GDT: Game 3 Pens vs Wings 1900hrs EST: “Gentleman you can’t fight in here, this is the preseason!”

I want ____ to be on the starting line up:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
OUT of Zohorna, PU, Nylander, DOC and Poulin, we need at least ONE two really emerge as an NHLer of some repute, IF we get TWO to emerge then we might have something but somebody has got to step up here.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
So apparently someone said Sullivan said today that Puustinen is still developing defensively…translation: he doesn’t PK enough to get into the NHL lineup … does this coach recognize a huge problem with this team is lack of finishing, and this kid can get 70% O zone starts in the top six and score? lol

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
OUT of Zohorna, PU, Nylander, DOC and Poulin, we need at least ONE two really emerge as an NHLer of some repute, IF we get TWO to emerge then we might have something but somebody has got to step up here.
need to see how they do when teamed with the big boys

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
But... c'mon... how do you think it actually shakes out?
Best guess...

Nylander fills in in the top-six until Jake gets back.

Bottom-six:
DOC-Eller-Z
Nieto-Acciari-Carter

A combination of the contracts leading to spots and a few winger positions being actually determined by performance.
Vellucci spoke highly of Z after the first game, and I imagine that will be reinforced by this game. So if his opinion means anything, Z has a chance this time.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So apparently someone said Sullivan said today that Puustinen is still developing defensively…translation: he doesn’t PK enough to get into the NHL lineup … does this coach recognize a huge problem with this team is lack of finishing, and this kid can get 70% O zone starts in the top six and score? lol

No I think the translation there is that he's ass defensively. I don't think that's anything new, I think we all knew that.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Best guess...

Nylander fills in in the top-six until Jake gets back.

Bottom-six:
DOC-Eller-Z
Nieto-Acciari-Carter

A combination of the contracts leading to spots and a few winger positions being actually determined by performance.
Vellucci spoke highly of Z after the first game, and I imagine that will be reinforced by this game. So if his opinion means anything, Z has a chance this time.

That probably wouldn't be too bad.

People hate on Nylander but he's probably a better option to fill in on the top six than just about anything else realistically available. I really want to like Puus but I feel like he could easily get overwhelmed in a top six role at the NHL level. Nylander didn't exactly blow anyone's doors off there last season but he could at least hang.

From all indications DOC has been kinda "meh" though. And Z just seems to have bad luck sticking. But lots of time to see, yet.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Also... Poulin seems to be consistently playing solid all around hockey all camp and preseason long.

Good to see. I get that the traditional thing to do would be to let him start in WB/S no matter what and continue to build himself up. But if he keeps pressing... I dunno... give the guy a spot.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
He also had that forecheck that directly led to Puustinen's goal and had an assist on Poulin's goal.

meh still nothing more than an AHL depth. which is fine. but he has been to sporadic with the guy and bad. I bet we see him a lot more though over the preseason, so maybe he can change my mind.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No I think the translation there is that he's ass defensively. I don't think that's anything new, I think we all knew that.
Yeah, there was this…I didn’t watch the third period but I wouldn’t say he was “ass” defensively…he occasionally gets out of position or isn’t sure of his assignment..

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Also... Poulin seems to be consistently playing solid all around hockey all camp and preseason long.

Good to see. I get that the traditional thing to do would be to let him start in WB/S no matter what and continue to build himself up. But if he keeps pressing... I dunno... give the guy a spot.

Poulin looks good. He was noticeable all game. He was aggressive to which is more than can be said for half these guys. He had awful linemates too. Johnsson is cooked so much for thinking he could bounce back

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Poulin just meh I don't know, he's opportunistic but largely unremarkable for long stretches.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
The Pens media is incapable of praising a player without saying they're "forcing their way" onto the roster or critiquing a player without hinting their chance of an NHL career just ended.

******* relax already.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad