Post-Game Talk: GAME 30 - BRUINS 4 Columbus 2

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
love reading Monty`s post game comments about room for improvement. Love it, he see`s what I think many of us see, yes a team off to a sublime first 30 games but this is hardly a symphony on a nightly basis.

Banking pts while not playing great though

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
6 pts ahead of the Leafs, with 2 games in hand on them. A diff that is still completely stratospheric compared to all other NHL teams.

Bs have won 8 of 12 games in the tough stretch starting on 11/18, with 2 of the 4 non-wins being SO losses.

I'll take that.
me too, I`m going to be super intrigued about what Sweeney does come deadline time, it`s clear this has to be an "all in" year but with cap issues and a prospect pool that has a few exciting kids, what will he be able to do?

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
6 pts ahead of the Leafs, with 2 games in hand on them. A diff that is still completely stratospheric compared to all other NHL teams.

Bs have won 8 of 12 games in the tough stretch starting on 11/18, with 2 of the 4 non-wins being SO losses.

I'll take that.
Yup. Incredible job going pretty much undefeated without McAvoy and Marchand, then 18/24 points against the best teams in the league. And 2 of those missing points are Arizona.

They have done everything right so far. They've been successful and a blast to watch. Was funny to see so many people thinking they'd be out of the playoffs this year. Guarantee it'll be the same next year, too.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yup. Incredible job going pretty much undefeated without McAvoy and Marchand, then 18/24 points against the best teams in the league. And 2 of those missing points are Arizona.

They have done everything right so far. They've been successful and a blast to watch. Was funny to see so many people thinking they'd be out of the playoffs this year. Guarantee it'll be the same next year, too.
I was one who felt they`d be lucky to be fighting for a wild card prior to the year beginning. I`d wager those who have forgotten more about the game than I know could not have seen this insane first 30 happening with all the injuries/rehab`s to start the year

The only crow I`m eating is over Foligno, not where I envisioned this team to be

Trying to think about which other team could sustain what the B`s did.

Let`s say the Bolts began the year without Stamkos/Hedman and say , I dunno a Cernak out of their opening day roster, not so sure they`d be able to do what the B`s are doing

What I`m loving most about Monty`s system is with the lead, this team does not automatically retreat into prevent defense mode

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Not so much worried about 5 on 5 as I am about overall play. He gets hits points because of an elite skill set but he looks off. Sometimes he looks way off. He hasn't looked like himself like most of the season since he's been back but when you're better than PPG , not sure how you can have a problem with that.
Takes most mortals with hip surgery about a year to get their game back 100%. It seems crazy to me how well Marchy is doing given that he had double hip surgery, came back well earlier than expected, yet is still playing on the first line on the best team in hockey. A tribute to the medical staff, Brad's conditioning, and his mental will.

Scary to think how good he is going to be by the time the playoffs roll around if he is already doing what he is doing at this point.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
They are not playing great right now, but I think the great start has them a little overconfident and prematurely in the mid-season late season dog days. They think they have little to play for...I figure they will awaken after a really good or really bad stretch.

I am beginning to warm up to adding an offensive star, like Kane, as it looks like our offense isn't that high powered. I would still prefer the best offensive d available but would understand Kane.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
They are not playing great right now, but I think the great start has them a little overconfident and prematurely in the mid-season late season dog days. They think they have little to play for...I figure they will awaken after a really good or really bad stretch.

I am beginning to warm up to adding an offensive star, like Kane, as it looks like our offense isn't that high powered. I would still prefer the best offensive d available but would understand Kane.

I get it Eeyore, you are the team gloom and doomer. But at least try to be realistic. The Bruins are averaging over 4 goals a game and are leading the league in goals per game and goal differential. So how in the Wide Wide World of Sports is our offense not "that high powered."

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I get it Eeyore, you are the team gloom and doomer. But at least try to be realistic. The Bruins are averaging over 4 goals a game and are leading the league in goals per game and goal differential. So how in the Wide Wide World of Sports is our offense not "that high powered."
I do not appreciate eye-ore. Cut it. After the explosive first ten games they are not that high powered, thats how.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I do not appreciate eye-ore. Cut it. After the explosive first ten games they are not that high powered, thats how.

In their last 8 games, they scored under 4 goals 3 times, and under 3 goals only once, with a GPG of 3.5. Wear that scarf with pride Eeyore.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
WELL, FOLKS it happened:

Maine G Francois Brassard scores the clinching G in Adirondack w/ 19.5 sec left in regulation after what Swayman almost pulled off against Columbus yesterday; 14th G Ever to record a Goal in a Game

Last edited:

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Some fans are always on the edge of the seats . They're not looking at a game or season they're looking at it second by second . If a player has bad shift he needs to be traded . If one of the GM's picks doesn't make the team immediately fire the GM

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Had to fly to East Coast .My mom will be heading up to watch Peter McNab and Milt play very soon. Happy Bruins won for her today even though she could not open her eyes to watch.I will take any happiness I can get at this point.Go Bruins!
So sorry to hear this bro. Prayers to/for you and yours.🙏🙏🙏

And you can tell it was edited by the jumps in the video. Knowing Phil, he probably went on about Patrice for 15-20 minutes.
He probably talked about the day he was traded to the Rangers, and Bobby at the window etc... Comes up all the time with him. lol

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I was a bit ugly at times but in the end all was well.

Before the game (during the pre-game skate) there was a girl and her Mom on the glass hoping for a puck. They were from NH. The girl had gone for treatment in Boston in the morning and her mom surprised her with tickets to the game. They were just on the glass for the pre-game. The little girl did not have much hair due to her treatments.

I let Keith Babineau know, and he went back and got her two Bs hats. One was grey and purple for the cancer stuff. She was thrilled. A bit later I told Matty Falconer and asked if he thought one of the Bs could get her a puck. Lindy skated over to the bench for an equipment issue and Matty told him and pointed out the young girl. Lindy got her a puck. It's just little things but it means so much to the kids.

Bergy's family is so damn cute. Brad was SO happy for Bergy.

The game was kind of ugly but the results were good!
There is NOTHING that disturbs me more or that's more unfair than a child with a terrible disease, like Cancer. :bow: You're awesome for doing that!

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
So now the wins aren’t sexy enough.

Some don’t know how to exist without having something to complain about I guess.
Go back and read your posts. You're the one that's complaining.....about people complaining. Do you see the irony? It's his opinion, that's all.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Why Daryl Sittler. Was he in net for that record-breaking game where Sittler scored IIRC 6 goals?
No, it was Dave Reece

Plenty of my non-Bruins friends bugged me about that game (6 goals and 4 assists for 10 points for Sittler) for several weeks ....so I'll never forget his name

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
So sorry to hear this bro. Prayers to/for you and yours.🙏🙏🙏

He probably talked about the day he was traded to the Rangers, and Bobby at the window etc... Comes up all the time with him. lol
Thankyou very kind of you .It has been a rough go here watching it unfold.She is gone with the angels now and suffering no more 😥

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad