Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 of the Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning series

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Nick Paul is the only one of them with size lol. The rest are 6', Hagel is even smaller.
They all play bigger than their size lmao. Are you really arguing whether or not our top 9 is tougher than theirs?

Heights and weights dont matter if you dont use them.

None of our guys play with any sort of mean streak or finish checks. Their guys actually play their weight or above it

Auston Mathews threw his first hit of the series last game and it resulted in a goal.

The mindset of the team is still just to poke-check profusely

Last edited:
Reactions: HellasLEAF

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I mean he better considering this fanbase is treating him like Wayne Gretzky coming back
C452B2AD-AFB4-4937-88A2-7E37EBE61B21.gif

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
My B day today, if there is a hockey god, he will make them win. If you suddenly see Holl make sliding blocks like Borje Salming you can thank me. If you see Engvall score a laser wrister and pound someone like Wendel Clark, you can thank me. If you see Tavares suddenly skate like Kapanen but score like 2019 Tavares you can thank me. If Soup looks like Johnny Bower all game, you can thank me. If you see Keefe run his bench like the 1967 Punch Imlach you can thank me. If Kampf turns into Dave Keon and ......whatever...... just win for my birthday you suckas.

Techincally all these are possible except Tavares suddenly skating like Kapanen

Just saw the news that both Simmonds and Clifford are out.

Not sure if that's the right play. Tampa is going to be extra physical tonight with the home crowd behind them.

At the end of the day we just have to focus on our game and stay out of the box and we'll win. Not sure it will be a big deal.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
PK sure needed Holl in game 1 they looked so bad right :sarcasm:

You take those penalties against Tampa consistently and it doesn't matter what PKer you find. You're getting burned. We dont need Holl him and Liljegren are no longer at the same level since deadline. Liljegren surpass him. Using game 2 to make this decision is foolish
Liljegren got exposed pretty badly on some critical plays, and what’s the point of having depth if you’re not going to hold the guys playing accountable. I love liljegren I hope he signs a 6-8 year extension this off season but he wasn’t very good Wednesday.

Reactions: Gallagbi

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Techincally all these are possible except Tavares suddenly skating like Kapanen

At the end of the day we just have to focus on our game and stay out of the box and we'll win. Not sure it will be a big deal.

Perry and Maroon are taking stupid penalties themselves, and we have other guys who are standing up to them. Take a punch and let them keep heading to the box. Refs are calling it.

If the refs suddenly decide to stop calling it, then Muzzin or Lyubushkin can have their way with them. It is far more likely one of those guys will be on the ice when those two are out than the 4th line anyways. I could care less about Lyubushkin especially deciding to trade off with one of them.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Without Last Change who would you trust more getting stuck against Palat-Stamkos-Kucherov

Engvall-Blackwell-Spezza
or
Clifford - Blackwell - Simmonds

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Perry and Maroon are taking stupid penalties themselves, and we have other guys who are standing up to them. Take a punch and let them keep heading to the box. Refs are calling it.

If the refs suddenly decide to stop calling it, then Muzzin or Lyubushkin can have their way with them. It is far more likely one of those guys will be on the ice when those two are out than the 4th line anyways. I could care less about Lyubushkin especially deciding to trade off with one of them.
If you think Chris lee and co are going to call any of perry and maroons shenanigans then god bless your heart

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
I’m not sure I get the logic behind adding a “top PKer” when we’ve sat our tough guys and the goal should be to stay out of the box. Just doesn’t add up to me.

If coach thinks Holl is better than Lilly then alright but we should just stay out of the box imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad