Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Montreal @ NYR - May 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
These 2 day breaks suck. I hope the team gets rested but it feels like the momentum is destroyed. Can they fire whoever did the schedule this year?!

I actually think this plays into our cards, after playing what, 9 games in 15 nights? Good to see them get some rest.

Now, we can't underestimate the Habs in this game. They still got a very balanced offense. I think they'll try to move Vanek up and down the lineup tonight to get him some matchups, IF he plays. They're a team that has 4 capable lines, every line can burn you in its own way. Can't give guys like Plekanec, Pacioretty and Desharnais time in our end. Need to be at our best against Subban. Perhaps Pouliot can piss him off some more, but no borderline major penalties with 6 minutes left to play, pls.

That said, their bottom 4 defenders can be exposen by speed. We have the last change tonight. Watch out Alexei Yemelin, Chris Kreider is coming for you.

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Seconded. Go to bed 11pm, set the alarm for 2am, back to bed 5am to sleep for 2 or 3 more hours. Barf.

The worst part is that win or lose, there is no way I'm able to go to sleep for at least an hour after the game. If we win I'm too giddy, and if we lose I'm too pissed off.

timor

Oct 8, 2011
Seconded. Go to bed 11pm, set the alarm for 2am, back to bed 5am to sleep for 2 or 3 more hours. Barf.

8pm ET start is actually better here in finland. Starts at 3am so a little longer sleep before the game. To bed at 7pm, wake up at 02.55 am. Check the game and off to work. Been watching every playoff game live at night. Wifey beeing mad as hell :laugh: The regular season games I do watch the next morning at work or the next evening at home via gamecenter. The good thing is that I've got a short holiday now so I can easily sleep late the next morning.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
8pm ET start is actually better here in finland. Starts at 3am so a little longer sleep before the game. To bed at 7pm, wake up at 02.55 am. Check the game and off to work. Been watching every playoff game live at night. Wifey beeing mad as hell :laugh: The regular season games I do watch the next morning at work or the next evening at home via gamecenter. The good thing is that I've got a short holiday now so I can easily sleep late the next morning.

My Girlfriend is very tolerant with that kind of stuff. I mean she obviously thinks I'm a lunatic, but that's nothing new to her, so...

And yes, I prefer a 3am start as well. Watch the game, do your usual morning business and off to work. It's why I'm okay with Pactific Time Zone/Mountain Time Zone games. 2am appears to me as the worst possbile time.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I completely understand what Blue Blooded says. After the game ends, the adrenaline is still rushing, win or lose. It takes some time to relax and sleep after the game, but this is the play offs! It's the Conference Final!

Starting to get very nervous now. At work now. Can't wait to get home, sleep and wake up to watch the game!!!

Ohw, and my wife also thinks I'm crazy. She loves the summer, probably because of the NHL off-season.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Considering what the boys went through with the 5 games in 7 nights non sense coupled with the MSL tragedy the deserve the extra days off. It also helps Kreider and Brassard get healthier and of course some needed rest for lundqvist.

I'm sure one of the first things AV will talk about is keeping the foot on the gas and not forgetting the game plan. MTL will be looking to come out hard but at the same time with doubts in their heads. Take advantage.

Kokoschka

May 13, 2012
Another reason for getting DVR - sleep until 5 and then watch the game without commercial interruptions.

Yeah, that'd be a neat idea if I could will myself to not look on the scoreboard before. I just can't handle knowing the game has already taken place.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
This will be a tricky one for me. In between 2 early working days, I have to sacrifice my evening. I'll be sleeping from 5 PM till 1 AM, watch the game, start work at 6 and hope I have the energy to get through the day :D

I knew this week was going to be slow at the office so i decided to work from home all week. I love my work :laugh:

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
I certainly hope NYR fans will be classy enough to not boo the Canadian anthem. We have a lot of Canadian players on our team and they will certainly be disappointed. I think it would be more effective if MSG SUNG the Canadian anthem. Our players would feel proud and amped up and the Canadians players would be very confused and forget which end of the ice was theirs scoring all their goals against Toharski. It's the perfect plan, guys!

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
When i think about it i have probably only missed 10-15 games over the last 4 seasons and i always watch the games live....MADNESS!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I certainly hope NYR fans will be classy enough to not boo the Canadian anthem. We have a lot of Canadian players on our team and they will certainly be disappointed. I think it would be more effective if MSG SUNG the Canadian anthem. Our players would feel proud and amped up and the Canadians players would be very confused and forget which end of the ice was theirs scoring all their goals against Toharski. It's the perfect plan, guys!

Wait what? You suggest fans at MSG singing Canadian anthem? I'm definitely against moronic booing and the fans would probably do a better job with it than how American anthem was sang in Montreal, but there is no way this is happening.

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
Another reason for getting DVR - sleep until 5 and then watch the game without commercial interruptions.

I'm doing that with GCL (there's no TV station airing the games here). But it sucks, that you always see the length of the broadcast, so if it's less than 3 hours long, you already know there's no OT. Hence there wasn't much tension for me late in the last game, because I already knew that the Habs wouldn't tie it up. They should really change that behaviour.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
I wouldn't be shocked if the Rangers lose this game. Montreal has probably gained back some physical composure from the Boston series. They probably will be able to sustain a high level of energy throughout game 3 than 2.

Gotta hope the Rangers score early and big.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
TSN said last night before the LA/CHI game no team has ever come back from 2-0 to win a conference final. At least I thought they said that. However no one who has gone to 7 games in the quarters and semis has ever won in a conference final. So I guess one of those is going to change soon if both are accurate.

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
TSN said last night before the LA/CHI game no team has ever come back from 2-0 to win a conference final. At least I thought they said that. However no one who has gone to 7 games in the quarters and semis has ever won in a conference final. So I guess one of those is going to change soon if both are accurate.

To the first part of your post -
When leading 2-0 winning both on the road:
series record, NHL only, Semifinals round: 16-1 (.941)
WhoWins.com

BlueShirtGal

It's Hurricane season!
May 19, 2014
Federal Way, WA
My first post on the HF Boards.(I post over on another forum too). I know what y'all mean about the 8 PM starts. I have to get up around 4 a.m. for my job. I was hurting Tues.

Let's Go Rangers!!! :yo::handclap::highclap::pcheer:

NikC

Oct 7, 2008
The Rangers can use the rest. Every game is a new animal.

I dont believe they feel their confidence is momentum, but in their actual game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad