GDT: Game#3|Talking Heads; Up the Creek and Olli down Liver|Caps@ Pens|5-2 8:00/8:20|CEC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Have to get that kind of thing out of the game.

All kidding aside, I have no doubt Backstrom meant to do that. There's just no way to prove it. Backstrom is a pretty honest player so he can fly under the radar like that. He definetley intended on getting Letang in the head though.

I didn't think it was intentional at all. It is still a dumb and dangerous way to avoid players lying on the ice.

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
Hard not to be pleased with a 3-0 lead considering the night Sid/Geno are having(giving them the odd shift together wouldn't be the worst thing in the world imo). Still, 3-0 leads can disappear pretty quickly. Have to start being smarter with the puck and get the legs moving in the offensive zone a bit.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Because he is the only weak link in the forward group (Fehr is a borderline member of this group as well).

Let Malkin center Cullen and Fehr this period, and the Kunitz apologists will see why some people question his impact on the game.

Hophog

Aug 7, 2006
Hershey, PA
Have to get that kind of thing out of the game.

All kidding aside, I have no doubt Backstrom meant to do that. There's just no way to prove it. Backstrom is a pretty honest player so he can fly under the radar like that. He definetley intended on getting Letang in the head though.

I agree. Not a dirty player intent on kicking him in the head but not interested in avoiding him with his hip.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
I feel like I'm watching a Penguins Boston game from 2013, except with Pittsburgh playing the part of Boston.

Caps have the puck a lot and all they get is **** chances from the outside when don't get jammed up on the way to the offensive zone. Our counterattacks are of a much higher quality.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I have a hard time believing the NHL's resident lesbian would try to knee someone in the head.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Am at the game, was Letang's hit really that bad? Interference, sure. But contact point looked to be chest here. And Johansson cane back.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Murray is just an absolute animal. Could you imagine if we still had Zatkoff in there?

I just spent a couple grand of psychiatrists last series to learn how not to think about that, and here you go and mess that all up. :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Milbury with a good point on what Hags did. Hit from behind after the goal... didn't even look back.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
Am at the game, was Letang's hit really that bad? Interference, sure. But contact point looked to be chest here. And Johansson cane back.

The media is just stirring ****. It should be a fine and a stern talking to.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I'd be shocked if Letang didn't get a game. I don't think he'll get more than that, though.

I suppose a fine isn't out of the question since Mojo came back to the game. Caps will cry huge foul if that's the case though so I'm guessing a game for the optics of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad