Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 of the Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azazel

Jan 2, 2016
Looks like Keefe is still new to being a leaf fan.

Get ready for the tinfoil hats.. I don't care I'm calling it!

He's trusting the league to be consistent, Keefe expected a beefy, tough and grind series and it played in our favor in Game 1, we were faster and hitting harder, Tampa was stunned. Game 2 the refs saw we were the faster aggressive team and started making regular season type of calls and it played against us (7 penalties). Now keefe thinks this is how the series is going to be called and sat his meat and potatoes to ice more skill and speed and WATCH the refs put the whistles away while Tampa goons it up without our enforcers and we get bullied. When we put back our enforcers to match the intensity in Game 4 the refs will call the game tight again to negate their use.

This is just the way it goes for us
Skip the tinfoil hat stuff. The league admitted to game management. They fired Tim Peele for admitting to it, then had their officials cover their mics when talking to players.

What Tim Peele never said; is that they do it for "equality". Thats just what the talking heads told us.
What Tim Peele said was "I was looking to give Nashville the next one"
What that does tell us, is that the infraction doesn't matter as much as the team that commits it.
If it was for equality then why have we been assessed more penalties then Tampa? So the "keeping the penalties equal" narrative fails. So why else would officials be focusing on penalizing one team over the other?

What I haven't really seen talked about with the Tim Peele incident is that he was talking to an opposing player, telling him he was looking to give the other team a penalty. Like, imagine you(whoever is reading this) and I are about to go 1 on 1 in any sport. Before we start the officials walk up to me and tell me they are focusing on you, and are looking to give you the first call. Would you still feel as though you were given a fair shot? Or would you correctly assume that im going to cheat my ass off to beat you?

"From where you're kneeling this must seem like an 18 Karat run of bad luck.
Truth is, the game was rigged from the start" -Benny

Reactions: IPS and TMLife17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad