GDT: Game #3: Dallas Stars @ St. Louis Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Seriously. For a band that uses female leads, they pick the BEST female leads. I was hesitant when Angela stepped down, but then I heard Alissa. Holy ****. Arch Enemy 4tw. You know much about In Flames?

Come Clarity pretty much WAS my workout list for the past few years. So many good memories tied to that album. I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about it. :innocent::blush:

A lot of fans hate their later albums (Soundtrack to Your Escape, Come Clarity, Sounds of a Playground Fading, etc.), but I see the beauty in both their early catalog (The Jester Race, Clayman, Lunar Strain) and their later stuff.

Spicy Panger

Jan 17, 2015
Ouch, I posted that link hoping it'd give you guys some mojo after beating the Hawks. Instead, I get **** on. I probably should have expected that.

Zero animosity to you here, and no ******** on intended. All in good fun :)

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Ouch, I posted that link hoping it'd give you guys some mojo after beating the Hawks. Instead, I get **** on. I probably should have expected that.

Bah, your fine.

As for goal songs. I'm fine with tradition. Unless something organically comes along...leave it alone.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Come Clarity pretty much WAS my workout list for the past few years. So many good memories tied to that album. I get all warm and fuzzy thinking about it. :innocent::blush:

A lot of fans hate their later albums (Soundtrack to Your Escape, Come Clarity, Sounds of a Playground Fading, etc.), but I see the beauty in both their early catalog (The Jester Race, Clayman, Lunar Strain) and their later stuff.

Oh my god thank you. All I can find is people praising their earlier work, or their later stuff, never both. Nobody seems to realize that it's all been fantastic. I'm a bigger fan of the later albums, but their early stuff was gold as well. I own all of them.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis

Sorry about that, by the way, you're fine. It's not your fault I have psychological problems (trying to decide if that's related to being a Blues fan or not :laugh: ).

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
I saw them open for Opeth and Mastodon a few years ago and fell in love with them. They put on an amazing show.

I nearly drove to Chicago to see them when they came to the U.S. I'm jealous. That album is brilliant.

I really like Opeth and a lot of Mastodon too. Sounds like a pretty awesome show.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
You got to see Opeth and Mastodon? Oh I hate you now.

I saw Opeth on their Watershed and Heritage tours. I don't care much for Heritage so that concert wasn't all that great. I saw Mastodon with Dethklok, which was one of the best concerts I've ever been to, where they played Crack the Skye in full. It's the concert that made me a fan of Mastodon. I also saw them on their The Hunter and Blood Mountain tours. I didn't care for them much back then so the shows were whatever.

The best show I've been to was either Fear Factory or Tool. Fear Factory was crazy energetic and the Tool shows I went to were out-of-this-world experiences. The most disappointing was Rush, just because Geddy Lee's voice is basically broken.

I got to go to a lot of shows while living near Seattle and St. Louis, now I don't get to see anyone because I live in the middle of nowhere.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Zero animosity to you here, and no ******** on intended. All in good fun :)

I know it's all in good fun, that's why I put up Chelsea Dagger. :laugh:

You guys have to give me grief for that one, this is what makes a good rivalry, right? Two teams on equal footing...it's damn fun to watch.

Meatball

Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Oh my god thank you. All I can find is people praising their earlier work, or their later stuff, never both. Nobody seems to realize that it's all been fantastic. I'm a bigger fan of the later albums, but their early stuff was gold as well. I own all of them.

I'll be honest, their early work is great because it pretty much created a genre (along with At the Gates and Dark Tranquillity), but their later work is just plain fun to listen to.

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
Sorry about that, by the way, you're fine. It's not your fault I have psychological problems (trying to decide if that's related to being a Blues fan or not :laugh: ).

Nah, I get it. You guys have a deep seated hatred for that song, that's half the reason I threw it out there. :sarcasm:

Venthon

Nov 11, 2014
I saw Opeth on their Watershed and Heritage tours. I don't care much for Heritage so that concert wasn't all that great. I saw Mastodon with Dethklok, which was one of the best concerts I've ever been to, where they played Crack the Skye in full. It's the concert that made me a fan of Mastodon. I also saw them on their The Hunter and Blood Mountain tours. I didn't care for them much back then so the shows were whatever.

The best show I've been to was either Fear Factory or Tool. Fear Factory was crazy energetic and the Tool shows I went to were out-of-this-world experiences. The most disappointing was Rush, just because Geddy Lee's voice is basically broken.

I got to go to a lot of shows while living near Seattle and St. Louis, now I don't get to see anyone because I live in the middle of nowhere.

My god I hate you more now. You got to see Tool live, you *******!

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Haha all in good fun

tumblr_o6mxz31tpe1uhf9oxo2_540.gif

For the record, I love the Blues goal song. Hope we never change it!

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
Took a screen grab from a gif. Tried to time it right. Don't know if anyone has made one since I got off here. If so, sorry.

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
There are definitely worse around the league. I'm biased sure, but the Blues goal song is terrible. Gotta step it up.

I think Metallica "One" should be our new goal song :yo: It should start at 4:33/4:34 mark and play the drum/guitar riff obviously without the movie dialogue playing in the background
heavy-metal-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad