GDT: Game 3: Blues at Blackhawks 1/22/13 at 7:30 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carcus

May 25, 2012
St Louis
Blues are going to have a strong game tonight. The AMac, Steen, Frank line is going to continue to roll tonight against Crawford.

5-2 Blues with another goal & assist from Frank the Tank. :handclap:

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Interesting. Because on this page you really don't find people trashing the city of Chicago. I mean, if Hawks fans have a problem with Blues hockey, that's fine. That's hockey. But trashing a city? Sounds like you've run out of hockey things to ***** about.

There are plenty of people talking about hockey related things. Yeah there are some people trashing the city of St. Louis, but there are people here trashing Hawks fans too. Who gives a ****, it's part of the rivalry.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Interesting. Because on this page you really don't find people trashing the city of Chicago. I mean, if Hawks fans have a problem with Blues hockey, that's fine. That's hockey. But trashing a city? Sounds like you've run out of hockey things to ***** about.

I went to grad school in STL and have fond memories. Including getting thrown out of Game 2 of Hawks/Blues in 2002. :shakehead

MissouriBlues2008

Jan 15, 2009
I've always heard that Chicago looks down on St. Louis like New York looks down on Chicago.

I've heard crap online from Chicagoans over the years about what a dump St. Louis is and what rednecks we are. Generally it's exaggerated and untrue. I think sometimes when you live in a city that large you forget your city has problems, too.

I prefer to build up my city than try to tear Chicago down, though I think Chicago is not any better than St. Louis. It's larger, but not necessarily better. I'd prefer to live in a city the size of St. Louis than a much larger city like Chicago. As far as their pizza, I tried Geno's cheeseburger pizza. 2/3 of it was sauce. It was awful. I'd rather have thin crust or the medium type of crust. Deep dish is gross. Visiting Chicago was nice, but I think a lot of it, like Wrigley Field and deep dish pizza, were overrated.

Here's a neat little St. Louis video
http://youtu.be/VkE-V2eKVbk

Last edited:

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I've always heard that Chicago looks down on St. Louis like New York looks down on Chicago.

I've heard crap online from Chicagoans over the years about what a dump St. Louis is and what rednecks we are. Generally it's exaggerated and untrue. I think sometimes when you live in a city that large you forget your city has problems, too.

I prefer to build up my city than try to tear Chicago down, though I think Chicago is not any better than St. Louis. It's larger, but not necessarily better.

Here's a neat little St. Louis video
http://youtu.be/VkE-V2eKVbk

I hear you, man. I've been to Chicago many times and I think it's a great city, spent an entire week on business and really enjoyed it.

But I've grown up in St. Louis and it just irks me a little when people trash it who haven't been there and know nothing about what all the city has. What can I say, I love my city! But whatever. It's all good.

On to more imprtant things; hockey. Like everyone else I think this will let us know where the Blues really stand. Hakws are always a challenge and seem to be stronger than last year, so far. Really looking foward to the game.

Last edited:

Sevanston

Dec 27, 2009
NYC
**** Kane
**** Toews
**** Carcillo
Hossa's Cool
... and **** Sharp
I'm out

hqdefault.jpg

edit: I know that Carcillo is out but I'd rather just leave him in there.

Anyone who can successfully reference Half Baked is cool by me, even if they're dissing my team.

ToniJ1960

Feb 18, 2009

Just remember, simple minds for simple people. If anyone goes to Imos or white castle and actually expects a representative issuance of the prime example of what that particular product COULD be, that kind of speaks for itself.

Anxious to see how Elliot does tonight I think Halak has to stay the #1 but wonder f Elliot has worked on things like the other players talked about as having got things together like Stewart etc. Is it reasonable to expect Elliot to improve at this stage of his career?

MissouriBlues2008

Jan 15, 2009
Meh I don't think there are any comments in their GDT that are that bad at all. And the things that were said happen in any rivalry between any teams. No big deal really.

I gotta admit I got a good chuckle out of this post:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=58095999&postcount=20

Anyways, should be a great physical game tonight.

I live in Southeast Missouri in/around the Mark Twain National Forest.

I admit I have some trashy neighbors (literally right next door), but most people I know are good people. There are kind, decent, good rednecks and there are trashy rednecks. Most people around here fall into the first category.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Honestly, I don't really care for all this bickering. Hawks fans can make fun of our team all they want, it's their GDT and their entitled to it. I don't like the Hawks, but I at least respect them as a team, and expect them to come out flying tonight.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
Blues win tonight boys come on! 4-2. The crowd will be loud obviously but I think it will work in our favor, well see.

Chicago has looked great but they played against two terrible goalies/unorganized teams. Did people even watch the games? Blues will play far better than the yotes or kings. Also, the Hawks have no depth. They have 2 lines. Im not buying into their defense against us either. We have more firepower than ever and we always have had close games.

Schwartz, Shatty, Berglund, Perron

Yes the defending Stanley Cup Champs, The Coyotes, Quick, and Smith, are all terrible...

Use the Schwartz*

Should be a great game against the Hawks tonight.

HOping Vlad the Impaler makes a victim of Crawford tonight.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Yes the defending Stanley Cup Champs, The Coyotes, Quick, and Smith, are all terrible...

I didn't really see the Kings game so I can't comment there but I watched the Yotes game and while Smith is a great goalie he really, really didn't have a good game at all. Wasn't the same Smith from last years playoffs.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
My point exactly, you are acting like Quick & Smith had good games........ They didn't....... The respective teams did not play like they did last season....... I would say awful compared to how they were playing in the playoffs, which is the teams everyone is referring to from those games...... Bottom line is the Yotes and kings who showed up for those games weren't the teams we would see normally..... Good luck tonight, you'll need it....

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008

Carcus

May 25, 2012
St Louis
Apparently you didnt see the same game i saw.......:shakehead:laugh:.........:shakehead:laugh:

Well, you did say they played against terrible goalies/unorganized teams.

They may have had bad games, but that doesn't make them terrible goalies/teams. Maybe they looked bad in their games because of the team they were playing???

Bottom line, I don't care. Going to be a fun game tonight.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
Well, you did say they played against terrible goalies/unorganized teams.

They may have had bad games, but that doesn't make them terrible goalies/teams. Maybe they looked bad in their games because of the team they were playing???

Bottom line, I don't care. Going to be a fun game tonight.
Since you had to begin with the smiles.....:rant:Are you confused? Did you watch the playoffs last year or the hawks games this season? I did :amazed:

Bottom line is it sucks to be a Hawks fan.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I don't think this game being their home opener is that big of a deal. The building is always crazy. The Hawks came out and stomped on the Kings and their building was pretty rockin' at the beginning. If we play better than the Hawks play, we will win. If we don't, we won't. It's as simple as that.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
I live in Southeast Missouri in/around the Mark Twain National Forest.

I admit I have some trashy neighbors (literally right next door), but most people I know are good people. There are kind, decent, good rednecks and there are trashy rednecks. Most people around here fall into the first category.

I hate to burst your bubble but southern Illinois if far more progressive than southern Missouri, instead of lamenting over the civil war they're preparing for the "race war."

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
Win or not tonight(we can't win them all) I want to see a more effective PK, another solid game from Cole, French Bashie knock off some more of their rust, no stupid penalties from Frenchie, at least one PP goal, and Jax knocking around Frodo ****** Baggins like he normally does.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'll be happy when the game starts so we can talk about something other than which state has the worst rednecks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad