GDT: Game 3 | Lightning at Wings | 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Keep that Killorn-Johnson-Kucherov line in check or start booking your tee times. I give Blash some credit for making adjustments...he needs to take advantage with home ice and line matchups.

Blash is leaning on Hank and Pavel but let's see someone not named Hank or Pavel step up. Larkin showed flashes in Game 2.

Mrazek in for Howard...Howard wasn't the problem in Tampa but a change might flip the mojo. I'd rather see them try something different than fail doing the same thing over and over.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Have a feeling they'll pull one out of their ***** and come away with a 3-2 victory with all three being ultra soft on Bishop.

Last edited:

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Having last change means we will "only" lose like 3-1. But I'll be optimistic for once this playoffs. Mrazek with the shutty.

2-0 Wings.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Keep that Killorn-Johnson-Kucherov line in check or start booking your tee times. I give Blash some credit for making adjustments...he needs to take advantage with home ice and line matchups.

Blash is leaning on Hank and Pavel but let's see someone not named Hank or Pavel step up. Larkin showed flashes in Game 2.

Mrazek in for Howard...Howard wasn't the problem in Tampa but a change might flip the mojo. I'd rather see them try something different than fail doing the same thing over and over.

Yeah with Howard not playing super sharp you might as well use it to inject some energy in the team. And who knows, maybe Mrazek takes the opportunity and wins the series for us.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
As far as I'm concerned, this is where Blashill shows whether he has ANY hope to become a decent NHL coach. Tampa has one line that is killing us. We have home ice. You have one job: neutralize the Johnson/Kucherov line. If we do that, we can beat Tampa.

I wanted him to put together a dedicated shutdown line and it looks like he has done that with Abby-Glendening-Sheahan. So that is good. But with Blashill's ice time distribution you never know, that line could be playing a different lineup and he could go with Ol' Man Z against Johnson which would be a bloodbath.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Howard was part of the problem if you ask me. He didn't make any confidence-inspiring saves. Even on routine saves, he didn't look sure of himself. Plus he basically let in 5 goals. Yeah, one was called back on a technicality, but the offsides really had no bearing on the puck getting past him. Not saying it's his fault or anything, but this is the playoffs. You need to bring something more.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Howard was part of the problem if you ask me. He didn't make any confidence-inspiring saves. Even on routine saves, he didn't look sure of himself. Plus he basically let in 5 goals. Yeah, one was called back on a technicality, but the offsides really had no bearing on the puck getting past him. Not saying it's his fault or anything, but this is the playoffs. You need to bring something more.

In the first period of game 2 he looked very fragile, to the point he was visibly shaken. I remember two saves specifically that if you only looked at his body language you would swear he gave up a goal.

I thought he settled down in the 2nd period, but you are right. Howard didn't look comfortable with the defense, and they looked nervous with him in goal.

Ingvar

Jan 16, 2016
Moscow
Today is the boom-or-bust game. These Red Wings are not reverse sweeping TBL. If the players don't come out like their life depends on this game, I'll be severely disappointed.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I don't think Howie was bad in the first 2 but Petrs ability to move the puck is huge with this sad D. Let's hope it's enough. Curious about the shutdown line, may not be fast enough. Can always switch Sheahan and Helm.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Smith is in. Quincey out. Goldie Howe hat trick for Smith tonight? Wings win 3-2 Smith, Nyquist,AA.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that was autocorrect. Please Edit Howe's first name, it is hurting my eyes.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say that was autocorrect. Please Edit Howe's first name, it is hurting my eyes.

Oops. My apologies for my poor typing skills and vision. It's not easy getting old, I know how Z, D and

Kronwall feel.

TuliIsoJytky

Apr 17, 2016
Good. We're not winning the series so all I can ask is to see some entertaining hockey. And IMO Playoff-Smith in one of the most exciting players we have. And after last game things are probably getting dirty so Smith is needed.

invsb

Mar 7, 2016
never been so unexcited for a playoff game before.

Enjoy the streak Holland & Co. Great first round fodder team.

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Oops. My apologies for my poor typing skills and vision. It's not easy getting old, I know how Z, D and

Kronwall feel.

No problem, it was an innocent mistake. Reading Goldie made me feel dirty, like I need a shower. If I could turn back time and watch anyone in their prime, Howe is my first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad