Pre-Game Talk: Game #3 (finally!) - Canucks @ Oilers - Friday October 17th 630pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk Mclean

Jan 30, 2013
Vancouver
Losing this game would be really depressing because I've watched the Oilers a couple times this week and had a lot of laughs at their expense. Not sure if I could handle my team actually losing to them.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Just realized I lost my sanity. I was under the impression pre-game talk was shortened to PGT and I didn't realize that it was identical to the post-game thread acronym. Pre-Game Talk, GDT (Game Day Thread), PGT (Post-Game Thread).... got it. Stupid oversight.

Where is hockey...

At least you gained your insanity, so it wasn't a total loss. :D

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Well on paper we should win, so I'm hoping for a paper view game.

post-28035-youre-very-good-you-you-unders-HcoL.gif

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Hehe Oilers only team in the West without a win so far lol just Oilers being the Oilers... Rebuild for life

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
unlike the kings who seem hell bent on burying the oilers for daring to even play them, the canucks always seem to try to take these games off because its the oilers.

It's one of the main thing I was really hoping would change under new management and coaching for this team. That "we play down to the level of lesser foes" attribute the Canucks have had for so long. When you add that to the "don't really see the point of trying to score once we're up by a goal or two" thing the Canucks have had for the last 10 years, trouble can brew in a hurry.

So yeah, we'll see. Hoping to see that change this season, and these are the kinds of games that I watch closely for that very reason.

yoss

May 25, 2011
You know when arguments start breaking out over whether GDT stands for game day thread, game discussion thread or game day talk that there has been far too much time in between games.

Go Nucks! ... Eventually!

Please win against the Oilers, it might be doing both teams a favor and I'm not sure I could stomach watching us be the first team to lose to them plus it would be so perfect and hilarious if they lose again.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Wait..Mae have to pay to watch this game tomorrow? What the **** happened? I thought all games where being played by rogers, what's this pay per view deal

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
It will be interesting to see if Desjardins has the team up for this one. I hope he chooses to start Lack. It will be interesting to see how the team plays in front of him.

CP

Thou shalt not Tank
Mar 8, 2008
I'm GDT of waiting for the Canucks to play again.

(Gosh Darn Tired)

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Wait what in the world is Sportsnet Vancouver? Is that the overflow channel they used a few times last year that was buried somewhere in the 300-range in the shaw guide?

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
its on the PPV channels

Wow is this real life? I can't believe we actually have to pay for our THIRD game after waiting almost a week. I haven't heard anything about this PPV crap all year.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
Wow is this real life? I can't believe we actually have to pay for our THIRD game after waiting almost a week. I haven't heard anything about this PPV crap all year.

Me too, hope we don't have to pay for it, isn't this what I'm already paying for with all these Sportsnet channels?

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
It's not pay-per-view. It's Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey, an overflow channel that Sportsnet uses during the early portions of the season, when the MLB playoffs are still on.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
It's not pay-per-view. It's Sportsnet Vancouver Hockey, an overflow channel that Sportsnet uses during the early portions of the season, when the MLB playoffs are still on.

K that's what I thought, thank you. Panic and anger subsiding. I believe it's somewhere in the 300 channel area btw if anyone is lost looking for it tomorrow.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
In the past it's been on 302 for me on Shaw ( for free of course)... . Likely the same Friday.
Just like the beginning of the Oiler- Coyotes game went to Sportsnet Oilers while the Flames game ran long on SN West.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Rumor has it Nazzy is gonna be in edmonton for some reason.

You know what this means!.

IntangiBo

Aug 15, 2014
Losing this game would be really depressing because I've watched the Oilers a couple times this week and had a lot of laughs at their expense. Not sure if I could handle my team actually losing to them.

You could laugh at them getting points and playing themselves out of the #1 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad