GDT: Game 3 Bruins@Montreal Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I live here.

I know the Pens chances against the Bruins are NIL in a Conference Final, and yet I'm praying for the Bruins to win. This is how much I can't stand their team and their fans.

Irreversibly nauseating.

I like you.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
good lord, i was fully prepared to say lucic plays like a moron sometimes but THAT is what they are complaining about? and AFTER emelin cross checked him? that is precisely why i hate montreal.

Jesus, if that's what they whine to the press about...especially after the highstick one of our guys in the face (uncalled), crosscheck our guys into the boards (uncalled) and crosscheck our guys after the game.

It's all posturing. They want even more calls...if that's possible.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I like you.

I always want the Penguins to win, but the next closest thing I root for is all the teams I can't stand to be gone so I can just enjoy the playoffs.

Habs fans are like the girl who used to be hot, but 30 years later thinks that everyone is still jealous even though she's wrinkly and looks like ****.

member 96824

I live here.

I know the Pens chances against the Bruins are NIL in a Conference Final, and yet I'm praying for the Bruins to win. This is how much I can't stand their team and their fans.

Irreversibly nauseating.

I have no idea if you're talking about the Penguins or if you're talking about the Habs.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I always want the Penguins to win, but the next closest thing I root for is all the teams I can't stand to be gone so I can just enjoy the playoffs.

Habs fans are like the girl who used to be hot, but 30 years later thinks that everyone is still jealous even though she's wrinkly and looks like ****.

Perfect analogy, they haven't been relevant in ages yet think they are so entitled (for the most part). Obviously there are exceptions, even on here (Whitesnake is great, le tricolore (sp?) is a solid poster) but for the most part they are an obnoxious group.

Take the guy on the last page for example :laugh:

It's like bro, you won game 3, do you remember how the last series you played against us went? It is almost like they have an affinity for punishment and let down.

member 96824

Perfect analogy, they haven't been relevant in ages yet think they are so entitled (for the most part). Obviously there are exceptions, even on here (Whitesnake is great, le tricolore (sp?) is a solid poster) but for the most part they are an obnoxious group.

It's like bro, you won game 3, do you remember how the last series you played against us went? It is almost like they have an affinity for punishment and let down.

I saw Whitesnake's trolling here minutes into post game. It got taken down very quickly...but still, Sickening. No matter what, they're still Habs fans at the core.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I have no idea if you're talking about the Penguins or if you're talking about the Habs.

Habs.

Penguins have ZERO chance against the Bruins, yet I'm still rooting for the Bruins. My Habs hatred runs deep.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
This is the series thus far.

851784381.gif

VS

851787769.gif

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010

It's not just the fans, it's the media.

I don't know how they are in covering the Pats, Sox, but I know from what I read and hear as far as radio and "print" are concerned is that the guys covering the Bruins are big time homers and cheerleaders for the most part. I don't like it, but they hardly deny it, so it's okay for the most part.

The difference here is that there's this elitist, hockey snobbery in the MTL media where the guys will deny until they're blue in the face that they're homers, but end up being just as bad when it comes to their biases. For me, there's no real difference between openly cheering and cheering in silence other than keeping appearances.

And the fans, who proclaim themselves to be hockey experts are anything but. 90% of the callers on MTL radio are simply clueless, and the hosts have to awkwardly try to walk them through most calls. They're Habs fans, not hockey fans. Big difference.

Just please, please take care of business this upcoming week so I can enjoy the hockey.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't want to generalize and say the majority of Habs fans are horrible, but...

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Does anyone else think that we should move up Krug?

Chara / Hamilton
Krug / Boychuk
Bart / Miller

or maybe

Chara / Boychuk (He should play against Vanek as he can hit him)
Bart / Hamilton
Krug / Miller

qc

Aug 23, 2011
I expected this to go to 7 games. Last night was maddening, but I'm surprised at the amount of folks already issuing last rites to this team.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I was just coming in to say I think they need to get Paille off the 3rd and that gif is there waiting. No slight on Paille but the 3rd line IMO has looked lost really with him on it.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I was just coming in to say I think they need to get Paille off the 3rd and that gif is there waiting. No slight on Paille but the 3rd line IMO has looked lost really with him on it.

I agree; I like him better on the 4th line.

I think it's time to try Florek again...unless there is another option.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I saw Whitesnake's trolling here minutes into post game. It got taken down very quickly...but still, Sickening. No matter what, they're still Habs fans at the core.

really? That's a shame, i liked WS

I expected this to go to 7 games. Last night was maddening, but I'm surprised at the amount of folks already issuing last rites to this team.

If they lose game 4 though...woof

I can't see them winning three straight against the habs. The habs are too experienced and are well coached enough where that just wont happen

fragk

May 1, 2014
Lachenaie, QC
People around the league really give too much flak to Boston fans.

People don't realize that we're all fans and are all subject to a little passion. We wouldn't be fans if we weren't! Most B's fans I've met in Montreal were all very passionate and friendly.

There are bad apples on either side, but i wouldn't call them true fans. Most of those don't know hockey very well and hop on every bandwagon that comes along.

So, ignore those people like I do and keep on the great rivalry! :yo:

EDIT: oh and btw, any Habs fan saying this series is already won is clearly delusional and should watch another sport.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Does anyone else think that we should move up Krug?

Chara / Hamilton
Krug / Boychuk
Bart / Miller

or maybe

Chara / Boychuk (He should play against Vanek as he can hit him)
Bart / Hamilton
Krug / Miller

This. Krug has been effective against a speedy Habs team, Bart/Mez/Miller have looked in over their heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce