Pre-Game Talk: Game 3 - Montreal @ NYR - May 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was more annoyed at how cocky their fans were going into the series. They expected to just walk right through us after beating the Bruins. In reality the only reason that they had more points than us was because of loser points and shootout wins. We were better than them both offensively and defensively in the regular season. They were acting like we didn't deserve to be on the same ice as them.

It's funny what one win against a ****** team with their backup goalie, 3 wins by a goal to boot (backup goalies are only an excuse in the 3rd round) and a win against a team that matches up terribly with them and got terrible puck luck, will do to a fan base. It's amazing that no one grasps the concept of matchups. Montreal is a fast team and Boston isn't. People seem to think just because Montreal beat a team with more points in Boston that they'll waltz into the final. This isn't a math problem.

DoTheBlue

No Expectations
Apr 5, 2007
Pennsylvania
Boy things have changed a lot around here. Up 2 - 0 in the conference final and not a worry in the world.
In this thread the discussion is about the war of 1812 and whether it was won or lost and in the main board thread they are discussing crepes. Ahhhh life as a Ranger fan these days is good. Real good. :laugh:

FJB

Jun 30, 2009
iOIBlErDDELwv.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, I think Montreal would still beat TB even with Bishop. They're just not that good, especially without MSL. They looked better when a guy like Callahan was playing over his head in the regular season and then he became playoff Callahan and so did everyone else.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Boy things have changed a lot around here. Up 2 - 0 in the conference final and not a worry in the world.
In this thread the discussion is about the war of 1812 and whether it was won or lost and in the main board thread they are discussing crepes. Ahhhh life as a Ranger fan these days is good. Real good. :laugh:

Have to say, the crepes-discussion is the best non-hockey thing I've read on this forum in a while. With 2 Original Six teams facing off, and Price out after Kreider being tripped and hitting him, you'd think there would be more arguing

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Can you switch to being the underdog 2 games into a series? :laugh:

I mean if the underdog is beating the favorite, they flip?

"No way the Penguins lose this series."

"Whoever wins this series [BOS/MTL] is going to the Finals."

"Whoever wins this series is going to get their atoms annihilated by the West."

Last edited:

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
I think Rangers fans at MSG should make it a point of honor to make the Canadiens feel supremely un welcome tomorrow night.

It should be so loud, the Habs should feel it in the locker room.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I think Rangers fans at MSG should make it a point of honor to make the Canadiens feel supremely un welcome tomorrow night.

It should be so loud, the Habs should feel it in the locker room.

That would be amazing.

For whatever reason, though, I feel like we're gonna be let down by MSG. Honestly not sure what to expect...I mean, we're up 2-0, so the place should be absolutely ROCKING...but I don't know with this MSG anymore.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
That would be amazing.

For whatever reason, though, I feel like we're gonna be let down by MSG. Honestly not sure what to expect...I mean, we're up 2-0, so the place should be absolutely ROCKING...but I don't know with this MSG anymore.

It shouldn't have to take an early goal to get it bonkers, but that's what it usually takes. The 2-0 lead in game 6 vs the Pens was so loud, hopefully it can get to that point tomorrow night. Also hoping for no USA chants, it just seems stupid to me, but maybe I'm the only one?

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
It shouldn't have to take an early goal to get it bonkers, but that's what it usually takes. The 2-0 lead in game 6 vs the Pens was so loud, hopefully it can get to that point tomorrow night. Also hoping for no USA chants, it just seems stupid to me, but maybe I'm the only one?

It's completely stupid.

That won't stop some fans from doing it anyway.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com

It's moronic, considering there are several Canadian players on the Rangers.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Should we sweep in G4 (fingers crossed) Nothing would make me happier than the MSG crowd singing "NA NA NA NA" Not because their "canadian" but because the MTL crowd obnoxiously chants it at every game any team enters their building.

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
Nah, if I don't hear "OLE" from the MSG crowd at any point in this series, I will be very disappoint.

A USA chant is simply sophomoric, no other way to look at it.

And "Ole" chant in the 3rd period as we close out a couple goal win would be absolutely incredible.

dmjt4160

Jun 27, 2011
And I expect the Garden to be incredible tomorrow. I know it should be like that all the time for playoff games but this has been a really weird season. '11-'12 was such a great run the entire regular season that there was more of a connection to the team than there has been with this one, at least until game 6/7 against Pitt.

I mean we had a coaching change, a horrific start, a slump from our all-world goalie, consternation over his contract issues and others, Del Zotto trade, Stepan struggling to get going, Nash concussion and uneven play, the Callahan trade, MSL scoring drought, then Nash scoring drought in the playoffs, McDonagh injury and poor play early in the playoffs, the streak of games without taking a 2 game lead in a series, etc.

Its just been a really weird year where people wanted almost everyone on the team moved for one reason or another at some point in the season. We knew what we had in '11-'12 and it was easy to get on board and watch it unfold.

Its only been 5 games over 12 days or so but our fans appreciation and respect for this group has absolutely increased exponentially from what I see. I think that will show in the crowd tomorrow night, at least I hope it will.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Up 2-0 in the ECF heading home. You're damn right MSG should be on a whole other level tomorrow. I expect Winnipeg-like levels of sound tomorrow.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Lots of over confidence in this thread. I hope everyone takes a step back. This series can change on a dime tomorrow.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Lots of over confidence in this thread. I hope everyone takes a step back. This series can change on a dime tomorrow.

You are completely right.

Just riding out the high of this five game PLAYOFF win streak.

That said, I have a TON of confidence in this group of players. They aren't going to let over confidence get them, IMO.

DuaneHewitt

Apr 10, 2007
NJ/Andover MN
These 2 day breaks suck. I hope the team gets rested but it feels like the momentum is destroyed. Can they fire whoever did the schedule this year?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad