Post-Game Talk: Game 3 - Matt Murray takes over as Pens defeat the Flyers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
++++++ Murray: We are down in this game in the first period w/o Matt Murray. He was so good. Suffocating pucks and weathering the storm while the Pens were trying to find their legs. Flyers really owned period 1 and deserved to. They had a good jump and they were earning battles. Matt Murray bailed the team out or this could have been a very different game. Props to #30. He was the savior tonight.

Not only that, he plays like a vet. Gets whistles and goes to the bench to kill momentum for the Flyers. Dude is just awesome. I cannot get enough of #30.

+++ Sid/Geno: When Mur weathered the storm, Sid/Geno took over. Especially Sid. Sid's game can be summed up in his one shift leading to goal #4. He punked Girioux off the faceoff going forward. He punked the defense. Then he made an insane backhand sauce pass to Dumo. Sid... takeover. And when someone said Crosby Sucks, they better get used to the idea that they are about to get murdered. Beast Mode Sid doesn't mess around.

And when the PP is at it's worst, #71 shows off his out of this world shot.

++ Brassard/Sheahan: Center depth. I love the intensity of Sheahan even though he's playing with 2 awful hockey players right now. As for Brass - he's doing his best to be the player we all saw/heard about. He's living up to the hype IMO.

+++ Dumo: What a game by Dumo. Dominant defensively and chips in offensively. Somehow this guy scores in the playoffs consistently. It's weird. Honorable mentions for Letang/Schultz even though Schultz was inconsistent at first.

---- Kuhn/ZAR: Awful 4th line wings right now. ZAR especially. He's playing worse than Kuhn. He's turning pucks over at the gray area and failing to get pucks deep. He's garbage. ZAR needs sat immediately for Simon. Or give ZAR one more shot but get Simon in there. Sheahan deserves better.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
eLlcZ2a.gif

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Great game. No one bad enough to actually hurt us and most played well.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Huge win!!

A plus all around after the first period except for Kuhn and ZAR...need to have a better fourth line...

I hope we’re not complacent Wednesday and bring intensity and pressure and take the series by the balls.....

Reactions: Aerrol

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Want to go back to a shift in the first period that NBC showed touching on the importance of Hornqvist that led to goal #1.

- Horny gets the puck and sees no options so he dumps it in soft. Smart play.
- Horny goes and attacks and finishes his hit on Provorov.
- Turnover happens and Hornqvist is already busting his ass back to the play.
- Prov is sitting in the corner still from #72's hit.
- Horny wins another battle to the puck and gets it to Sid.
- Sid scores.

If you ever want to know what Hornqvist does, save this post.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
First period was rough. Murray came up big.

Sid has been amazing yes but Murray is our run away MVP through 3 games. Tremendous.

Need more from:

Malkin at ES
Kessel
Brassard at ES
Sheary
Rust
Hagelin

Reactions: Beau Knows

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Thought the refs were terrific in this game. 4 of the SAME trips were called. Rust, Brassard, and 2 on Philly. All similar trips. The refs let some things go, on both ends (missed Schultz call). I thought they were very fair.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
Crosby, Murray, and the Pens ate the Flyers' lunch today. i absolutely loved seeing that arena of Flyers fans silent.

also a big - to Keith Jones aka Barney Rubble for all but calling for the Flyers to run Matt Murray in future games. grade-A scumbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad