Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 of the Toronto Maple Leafs vs Montreal Canadiens series

Status
Not open for further replies.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
We really don't either but a paid day off is always welcome :)

You telling me you don't have a picture framed of the Queen on your wall?

Can't wait for the game. I hope Leafs get an early lead that way the Habs can't trap. I have never seen a pathetic team like the Habs, cross checking to get players off their game, trying to act tough when in fact you are the softest team in the league. Bunch of fake tough guys

I hope they dress Caufield. Would love to see someone like Muzzin just rail him into the boards

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Leafs have to come out skating, keep the same lines. Hit hard and watch out for the rush chances the opposite way.

I think the Habs probably back channel complained about all the penalties they took, shouldn’t matter but I do think the refs will be looking for more Leaf infractions so they have to keep it clean.

Apparently the refs had said they won’t call finished legal checks, but will concentrate on hooks, cross checking and stick fouls. Something that was evident in the last game. I think we were lucky on a few non calls, but for the most part played within those parameters. Like Keefe said, if they want a war, they are going to pay in the PP, now it’s finally a real weapon for us.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
You telling me you don't have a picture framed of the Queen on your wall?

Can't wait for the game. I hope Leafs get an early lead that way the Habs can't trap. I have never seen a pathetic team like the Habs, cross checking to get players off their game, trying to act tough when in fact you are the softest team in the league. Bunch of fake tough guys

I hope they dress Caufield. Would love to see someone like Muzzin just rail him into the boards
Shhhhhh please don't tell the governor general!!!

Agreed on the first goal, UT I think once we get the 3rd goal the habs will ramp up the cheap shots in hopes we are too injured for the next games.
Hopefully the refs stay on top of this or the Wayne train might have to come barreling down the track

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
You'll wear him out and may cause injuries, he's not playing at 100% right now.

he had a week off prior to the playoffs. We are talking about 3 in 4 nights. Or 3 in 11 nights. Leafs need to win a round. You do whatever it takes to give you the best chance of doing that. Based on what I have seen from Andersen with the Marlies and Sens, Leafs can’t afford to take that experiment on right now. If Campbell looks good tonight and isn’t obviously hurting you ride him.

Reactions: Auston 316

Scion

May 25, 2012
I definitely want someone besides Campbell tomorrow night. Don't forget at the end of this, if the Leafs are lucky enough to come out of this series on top, the schedule isn't going to get any easier. They need to compress the North playoffs as much as possible to catch up to the other divisions. There's almost no possibility where this doesn't end up with the winner of the North emerging after a grueling schedule to face a team that had a much easier time of it. Wearing out our starting goalie early on isn't a great idea...is it?

This is the playoffs, you worry about tomorrow tomorrow because nothing is promised at this time of the year.

Reactions: TopCheese

3blizzard4

Mar 29, 2021
Toronto
Am I the only to think Foligno has been invisible since his arrival? Thought the guy would be way more involved. It could be injury and new team and all. But the two trades that got everyone hyped up were Foligno and Nash.

And we gave up a first for Foligno.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
I’m baffled too! Normally when something happens in a game, if it makes the difference, maybe you can complain about it.

BUT the Habs and Leafs played equal amount of ES time and the Leafs won 2-1.

So what more penalties? You think you’re going to score 3? Their fan base already acknowledges they can’t score as much as the Leafs.

I just don’t get it.

The GM is responsible for the 4th PIM, The Kokanemi PIM, he broke the stick in half cross checking our guy, the Gallagher PIM, well he is just a rat he deserves to be in the box all game for his face. Think the last one was a slash, that was plain as day. Not sure what Hab fans are batching about.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Am I the only to think Foligno has been invisible since his arrival? Thought the guy would be way more involved. It could be injury and new team and all. But the two trades that got everyone hyped up were Foligno and Nash.

And we gave up a first for Foligno.

It's called defense. Hard to see.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
It's called defense. Hard to see.

He wasn't brought in for D. We have plenty of those. Kerfoot Hyman and mikayhev

He was brought in for his edge and forechecks. You don't pay 1st round for defensive forward

He needs to get more engaged

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
You think our d is the same as Edmonton?
You think we are going to turtle with 9 minutes left?
Get real with your loser attitude.
How many shots did we get with 10 mins left in the third when we were up 4-1 last game?

When is the last time a team was up by 3 and they changed out their goalie?

Never. it's dumb, get over it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad