GDT: Game 3: Detroit Red Wings vs. kings | 10/17/2022 | 7 PM ET (BSD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Bert is out 4-6 weeks. It has been fun watching this team so far, let's keep it going!

Screenshot (1).png

Last edited:
Reactions: Nut Upstrom

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
I'd be shocked if Bert isn't out for a long time.

Suter isn't showing much so I hope Zadina and Veleno slot into the lineup instead.
Agree. Veleno should slot back in, but my guess is that Suter will probably be showcased a bit more to raise his value up. Otherwise, he's a dead asset.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Is that what Lalonde listed him as day to day? If so that's great news and hopefully is just badly swollen and no break.
Unless there has been an update from Lalonde today (which I doubt since it is an off day) after the game Lalonde specifically said we won't know til Monday.

I imagine it is swollen and typically they need to let that go down before you can get a true evaluation. Unless someone has a good slo-mo iso that impact could have been lower forearm, wrist, back of hand. It could be anything from a broken arm, to f***ed wrist, to broken hand, to a bad bruise.

Kubalik gonna stick on top line?
Short of slotting Zadina or Veleno straight to the top line, bumping up Kuba makes the most sense with least impact to the rest of the roster.

Kuba - Lark - Ray
Perron - Copp - Vrana
Tall Guys
Zadina - Veleno - Erne

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Kubalik gonna stick on top line?
While Bert is out, absolutely. He can slot anywhere in top 9 role, as well as creating a "scoring" 4th line that can harass the puck as well as put it in the net. I think Kubalik, along with the Husso trade, are the two crowning moves of the offseason, so far. And that's without Copp being up to speed and Chiarot being as advertised, or perhaps, better than advertised.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Is that what Lalonde listed him as day to day? If so that's great news and hopefully is just badly swollen and no break.
Every source has him day to day including the OP of this thread.

N0cturne

Jul 10, 2022
I think Vrana and Razor have some natural chemistry and want to see them together more. Something tells me Perron would work very well with the trees, but I know some wouldn't want to change that line.

Vrana - Lark - Raymond
Kubalik - Copp- Zadina
Perron - Ras - Soderblom
Sundvqist- Valeno - Erne

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I think Vrana and Razor have some natural chemistry and want to see them together more. Something tells me Perron would work very well with the trees, but I know some wouldn't want to change that line.

Vrana - Lark - Raymond
Kubalik - Copp- Zadina
Perron - Ras - Soderblom
Sundvqist- Valeno - Erne
Raymond has chemistry with everyone because he's got high hockey IQ. If Zadina is on the top 6, he's the one that needs to be playing with Vrana because Zadina has chemistry with nobody else. He did look decent when playing with Vrana because it really simplifies his game to just getting him the puck then finding open ice.

I doubt Fester will put Zadina on the top 6 after scratching him, I wouldn't be surprised if both Suter and Veleno play instead, and the 4th line becomes a warm body line of Suter/Veleno/Erne.

Reactions: 14ari13

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
He wouldn't be day to day if it's broken. Probably badly bruised and swollen.

Hope Joey is playing, don't really care about Suter/Zadina.
Yeah, I hope thats the case. I've had a similar injury where even the doctor thought both of my legs were broken until the XRays came back clean. Was almost 2 weeks before I back to 100%. I hope Bert takes time to heal fully and doesn't Stephen Weiss his return.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah, I hope thats the case. I've had a similar injury where even the doctor thought both of my legs were broken until the XRays came back clean. Was almost 2 weeks before I back to 100%. I hope Bert takes time to heal fully and doesn't Stephen Weiss his return.
I dropped a heavy automotive part on my foot and chipped a bone. Only time I've ever broken a bone. Went to the ER because it swelled up something bad....

Yeah, so even chumps like us (non professional athletes) go to the ER and get x-rayed right away when there's a suspected break. I know they said update on Monday, but I figured they would have said if it was broken because I'm sure he's already had it x-rayed. Anyways, he's listed day to day as of right now.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
They just put day-to-day until they know. Right now it's Schroedinger's wrist, it's both broken and not.
My dental hygienist showed me an x-ray of my chipped tooth in seconds. They're digital now, she just had to put it on the screen for me. Technology has come a long way....

Of course he could still be out for a while if he bruised the crap out of the bone or has soft tissue damage, but I'm assuming it's not broken. We'll find out for sure later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad