Injured
Andrighetto, Nemeth

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Who gets the start, Korpisalo or Bob? :naughty:

**BONUS Question**: tribute video for both Calvert and Cole or just Calvert??

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Sounds like Landeskog is injured and probably won't play. Grubauer in net - hopefully the Jackets think he's wearing a Caps jersey and light him up.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Saw both Avs games this season, so 4:1 Avs, even though Landeskog is out. Jackets have a good chance to go 0-3 this week.

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
Same as it ever was! Team can't score, so put guys with some scoring potential on the 4th line. Just like last year. Staple Milano, Oliver and anyone else who can score to the bench. Give as much toi to Foligno, Wenny, or any other scoring challenged guy you can.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Same as it ever was! Team can't score, so put guys with some scoring potential on the 4th line. Just like last year. Staple Milano, Oliver and anyone else who can score to the bench. Give as much toi to Foligno, Wenny, or any other scoring challenged guy you can.
Amazing others can’t see this . Agree 100%. Don’t forget Torts also thought William Karlsson was a checker , and utilized him that way . Nevermind the fact he saw him in practice daily for 2 yrs

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Foligno and Wennberg don't deserve 2nd line TOI until they get their heads out of their asses. Bjork has looked miles better than either of them.

Torts "not giving his vets any handouts" is such a bunch of bull****.
So Milano , Bjorkstrand, Anderson are out there working on there game this Am . Appearantly Wennberg feels he doesn’t need to be out there . Torts is so full of shit

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I hope 3 things happen...

1. We win the game, and the arena is near full.
2. Calvert gets a welcome back tribute and a standing O
3. He scores a gritty goal.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Foligno and Wennberg don't deserve 2nd line TOI until they get their heads out of their asses. Bjork has looked miles better than either of them.

Torts "not giving his vets any handouts" is such a bunch of bull****.

I don't think Bjorkstrand has looked that good either. He has done just about nothing, only 2 shots on goal. "2nd line TOI" shouldn't be a thing if we have a true 4 scoring line setup. Although in this case with Bjorkstrand on a line with Sonny and Sedsy, he obviously is going to have limited minutes.

Amazing others can’t see this . Agree 100%. Don’t forget Torts also thought William Karlsson was a checker , and utilized him that way . Nevermind the fact he saw him in practice daily for 2 yrs

He was a defensive player, his goal output made Wennberg and Dubinsky look great by comparison. And this whole concept of - "he's on the 4th line, Torts must be forcing him to be a checker" is decades out of date. The 4th line is not a checking line. It should be a scoring line. There is no grind line these days. The problem with Milano-Sedlak-Bjorkstrand is that it is obviously a leftovers line and Torts probably won't give them much ice time.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I don't think Bjorkstrand has looked that good either. He has done just about nothing, only 2 shots on goal. "2nd line TOI" shouldn't be a thing if we have a true 4 scoring line setup. Although in this case with Bjorkstrand on a line with Sonny and Sedsy, he obviously is going to have limited minutes.

He was a defensive player, his goal output made Wennberg and Dubinsky look great by comparison. And this whole concept of - "he's on the 4th line, Torts must be forcing him to be a checker" is decades out of date. The 4th line is not a checking line. It should be a scoring line. There is no grind line these days. The problem with Milano-Sedlak-Bjorkstrand is that it is obviously a leftovers line and Torts probably won't give them much ice time.
This is my main issue. Torts is going to give Wennberg-Foligno 10-12 minutes more ice time than Bjork. Bjork hasn't been great, but at the Wings game he was throwing the body around and winning battles along the boards. Wennberg, on the other hand, was noticeably bad. I'm glad Duclair is moving up the lineup, but Bjork shouldn't have been the one demoted.

I still think Wennberg is a decent player, and I don't care that he doesn't shoot, but he doesn't seem like he cares that much. I generally don't like to anoint saviors, but the sooner we can package him for an upgrade and have Stenlund take a C spot, the better.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think Bjorkstrand has looked that good either. He has done just about nothing, only 2 shots on goal. "2nd line TOI" shouldn't be a thing if we have a true 4 scoring line setup. Although in this case with Bjorkstrand on a line with Sonny and Sedsy, he obviously is going to have limited minutes..

And therein lies the problem We have one scoring line. And now two of the guys who have goal scoring ability are banished to low ice time.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
All right. Good to see the Jackets called up the old offensive dynamo Sedlak for his 5 minutes TOI.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Please tell me that third pairing is a joke.

Please, Torts, do not play Carlsson-Harrington. Please.
Clendening-Kukan > > Carlsson-Harrington.....And the irony is Torts must realize this as he played Carlsson single digit minutes in game 1 while giving 6-14 decent double digit minutes in game 2.....must be he's counting on Harry to save the day.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I for one find it quite remarkable that we're kvetching about too many chances being given to vets over youngsters on the offense (thus not letting them develop and improve) and in the same breath kvetching about particular youngsters (who need time to develop and improve) getting any time at all on the defense.

Bonus Fun Fact: Bjorkstrand and Milano are both older than Carlsson. (23 and 22 versus 21)

Bonus Fun Fact #2: Dean Kukan, Adam Clendening, and Scott Harrington are all the same age as Ryan Murray. (25)

And if anyone here tries to spin the above as "Viqsi approves of this personnel deployment" I swear by all I hold holy I will hunt you down and make you pay dearly. I'd much rather have Bjorkstrand and Milano getting useful time and Carlsson alongside Clendening.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I for one find it quite remarkable that we're kvetching about too many chances being given to vets over youngsters on the offense (thus not letting them develop and improve) and in the same breath kvetching about particular youngsters (who need time to develop and improve) getting any time at all on the defense.

Bonus Fun Fact: Bjorkstrand and Milano are both older than Carlsson. (23 and 22 versus 21)

Bonus Fun Fact #2: Dean Kukan, Adam Clendening, and Scott Harrington are all the same age as Ryan Murray. (25)

And if anyone here tries to spin the above as "Viqsi approves of this personnel deployment" I swear by all I hold holy I will hunt you down and make you pay dearly. I'd much rather have Bjorkstrand and Milano getting useful time and Carlsson alongside Clendening.
Develop and improve ? Bjorkstrand was on fire last year ,before Torts said he needed to focus on checking. Milano was 2nd in the nhl for goals per minute played. Yet they get 7 minutes per night. Carlsson is simply because of injuries, period. Wennberg continues to suck, rarely shoots the puck, (although Torts has called him out in the media numerous times, makes threats he needs to do more, yet, pencil him in for 17 minutes per night. Foligno atleast plays hard, but 20 minutes per night for him. Milano and Bjork are not developing at 7 minutes per night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad