.
I didn’t say you don’t have an opinion. We all do with watching.
Just have to realize sometimes what difference does it make

Glad you enjoyed the game

Go Bruins

Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Like the Sway old school brown pads. I guess if you’re gonna wear #1 you gotta throw it back to legends like Tiny Thompson and Frank Brimsek.
And my first goalie crush, Gilles Gilbert
43CEC07A-B787-48BE-81EC-17514BAFCCDB.jpeg

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I was a bit ugly at times but in the end all was well.

Before the game (during the pre-game skate) there was a girl and her Mom on the glass hoping for a puck. They were from NH. The girl had gone for treatment in Boston in the morning and her mom surprised her with tickets to the game. They were just on the glass for the pre-game. The little girl did not have much hair due to her treatments.

I let Keith Babineau know, and he went back and got her two Bs hats. One was grey and purple for the cancer stuff. She was thrilled. A bit later I told Matty Falconer and asked if he thought one of the Bs could get her a puck. Lindy skated over to the bench for an equipment issue and Matty told him and pointed out the young girl. Lindy got her a puck. It's just little things but it means so much to the kids.

Bergy's family is so damn cute. Brad was SO happy for Bergy.

The game was kind of ugly but the results were good!
Kudos to you LF for caring for others and brightening up a little girl's day!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I don't think even they know what they will do. People change their minds all the time. I am very guilty of that...lol

That's true. Just to me Krejci's family situation strongly suggests that at the moment he sees his time in Boston as short term. Of course that could change. But I figure just enjoy him while we have him, both because it may not last long and what we're getting now is rather an added bonus anyway.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Rough night for Clifton. The only Bruin who ended up in the negative on shots for and against when he was on the ice, the high danger chances were 4-1 against, he was involved in numerous turnovers and poor plays, and he fairly got benched for a stretch in the 3rd. He's had a great start to the season, but this was a bit of a sobering game for him. They happen to everybody, and he's earned the right to an off night, so he'll be fine. Just needs to bounce back against the Panthers.

Reactions: Gordoff and BMC

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
24-4-2 with 50 pts and a goal differential of + 50 and 5-6 points up on Vegas, NJ and TO with a couple of games in hand. That’s just nuts (fricken’ loser points tho - TO is 19-13 yet is 6 pts back. Boston is 24-6. Just nuts).

Guys are going have a well-deserved holiday break then gear-up for the 2nd-half run.

Very exciting times!!!

Go Bruins!!!!

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
24-4-2 with 50 pts and a goal differential of + 50 and 5-6 points up on Vegas, NJ and TO with a couple of games in hand. That’s just nuts (fricken’ loser points tho - TO is 19-13 yet is 6 pts back. Boston is 24-6. Just nuts).

Guys are going have a well-deserved holiday break then gear-up for the 2nd-half run.

Very exciting times!!!

Go Bruins!!!!

At some point the Bruins will get their lower points, too. Is what it is.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It’s tempting but assuming you want your best goalie vs the Devils , Ullmark not playing until Friday is a long layoff. I’d go Ullmark and then Swayman/ Ullmark. Devils have cooled off 4-4-2 in their last ten and have lost 3 in a row .
You're right that we can't sit Linus until Friday.

They need to keep them both fresh but I expect Sway to get a few more starts so Linus can be ready for the Winter Classic.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Coyle has been tried on the RW he's proven to be a way better center than a RW. Even Wild fans told us as much and they were bang on.
I agree.

Why not, Frederic has been playing his best hockey as of late?
I agree. His best hockey is still not good enough to give the required support to Hall and Coyle. Hall and Coyle are elite players. Most everything that Frederic gets point wise, has been driven by Coyle and Hall. I watch Frederic every game, every shift. That line would be the coup de grace if there was someone on the right side that could drive the play into the offensive zone, and win some board battles. imo. Sweeney knows this.
Are there better players than TFred out there? Yes there are.
Is he the biggest need for a SCR? No he's not.
I don't want to go I to the PO'S with Grizz.
Way bigger concern for me than TFred.

Love this thread. Best team in the NHL so lets try to get water out of a stone to find something wrong.

They are winning.
Enjoy
Great take . Why better a SCC team when you can just sit on you ass and do nothing.

Reactions: bme44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad