GDT: Game 3: Blues at Blackhawks 1/22/13 at 7:30 CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Eh, I could do without the chest-thumping in the GDT. If Vancouver falters, the Blues/Blackhawks could well be the class of the Western Conference, battling it out for the top two spots. (The Kings have never had a great regular season, just eked into the playoffs and then got super hot at the right time.)

Tonight should be a good game, but I give the Blackhawks the edge this time.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Eh, I could do without the chest-thumping in the GDT. If Vancouver falters, the Blues/Blackhawks could well be the class of the Western Conference, battling it out for the top two spots. (The Kings have never had a great regular season, just eked into the playoffs and then got super hot at the right time.)

Tonight should be a good game, but I give the Blackhawks the edge this time.

Haha I was just messing with him because the Hawks fans were going pretty hard about how arrogant St. Louis fans are. So I showed him arrogance :D I don't have anything against the Hawks, and they're definitely a good team. I look forward to tonight's game. Blues and Hawks always play great games.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
We will find out about your Hawks Blues theory. We got a pretty good team up here too. Not all us Chicagoans are Cubs fans and I wouldn't hold your breath on the Rams either.

Congrats on the lower murder rate then us though. :handclap:

The Rams are going to be really good very soon. 4 #1 picks these next 2 years too. I was only messing with you guys anyway. I actually like Chicago a lot. We are up there all the time with my daughters soccer. The Hawks have a really good team. Their top 6 can play with anybody. If the Blues don't stay out of the box, the Hawks will make them pay early and often.

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
I don't hate Cubs fans. It's more like pity.

Agreed! :)

All kidding aside this was pretty classy...

130121093642_cubs.jpg

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Really hope the Blues get a little more aggressive on the PK. Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa etc. will eat us alive if we give them that much time and space.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
Really hope the Blues get a little more aggressive on the PK. Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa etc. will eat us alive if we give them that much time and space.

Our PK does need to improve, but Nashville is one of the best in the League on the PP.

The PK might have been nervous viewing, but we could very easily have had a goal or 2 from it last night, to add to the one on Saturday. It will be interesting to see if we are still as dangerous when it gets settled in.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Can't wait for this one, the top dogs of the central facing off. Should be good games every time we play them. I hope we beat them like they stole something but that won't happen.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
It doesn't matter how good/bad the Hawks are or how good/bad we are, I have always hated that franchise more than any other franchise in all sports by a mile.

But when we're both very good, it's definitely a lot more fun to hate them.

I completely agree about the Blues needing to be more aggressive on the PK, because it was tough to watch last night and the Hawks will completely eat that up. Think this one is a high scoring affair. Kinda have a bad feeling about it already but I think the Hawks will struggle in our building too. Would love to see a third straight win and really looking forward to Tarasenko's Chicago debut. Won't be near a computer for this one.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I'm fine with some of it, but the whole thing about trashing our fanbase...It's pretty low. One of my best friends is a Hawks fan and we don't make broad generalizations about each other because simply, they'd be wrong. I suggest everyone stay away from that board and try to be a better person than the claims.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If Stewart truly is rebounded, having that element on the Blues would really make a difference from last year when the Blues would play competitively but lose in Chicago and he didn't help. Here's hoping he helps put them over the top this year.

Em etah Eh

Maroon PP
Jul 17, 2007
**** Kane
**** Toews
**** Carcillo
Hossa's Cool
... and **** Sharp
I'm out

hqdefault.jpg

edit: I know that Carcillo is out but I'd rather just leave him in there.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
**** I forgot this was their home opener... I don't see us winning this one. Their building will be rocking (and we never seem to play well in their arena anyways) and their offense is hot right now.

It could be a good game and I think Perron bounces back tonight, but it'll be tough and I think Chicago might hand us our first loss. But even if they do, that's what makes the first 2 wins very big.

Can't stand the 'Hawks either. They're probably my least favorite team. They're good though and this will be another gritty game.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
Blues win tonight boys come on! 4-2. The crowd will be loud obviously but I think it will work in our favor, well see.

Chicago has looked great but they played against two terrible goalies/unorganized teams. Did people even watch the games? Blues will play far better than the yotes or kings. Also, the Hawks have no depth. They have 2 lines. Im not buying into their defense against us either. We have more firepower than ever and we always have had close games.

Schwartz, Shatty, Berglund, Perron

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm fine with some of it, but the whole thing about trashing our fanbase...It's pretty low. One of my best friends is a Hawks fan and we don't make broad generalizations about each other because simply, they'd be wrong. I suggest everyone stay away from that board and try to be a better person than the claims.

I actually had one of my college classes with a Hawks fan and the dude was pretty cool and hockey knowledgeable. We chatted about Blues, Hawks and the NHL in general just about every class. It's sad that a small bunch of people who make generalization comments about an entire fanbase ruin it for the other more rational people.

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
I don't mind the Hawks players, or their long-time fanbase, as much as I hate the Hawks bandwagon. It's truly the most pitiful bandwagon in all of sports. Chicago sporting events are social gatherings — I feel sorry for the true hockeys fans in Chi-town (because there are a good number up there)...but the yuppies are the ones that buy the tickets to bring their Ugg wearing girlfriends to, who are only there to look good in their Uggs and Kane jersey, and post "Go Hawks" to their facebook timeline.

There's a lot less of that in St Louis (though St Louis has a lot more problems inherent to the city)

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
Looks like they'll be a lineup change(s) according to the '**** in O'Neil's blog.

Any guesses?

I could see him wanting to get Langenbrunner in.

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
All them there big city folks on the chicago page dont think to great about us country hick folk from missoura!

Im fixin to ride the old horse up there and give them a piece of my mind and if that dont work ill have my trusty musket with me

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Haha there's nothing for Hawks fans to be jealous about. We just hate the Blues, just like Blues fans hate the Hawks

Interesting. Because on this page you really don't find people trashing the city of Chicago. I mean, if Hawks fans have a problem with Blues hockey, that's fine. That's hockey. But trashing a city? Sounds like you've run out of hockey things to ***** about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad