Post-Game Talk: GAME 3 - BRUINS 3 Sharks 1

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Outside of Ovi and #88, what NHL winger doesn't need a playmaking center?
A66EE4B7-4835-40A1-A060-265AA1481BDD.jpeg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Missed a couple
Ullmark his usual soft goal form
Overpaid JVR dragging this team down.
I love it. Never change

DeBrusk is the last player I am worried about. He's a slow starter. I'm giving him 10-15 games before I start to get concerned. As long as he keeps crushing it on the PK and playing hard every shift, i am happy.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Also, man, not to nitpick, but the hits stat is completely f***ed this year.

It wasn't an overly physical game but the Bruins probably had 15-20 hits instead of 6. Lucic had 3-4 alone and was credited with 2, McAvoy had a couple and was credited with none.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Zacha's game may have been one of the best I've seen for a forward who didn't put up a point.

Coyle also took a dumb offensive zone penalty a couple of minutes into th 3rd period.

Again, surprised by how good Shattekirk looked. Very heady with the puck.

Would like to see Debrusk start on his breakout, salary driven season.

As usual, lucky to have Ullmark in net.

I thought DeBrusk was good last night but like Zacha, didn't get on the scoresheet.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'd love to know what counts as a hit these days.
It's super weird. Up until this year teams were getting 20-25 hits a game (which seems a lot more realistic than 5-6)

Some people are saying that in order to be credited with a hit, it has to create a turnover (which was never, ever the case) - I'm nitpicking for sure but I'm genuinely curious to what's happening?

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Fell asleep during part of the game, but I thought most of the forwards weren't sharp save for JVR, Frederic and Zacha. Ullmark and the D all looked good as well, but that was a game the B's should have won easily. Brick especially was not impressed and I may be wrong, but it sounded like he was calling out the coaching staff as well for lack of preparation and attention to details.

And I'm wondering if Geekie knows the season started?

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Fell asleep during part of the game, but I thought most of the forwards weren't sharp save for JVR, Frederic and Zacha. Ullmark and the D all looked good as well, but that was a game the B's should have won easily. Brick especially was not impressed and I may be wrong, but it sounded like he was calling out the coaching staff as well for lack of preparation and attention to details.

Yeah pretty much all this last night.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm just hoping they don't get into the habit of trying to coast to victories when they're up a goal. It's a recipe for disaster, especially against good teams.

This team isn't as good or as talented as last years version so they should be playing hard for 60 minutes every night. That's not to say they're a bad team, they're not, but they can't be taking their foot off the gas pedal.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Man, this thread is really something else. While the team hasn’t played particularly great and hasn’t strung together a complete game with a full 60 minute effort, they’ve still won their 3 games played. To me, that’s something to be happy about. Imagine being so spoiled and entitled that you’re upset the team hasn’t won in an aesthetically pleasing enough way for your liking? Hilarious. HF board, don’t ever change….

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Man, this thread is really something else. While the team hasn’t played particularly great and hasn’t strung together a complete game with a full 60 minute effort, they’ve still won their 3 games played. To me, that’s something to be happy about. Imagine being so spoiled and entitled that you’re upset the team hasn’t won in an aesthetically pleasing enough way for your liking? Hilarious. HF board, don’t ever change….
Who's saying any of this? People are saying they're happy at the 3-0 start but there's still areas to improve on.

They're 3-0 against pretty bad hockey teams, and last nights effort left a lot to be desired. I don't think it's this insane take to say that last nights game in particular was pretty disappointing, especially after being called out by their coach for a lazy practice.

Literally no one is upset with a 3-0 start to the season.

Reactions: Gordoff

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Also, man, not to nitpick, but the hits stat is completely f***ed this year.

It wasn't an overly physical game but the Bruins probably had 15-20 hits instead of 6. Lucic had 3-4 alone and was credited with 2, McAvoy had a couple and was credited with none.
It really is.
Now watch a Leaf game and check the box score.

Matthews will somehow have 6-8 hits a game.

Reactions: Sheppy

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

team is s I expected. good defense but players like Debrusk wont put up big numbers with lack of center depth.

Reactions: LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Who's saying any of this? People are saying they're happy at the 3-0 start but there's still areas to improve on.

They're 3-0 against pretty bad hockey teams, and last nights effort left a lot to be desired. I don't think it's this insane take to say that last nights game in particular was pretty disappointing, especially after being called out by their coach for a lazy practice.

Literally no one is upset with a 3-0 start to the season.
Riiiight. :biglaugh:

You and I are clearly not reading the same thread, apparently. Not a surprise that's the case though.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011

I havent noticed in a bad way. But lets give him time to get acclimated. 3 games with a new team and a carousel of linemates.

May be a feeling out process for both him and Jimbo to figure out how to best utilize him on this team.

If you look at JVR, they knew he was the net front guy. Especially on the PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad