GDT: Game 3: CBJ at St. Louis Blues - The Gauntlet Continues.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
They were playing another good road period until Werenski fumbles a bad pass by Boqvist and a 4 on 2 commences. And of course the follow up goal was a brutal turnover with the Voracek line by Gudbranson

1st play it wasn't a good pass from Boqvist, who everyone knows I don't think highly of, but I'm blaming the whole top line there. Our D got back and it was a 4 on 2 with no support from our top line.

2nd play I wouldn't call it a good pass from Guddy but Voracek (who is the down low forward) still has time to recover defensively and he doesn't. He is just hoping the puck gets out and lets Neighbors go to the net. Sillinger and Bean are just scrambling to cover for that mistake.

We have some forwards that are demoralized / tired / lazy / something else and not doing their job defensively.

It went off of Chinakov's stick. More like blindly bashing one of our players because everybody else is doing it.

It didn't get that far, Chinakhov didn't touch it.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1st play it wasn't a good pass from Boqvist, who everyone knows I don't think highly of, but I'm blaming the whole top line there. Our D got back and it was a 4 on 2 with no support from our top line.
I think they had been out there a while and were out of gas. Not excusing the lack of backcheck (especially from Gaudreau) but it just amplifies how bad the pass/fumble was.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

2nd play I wouldn't call it a good pass from Guddy but Voracek (who is the down low forward) still has time to recover defensively and he doesn't. He is just hoping the puck gets out and lets Neighbors go to the net. Sillinger and Bean are just scrambling to cover for that mistake.

We have some forwards that are demoralized / tired / lazy / something else and not doing their job defensively.

It didn't get that far, Chinakhov didn't touch it.
Honestly, every player on defense stinks right now. I've seen half-hearted or half-witted plays by all of them this week. Andrew Peeke might be the lone exception.

Reactions: majormajor

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
The worst part about this loss is that outside of the penalty kill, the 1st and 2nd was probably the best they played in the 1st 3 games. But then the worst period of hockey so far in the 3rd cost them. I'm not ready to jump off the ledge yet, but I've walked too the edge. Tuesday is extremely important

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
The worst part about this loss is that outside of the penalty kill, the 1st and 2nd was probably the best they played in the 1st 3 games. But then wors my period of hockey so far is the 3rd cost them. I'm not ready to jump off the ledge yet, but I've walked too the edge. Tuesday is extremely important
I’m almost At the same spot. Looking forward to going to Tuesday’s game for that reason :D

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I watched only with spot checks on the Jackets game and realize I made the wise choice to watch the Guardians who won an exciting game while showing lots of heart.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I don’t have any problem with it, yea, it will be hard to be worse than Chicago or Arizona, but I hardly expected a winning season

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
It seems to me that the expectations for this team are unrealistic right now. We are going to suck for at least for the start of the season before our young/new guys figure it out and Laine gets back.

It’s a long season and we may be able to dig ourselves out of the hole that we’ll probably be in 10-15 games from now. Anyhow, this is not a catastrophe yet, and we shouldn’t bring out the pitchforks yet. Just give it some for this group to form an identity and wait for a proper first line to lead the way.

Just accept that we are going to get owned by superior teams until this team has gelled and our top guns are playing and firing. I think that we should be realistic with our expectations at this moment. We should rise from here sooner or later during this season.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
It seems to me that the expectations for this team are unrealistic right now. We are going to suck for at least for the start of the season before our young/new guys figure it out and Laine gets back.

It’s a long season and we may be able to dig ourselves out of the hole that we’ll probably be in 10-15 games from now. Anyhow, this is not a catastrophe yet, and we shouldn’t bring out the pitchforks yet. Just give it some for this group to form an identity and wait for a proper first line to lead the way.

Just accept that we are going to get owned by superior teams until this team has gelled and our top guns are playing and firing. I think that we should be realistic with our expectations at this moment. We should rise from here sooner or later during this season.
Yo, pass me some of that sunshine.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Pace for letting 382goals in a season. This team is horribly bad. Top 5 pick incoming, really dont care anymore about picks, 22years and 5-7 of them are good seasons.

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad