GDT: Game 3: Coyotes @ Canadiens - 4:30 PM

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
KConn missed all of camp. Can we stop moaning about how bad he was in blow-out game as part of a total team meltdown? Most of our players were dog **** in Ottawa. The rusty guy fresh off an injury wasn't great. I'd say that was to be expected.

My only complaint about Schenn is that he's getting too many minutes on that 2nd pair and it's exposing his weaknesses. Solution? Give him more minutes on the top pair.

Totally agee

Murphy is the second most valuable defenseman in the entire organization at any level.

And there lies the problem.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Totally agee

And there lies the problem.

Why's that a problem? Murphy is progressing more and more. Go to other forums and pretty much every team wants Murphy. He's a very solid, young RHD with untapped offensive potential. He isn't a shut down D because that's all he can do, he is used that way to help OEL out.

You clearly have an issue with Murphy. I'd love to know why that is.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Why's that a problem? Murphy is progressing more and more. Go to other forums and pretty much every team wants Murphy. He's a very solid, young RHD with untapped offensive potential. He isn't a shut down D because that's all he can do, he is used that way to help OEL out.

You clearly have an issue with Murphy. I'd love to know why that is.

Sure he progressing, he is still young, but in my opinion is will never be a first pairing Dman.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Schenn with OEL? What the ****?!?!?

If 99% of your breakouts on OEL's pairing go through OEL, and you expect the team to generally have the puck when he is on the ice, putting him with Schenn isn't totally crazy. It's actually an interesting balance experiment.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
If 99% of your breakouts on OEL's pairing go through OEL, and you expect the team to generally have the puck when he is on the ice, putting him with Schenn isn't totally crazy. It's actually an interesting balance experiment.

Honestly this seems to be exactly what helped Murphy improve. Murph is just quicker and rangier with his raw skill. Still could be interesting.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Wonder how Stone is progressing? Word before training camp was that he was already skating. Should be close, but I've never destroyed my knee before.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Wonder how Stone is progressing? Word before training camp was that he was already skating. Should be close, but I've never destroyed my knee before.

One of the tweets in the OP mentions that he could potentially play on this road trip.

SEE I'm on top of SOME things _Del_ :P

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Took work off today so I'll be watching live. Let's go yotes!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
There was a lot of try in that GDT, sometimes the bounces don't go you're way you know? But sometimes your chasing the post, got behind early ya know and maybe you're gettin chances you can execute better on. Ya just gotta capitalize the next time and things'll go you're way.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Murphy came on the moment the puck cross the redline. Might be the plan.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Future Coyote Desharnais (ask the trade board) gets a wide open chance on Domingue.

So far on the chances the Coyotes have had to get zone time it's been 1 and done.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The audio mix on Sportsnet is like NHL 95. Crowd noise is way, way up and muffled.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Schenn with a very calm, safe chip back to OEL. So far, so good.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
You just know White is going to take a really dumb penalty going after Mitchell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad