Half-Assed GDT: Game 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
I would play Jake again tomorrow but that's an interesting call considering it's b2b.

Reactions: Bendak

m1a2lt

Jul 13, 2009
94 SHOT ATTEMPTS?!?! WOW! But it looks like the Canuckleheads have figured out the shots from the point (27 five shots blocked). Maybe that is something to look at for the powerplay.

Reactions: mk80 and Bendak

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I said on the main board that we looked more like the Blues against Minnesota in 2014 than we did the Blues of last year. Hitting is just a piece of the puzzle. The cycle, having multiple good lines offensively, limiting high danger chances defensively were all just as big last season, and we finally got all those things going. We haven't controlled possession like that in forever. 2nd/3rd/OT, we looked like the better team by a significant margin.

Reactions: Bendak and m1a2lt

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I would play Jake again tomorrow but that's an interesting call considering it's b2b.
Really tough call with the back to back, especially with OT. Jake hasn't played in quite a while, though, so I doubt he's too fatigued, but goalies playing on both nights of a back to back have historically been really bad. I might lean Binner tomorrow, and then back to Jake in game five regardless how game 4 goes. I don't know. Tough call. The optics are clearly bad if Jake wins you a game and then you go straight back to Binnington, but if Binner had been in goal tonight I would want Jake in there tomorrow too. Back to backs are really difficult on goalies.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
The Schwartz-ROR-Perron line has been stellar, props to Berube for putting it together. I was quite impressed with Kyrou's game tonight, made some nice plays and didn't look like a liability at all. I kinda don't want to see Tarasenko in the lineup tomorrow with how he's been playing. I definitely don't think Steen should see the ice again, too slow and cannot make any plays with the puck.

Reactions: Bendak

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I’d go Allen tomorrow. I think he can handle it after being off for so long. And when he gets hot, he gets very hot.

Keep in mind, the Canucks either have to play a more tired Markstrom again, or they get him out of the net and go with Demko. Either situation could benefit us.

I would also keep Kyrou in and probably the same lineup in general. I thought he was good for a 22 year old playing in his first playoff game.

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
BlandObedientArrowcrab-size_restricted.gif

My appreciation post for Jake the Snake tonight

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Very interested to see if we just go with the same lineup again in game 4.

One thing I’m sure of is Kyrou will stay in. You can easily tell what Chief thinks of a player by his postgame quotes. It’s either he raves about them or flat out says they need to be better. He doesn’t hide it at all. And he spoke very highly of Kyrou tonight.

Reactions: Bendak and Blueston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad