Pre-Game Talk: GAME 30 1/6 7:14 PM - THE BEAR plans to tame the wild - ESPN, HULU, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Thanks! Nice to see Blidh in the line up.

Two games is my max with Moore especially against faster teams. IMO, that is when you really notice that he had a hip injury

I am just guessing about Blidh, tbh, but I don't see that there is another option. Steen is in already, Kuhlman is in protocol with Jake. Who else is there?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
And yet Winter Classic only had 1.4 million of those viewers. Houston, we've got a problem.

I think there have been too many outdoor games the past few years, with the exception of last year when there were none. Just have the 1 outdoor game on New Year's Day each season and that's it, no more heritage/stadium series or anything like that.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Duhaime tested postive for Wild. An underrated bottom sixer, who is fast and tough. JEE, Greenway, and Duhaime being out makes them a lot less physical....Foligno will be doing triple duty tonight trying to run around hitting people, protecting teeny little Rossi, and fighting with his brother.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, January 6, that the team has recalled defenseman Urho Vaakanainen from Providence on an emergency basis.

Vaakanainen, 23, has recorded one goal and seven assists for eight points with a plus-six rating in 23 AHL games with Providence this season. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound defenseman has appeared in 16 career NHL games with Boston.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
BOSTON - Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, January 6, that the team has recalled defenseman Urho Vaakanainen from Providence on an emergency basis.

Vaakanainen, 23, has recorded one goal and seven assists for eight points with a plus-six rating in 23 AHL games with Providence this season. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound defenseman has appeared in 16 career NHL games with Boston.
Interested in seeing where he's at. Hopefully he can string some good play together. . .

Reactions: bbfan419

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA

Interesting. Is there another defenseman who is questionable to play tonight or is Vaakanainen up with Boston just in case there's a health protocol issue?

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Interesting. Is there another defenseman who is questionable to play tonight or is Vaakanainen up with Boston just in case there's a health protocol issue?
Makes me think McAvoy may be out for a few games. They may also want to see Urho in the NHL again to see how he does. He's had a couple great games, he looked like a stud in the outdoor game last year, but he's also had some duds. I still think he has potential if he can get consistent. Hard to do that without reps though.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I think there have been too many outdoor games the past few years, with the exception of last year when there were none. Just have the 1 outdoor game on New Year's Day each season and that's it, no more heritage/stadium series or anything like that.
Could be. For me, everyone I know out this way didn't watch it because TNT wasn't available on whatever they watched their sports on. It's pretty rural, we don't have many options for internet or tv even for that matter.

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad