GDT: Game 3 Bruins@Montreal Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Do you blame them tho?
I mean, it seems like Montreal just wants it more.

I know it's natural for us to overreact after an abysmal showing vs our enemies, but I personally expected the series to go this way. All year long we quietly discussed how poorly we matchup against MTL, and I think nothing has changed in that regard.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Bruins were in this exact same situation against this team 3 years ago and went on to win the Cup.

I'm not saying the same thing is going to happen, but these guys know what they need to do and they need to stop talking about it and just do it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Bruins were in this exact same situation against this team 3 years ago and went on to win the Cup.

I'm not saying the same thing is going to happen, but these guys know what they need to do and they need to stop talking about it and just do it.

we need mike ryder to come up big again tomorrow

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
People around the league really give too much flak to Boston fans.

People don't realize that we're all fans and are all subject to a little passion. We wouldn't be fans if we weren't! Most B's fans I've met in Montreal were all very passionate and friendly.

There are bad apples on either side, but i wouldn't call them true fans. Most of those don't know hockey very well and hop on every bandwagon that comes along.

So, ignore those people like I do and keep on the great rivalry! :yo:

EDIT: oh and btw, any Habs fan saying this series is already won is clearly delusional and should watch another sport.

I like you.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I say Eriksson takes a long Mezsaros pass in stride to rip one top shelf on price, then Hamilton scores on a slapper from the point and gives the bell center the finger.

You think they'll dress Eriksson? He is probably rusty after sitting out the la.....what's that you say?

Bull-****.

Nicklechauve

May 7, 2014
Montreal
It's not just the fans, it's the media.

I don't know how they are in covering the Pats, Sox, but I know from what I read and hear as far as radio and "print" are concerned is that the guys covering the Bruins are big time homers and cheerleaders for the most part. I don't like it, but they hardly deny it, so it's okay for the most part.

The difference here is that there's this elitist, hockey snobbery in the MTL media where the guys will deny until they're blue in the face that they're homers, but end up being just as bad when it comes to their biases. For me, there's no real difference between openly cheering and cheering in silence other than keeping appearances.

And the fans, who proclaim themselves to be hockey experts are anything but. 90% of the callers on MTL radio are simply clueless, and the hosts have to awkwardly try to walk them through most calls. They're Habs fans, not hockey fans. Big difference.

Just please, please take care of business this upcoming week so I can enjoy the hockey.

Well, as a Canadien fan, I believe you are wrong and right. Wrong because the media and fans in Montreal are not more biased than any other city medias or fan bases. That said, you are right that many fans proclaims themselves hockey expert, but are not and know only what relates to their favorite team.

I took Boston to win in 7...think this will still be the case. I'm not that bandwagoner saying the Canadien, althought I think they have a better team than most would think, would take the serie. They proved me wrong so far, but I still believe this is Boston year. But guys, they will have to play a lot better than they did in the first games.

It reminds me of our playoffs last year when we refused to adjust to the Ottawa senators saying all the time we were the better team, that we had more scoring chances and that eventually the puck would be rolling for us....guess what, we were almost sweapt.

So don,t blame refs, missed scoring chances and anything except the fact that the tactic deployed by your team isn't efficient so far.

You are the better team, you should win it.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
How about taking the lead into the 3rd?

I would settle for a tie game after two or even being 1 goal down. That would already be an improvement over the last three games...

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I regret ever hoping for these two teams to meet in the playoffs. Can't even focus on the game because everyone's trying to make **** up off the ice. It's unbearable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce